1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Live broadcasting from my home ip camera, video streaming from a web cam located in Athens, Greece

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by teochris, Sep 16, 2015.

At the following link

http://shopday.gr/cams/livecamera.html

I have created a web page to broadcast live from my home ip camera. Video streaming is live from my house webcam located in Athens, Greece

I was forced to use an external website service in order to send the rtsp video from my camera through my home internet connection (adsl) to their server. Their server converts the rtsp stream to a flash form of streaming and they broadcast it to up to 100 simultaneous visitors. For this service I am paying 15 euros per month.

My question is if I can somehow send the rtsp stream from my camera to youtube servers so they broadcast the picture live without me having to pay a monthly subscription. After searching a lot I have concluded that youtube servers can not accept my rtsp stream directly so I would either have to use a pc with a flash encoder or use an external service to encode the rtsp stream from my camera to flash.

Please give me your ideas or your complete solution to help me broadcast live from my home camera for free

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    teochris, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  2. teochris

teochris Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    any ideas?

teochris, Sep 18, 2015 IP
  3. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have never tried this myself, expecially now since I do not have my own DSL connection again. Having said that, sometimes in the past I wanted to achieve the same goal like you do. Pre-requisite: a VPS server (some providers offer low end VPS for $15 a year), and some will to setup these yourself.

Please check: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2136916

th.sigit, Sep 18, 2015 IP
  4. teochris

teochris Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello my friend you really helped me a lot, it is a way to reduce the streaming cost and I am doing necessary tests at the moment BUT I have to admit that I am looking for even cheaper way (for free to be more precise :)) to broadcast live.
    However until I get a better suggestion I will follow your tip!

teochris, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  5. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    RTSP streams (from IP cameras) are not supported directly for playback in HTML5 browsers.

Using plugins is a limited solution for certain browsers and rest of visitors not using that will not be able to watch stream.

To cover most browsers and devices, stream should be delivered as HTML5 compatible formats like HLS & DASH.

To convert RTSP to HLS you need a streaming server with such capabilities, like Wowza Streaming Engine. For a better understanding you can test this RTSP to Web Demo where you can input your publicly accessible rtsp address and get stream on web as HLS, MPEG DASH, RTMP (Flash).
    You could also take a look at this turnkey live video broadcasting site solution that supports 24/7 ip cameras RTSP restreaming:
    https://broadcastlivevideo.com/

RTMP streams can also be published to other services like Twitch, Youtube, Facebook.

VideoWhisper.com, Nov 26, 2017 IP