1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making td full width using css and bootstrap

Discussion in 'CSS' started by sarahk, Sep 18, 2015.

1. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree. I suppose you can say "anyone who knows enough to make intelligent decisions regarding programming knows enough not to need to use Libraries made by other people" but that sounds kind of stupid. Just because you have the knowledge and ability to do it yourself doesn't always make it a great idea to invest your time (or your clients time or money) in to developing the already made or wasting time reinventing what already exists. I'm an intelligent programmer. I find my time is best invested in working on the project and not the compatibility and foundation. I will use Frameworks whether it's for Programming or Presentation if it means I can get the job done quicker and more efficently despite whatever geeky nerds say about "doing it yourself". It's ridiculous to do it all yourself. I use to be one of those idiots. It's silly. The purpose of Libraries and Frameworks is so you don't waste your time on something that can be reused.

I can build a responsive web site from scratch. I can program a web app from scratch using noones libraries but my own self made code. However, it doesn't make sense to spend my time doing that.

NetStar, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ... and that's the part I don't get. I fail to see how writing two to six times the markup needed to do the job, using presentational classes you have to learn on top of HTML and CSS, to then have to write more of your own CSS to make how they do things do what you want done, is somehow magically "quicker" or "more efficient". Seems to be the exact opposite of that.

Which is why things like bootcrap, jqueery, foundation, blueprint, YUI or whatever flavor of the month is trendy right now is some of the most idiotic halfwit BS out there. The ONLY conceivable way it could be saving time or effort is an utter and complete failure to grasp what HTML is, what CSS is, why they exist, much less how to use them properly.

Again, see that code snippet in my last post taken straight out of bootcrap's demo page. If you don't know what's wrong with that, you have NO damned business designing or coding a website.

Which is why when people say things like "bootstrap is easier" or "jquery is easier" they might as well be saying "inconceivable", for it seems we have entirely different definitions of the word "easy".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    deathshadow, Sep 22, 2015 IP