1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I sell efficiently?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Alina Podvalnikova, Sep 15, 2015.

Hello everyone! I’d like to talk a bit about active selling here and it would be great if you gave me some useful pieces of advice regarding this issue.

Let us suppose that we have some IT product or service that we need to sell and promote. What ways can I do that (online and offline)? I mean the methods that really work for companies as I’ve spent a great deal of time at tender websites, but it did not show any decent results. It is obvious that freelancers are more appreciated at such places and you can frequently encounter the posts with the headline “No agencies” there.

I would be happy if you gave me some good ideas about that!

Regards,
    Alina

Alina Podvalnikova, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  2. jryan89

jryan89 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi! If you are looking for actual ways to sell, the others on here will help you out better than I. However, if you want to know how to be a better saleswoman that I do have a lot of experience in that area.

I am one of those people who was always on top when I had sales jobs and now I have a very successful Martial Arts business. And selling comes down to mindset.

First, I don't know what you are selling, but if you price yourself too low, then people will often perceive it as low quality. If you price too high, then you will have to have much better systems in place to sell the value. In my business we say there is no such thing as a "Price" objection. Rather, it is only a "Value" objection. For example, how much would you pay to have your kids learn how to punch and kick? Maybe $75 per month. But how much would you pay for them to learn a set of life skills and character development traits that will help them live a happier, more successful life with more confidence, discipline, better focus in school, etc? That is why we are able to successful charge $175 per month and we utilize 1-3 year contracts.

It's all value. Sell the value and you are golden. Hope this helps!

jryan89, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  3. Alina Podvalnikova

Alina Podvalnikova Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, jryan89, for sharing your experience, I’m sure this principle is working in all spheres.

But the problem is what are the methods of selling of my IT product/service? Working at tender websites refuses to work, cold calling mostly leads to irritation from the side of the potential client. Have you, guys, practiced something else that provided you with real benefit?

Alina Podvalnikova, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  4. Callumm

Callumm Banned

Best Answers:
    There are so many ways that it would be hard to list all of them down. Broadly speaking though, email marketing, lead magnets, blogs with high traffic counts (services like ultimatewebtraffic or yourtraffichits help) and excellent web design are your primary weapons.

Callumm, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  5. Oliva Antonio

Oliva Antonio Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are so many ways you can sell online but the only way i will recommend is showing your product to the right people, you can try facebook ads or google adwords they are the world leading industry.

Oliva Antonio, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In order to be effective on your field you must establish your product or services to the targeted users by providing them interesting and engaging features as well as beneficial to the people.

KylieSweet, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  7. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Alina,

It's great that you are willing to learn in improving your selling skills for your IT product or service. First and foremost, welcome to Digital Point Forum. Second, you are a beautiful young lady who is destined to succeed in life. Third, your name is a sweet one. I have entered the world of selling few years ago, but I don't have enough skills. But as I continue to learn how to sell products effectively offline and online, I am going to share some useful tips on how you can too:

1. Compliment or say something nice to the client within the first 30 seconds of conversation

I have learned this from John Maxwell's 25 Ways How to Win With People book. When I didn't have skills, it's really hard to sell a product even with fair market price and outstanding quality. Your goal is to raise the client's self-esteem and confidence. This is the first step for you to build good relationship woth your targeted client or customer. I usually do this when I meet somebody. You can say something like this ("You look beautiful today, you look great and wonderful today, etc.). This is applicable to both online and offline methods of meeting a client. If you master this one Alina, for sure more clients are going to like you.

2. Ask questions nicely and listen attentively until you identify the client's needs

This is where you should start building trust to your client Alina. Make sure that the questions are related to the product or service that you have. For instance, you have an IT product or service, so better ask anything about his or her needs that are related to IT. Once you gathered information and listened to his or her concerns attentively, you can now transition it to your IT product or service. Ask him or her like this, "Do you keep your options open when it comes for an IT product or service that can help solve your problems or issues you are facing now?". One important thing, if the client said yes, atell him or her that there are no commitments. Regardless of their decisions, you tell them that we are still good at each other. just tell them to be open minded and listen to what solution are you offering to them Alina.

3. Share the solution

Once you have identified the client's needs, it is time for you to share the solution to his or her problem. Offering a solution to the client's problem is an effective way to get a good chance in making a sale for your IT product or service. Make sure that you study your IT product and service very well in order to prepare for client's objections to it.

4. Handling objections

Do not be afraid if your client objected your IT product or service. Once the client objects, he or she is interested in your product. There is an important rule that you should do if your client objects you Alina. One step backward, two steps forward. You can search in Google on how to handle objections, practice and apply it on your own.

5. Endure rejections and discouragements

Best of all, expect that there will be several rejections and discouragements from them. You have no choice but to keep going. Always put in your mind about the Pareto principle, the 80/20 rule. Like for example, out of 100 prospects, only 20% of them are gonna say yes to your IT product or service. Don't feel bad if your are rejected or discouraged, because there are better customers who awaits you Alina.

I hope these tips will help you Alina on how to sell efficiently. It was based on my actual selling experience for few years. You are on the right path now Alina, and you are on your way to success. I wish you the best of luck. Cheers and God bless!

bogartkick, Sep 17, 2015 IP