1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many of you use Reddit for website marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ITMTB, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dunno, I just use reddit to pass the time. I mean, it;s a very good community for fun and social interaction but I never see the business side of it. Sure there are a lot of people sharing links of site/blogs/aff links etc. But I may be one of the majority that just ignores them. If anything, the bounce rate of the traffic from reddit, I think, will be really high. Not unless you have a very nice landing page. Just my 2C :)

Vitarank, Oct 15, 2015 IP
  2. Flexster

Flexster Member

Best Answers:
    I think that's a good site if you know how to use it. I know that I don't really know the first thing about the site, so I wouldn't know how to market well on it. I have tried before, but I'm not all the sure if it was that site that brought me in the traffic. There are so many sites out there that can bring you traffic, I do think this is a good one though because so many people are using it.

Flexster, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  3. adsjoint

adsjoint Peon

Best Answers:
    It is good for being visible but dont think you can sell to them

adsjoint, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  4. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Using Reddit to post URLs is not allowed. Will get you banned in no time. Once in a while, I post a link to a short story of mine in the Short Stories subreddit.

rsrikanth05, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  5. Like101Dev

Like101Dev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We have free videos tutorials you my like to see, www.netv.com

Like101Dev, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  6. ITMTB

ITMTB Member

Best Answers:
    Subreddits have their own rules about posting links, aslong as you read these rules you will be okay. Reddit has brought in 1k new visitors this week for me and some of them are subscribing.

ITMTB, Oct 22, 2015 IP
  7. WHUK

WHUK Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely Reddit works. Reddit is the most powerful social news aggregators over the world. It drives headlines, traffic and additional new ideas and more promptly than any social network.

WHUK, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  8. hogeyman3

hogeyman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Reddit is a goldmine if you know how to use it like I stated in another post. It all depends on how you use Reddit to leverage your visitors.

hogeyman3, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  9. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are talking about short term solutions or social media tactics Reddit stands a chance but remember that you do not want "spikes" in your traffic you want constant traffic, so if you post something and it goes up then comes back down the traffic might not be as useful or lucrative as you think. Also do you get anything out of your traffic or is it just to show the numbers?
    2 more things, one is that social media tactics are great but they also need a lot of love and care to grow and develop so manage your time against the benefit you get from it. second is to understand the difference between traffic and conversion, traffic does not necessarily means conversion so measure your conversion carefully after each post to see what type of post and which forum or topic is more suitable. Good luck

Mehdi.b, Oct 26, 2015 IP
  10. N8fighter

N8fighter Peon

Best Answers:
    Good, I've never tried reddit but I think I should give it a try.

N8fighter, Oct 26, 2015 IP
  11. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reddit is a reputable site for different users and it provides useful information as well as the behavior of the people that can be use as analysis in targeting your clients.

KylieSweet, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  12. TryMyApps

TryMyApps Peon

Best Answers:
    Reddit does come in handy for me. We have a service called TryMyApps which offers app ranking boost via keyword search and organic installs for mobile developers and provides app users with an app to make money via playing apps ($0.4-$0.5 reward per app install). So, iPhone users are exactly the target we're looking for. They share how to make money safely and what are trustworthy money-making sites on reddit. It is quite useful for us.

TryMyApps, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  13. Website Submitter

Website Submitter Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen Reddit but have not seriously used it.
    It gives me an impression that site is crowded and clouded with many stuff, could be the layout.
    I heard it is unmoderated.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Website Submitter, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  14. Website Submitter

Website Submitter Member

Best Answers:
    First time, I am hearing such a confident statement that after posting a link the traffic spikes.

Website Submitter, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  15. Seogoogle1

Seogoogle1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Me also Start Before 2 years Reddit really useful platform where we can grow Traffic,Business and also our Knowledge...

Seogoogle1, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  16. UmerShoukat

UmerShoukat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi folks! i have read all discussion it was quite interesting and helpful. i have a question, i have an e-commerce site am selling women shoes in Uk.
    I want to drive traffic for my site and can i increase my sale from reddit as well. If you have any other suggestion for e-commerce SEO i'll be thank full.
    Cheers!

UmerShoukat, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  17. Nico Puegher

Nico Puegher Peon

Best Answers:
    Reddit can be huge if done correctly. Like any other "forum", build a reputation, help people then you can drive traffic.

Nico Puegher, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  18. wwstewart

wwstewart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Something to keep in mind about Reddit: the mods do keep track of your links. If you post too many times to one or two specific sites, they will hit you with the banhammer for spamming. Getting unbanned isn't easy, either.

wwstewart, Nov 3, 2015 IP
  19. Towelfox

Towelfox Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Reddit is excellent but you have to be clever. You can't just expect to slap down a link and have it 'work' I did that at first and actually made decent money but then got shadow banned so had to devise a better way forward. The key is simply in URL and domain diversity. Post in various subreddits about lots of different things. Comment on interesting things and occasionally post your links. Also post links to stuff that is very obviously not making you money. That includes to pages on your own sites sometimes.

Towelfox, Nov 4, 2015 IP
  20. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reddit is really one of the best and free way to get quality traffic to your website. However i never promote a site on reddit as i am getting most traffic from Facebook, Googe+ and twitter.

iwebsocial, Nov 4, 2015 IP