1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Drive API

Discussion in 'Google API' started by ginopinoit88, Oct 11, 2015.

Hi all,
    I want to create a windows application that incorporates the Drive support. This App can be used by users without any authentication... and users through my app, can read and writes files in a pubblic folder. Is it possible? 'Cause I read on the web that if is a pubblic data, there is no authentication needed. Works also with pubblic file on Google Drive? Or users must be authenticated with a Google Account for access to WRITE and read pubblic files?

Thanks

ginopinoit88, Oct 11, 2015 IP
  2. ginopinoit88

ginopinoit88 Peon

Best Answers:

ginopinoit88, Oct 11, 2015 IP
  3. JeffBond

JeffBond Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey ginopinoit88!

Files in Google Drive can be made public and then do not require an authentication to get access (users are anonymous).
    You can go ahead and create a test file in Drive, share it with "public" and then try the API Explorer to list all permissions on that file:
    https://developers.google.com/drive/v2/reference/permissions/list

In your case the file should return a list of permissions with one of them showing "writer" for the role and "anyone" for the type:

[
    {
    "kind": "drive#permission",
    "role": "owner",
    "type": "user"
    },
    {
    "kind": "drive#permission",
    "role": "writer",
    "type": "anyone"
    }
    ]

JeffBond, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  4. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I want a similar kind of application for Android where based on credit points user can download the files only. They will not have access to edit and upload

Anusha55, Feb 11, 2016 IP