1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Profile backlinks for SEO. Are these even worth it anymore?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TeKn1qu3z, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Dan W Brown

Dan W Brown Banned

Best Answers:
    In my own opinion it is still worth to have it. But not just creating profile for the sake of a backlink but you need to participate as well as you represent your product or services. It's another way to get backlinks or visit somehow.

Dan W Brown, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  2. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok, this is a very good question and i want to give in my intake for that. It might be a little different from what all others people say.

First of all, getting a niche related forum is hard these days, because many of them are just general. The specific niche ones are so small it just doesn't matter.
    But one things that is truly important is the quality of that backlink you create. And yea i know quality is also from relevance, but it's also about how many backlinks your backlink have. Think about it ! The common mistake is creating a profile on some random forum and setting there homepage and whatever, and forgetting all about it.

You can create backlinks on forum that have 'like' functionality and than you can participate in discussions. Because everytime you get involved in this kind of activities, it creates a link to your public profile page, and there you can have your homepage link ( have you notices those kind of links like "the following people find these useful " ? ). You can also add friends to some forums, and lots of other things that create backlinks. Not to mention that you can have a signature and get natural clicks.

And the same things applies to blogs from tumblr or blogger ( where you can follow people or comment with your own profile, reblog etc ) , and any other social profile you can think off. It's all in the quality. Quantity is nothing these days. Just like eating in a restaurant

Hope this helps

King Manu, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  3. Kushal Shah

Kushal Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Apart from creating profile backlinks, you must try to stay active by taking part in discussions to keep the value of your profile alive.

Kushal Shah, Feb 24, 2015 IP
  4. aforabi

aforabi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been hearing mixed opinions about this topic. Do profile backlinks from websites such as forums, or directories matter in terms of LB and site ranking?

i think, after my research, that creating backlink profiles for generating tons of backlinks is very profitable. i saw two sites rankings in the 2nd and 3rd position for a very competitive keywords based on backlinks generated through profile links only ... and this user did not even post one single post on that forum ... it was all coming through the same profile but i could see (through backlinwatch) that there were more than one link pointing to their money site ... i think it is very important but just don't over do it ... try to use the mix of forum posting, blog posting, social media posts, youtube videos, and blogging, and commenting to make it as natural as possible ...

let me know if that was helpful ....

aforabi, Sep 5, 2015 IP
  5. *Mayank*

*Mayank* Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Relevant links from relevant forums are not going to hurt unless it is over done, like using softwares to blast. But what apart from that are you doing? If your website has links only from forum profiles, it is not good. You will want to add Web 2.0 links as well. You can comment on relevant Blogs with brand keyword as anchor.

These days hardly anyone gives backlinks to one's website. Some of the backlinks you would have built are passing less juice and due to decrease in link juice power, your sites are losing ranks and traffic. You need to try good quality backlinks that stick to maintain your ranks over long term.

*Mayank*, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  6. saikumar406

saikumar406 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what is the profile backlinks sir could you please tell me

saikumar406, Sep 18, 2015 IP
  7. Tripti Kashyap

Tripti Kashyap Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, profile backlinks with active participation from websites such as forums or directories matter in terms of LB and site ranking. They are also helpful in generating traffic.

Tripti Kashyap, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  8. Kogi Mobile

Kogi Mobile Peon

Best Answers:
    My two cents:

P.S: I am working on a mobile app development related site and the competition is very high (Hundreds of app development companies out there in the world all targeting the same few keywords like app development, ios development, android development etc). So I am sure its a lot harder for me to rank in that area compared to some of you here who might have low competition niche targets.

I started SEO work on a company website that never did any marketing/SEO work so it was a clean slate. I started with the onsite SEO work and that alone carried the site to the first page on some long tail/niche keywords. I was seeing results in 2-3 days after I do clean things up and it was so much fun. Results were very obvious and we would see the climb right after Google indexed our work.

Then came the backlinking part and let me tell you this, 2 months into backlinking now I tried everything, all kinds of business directories, city directories, yellow pages like pages, blog commenting, forum commenting, social media posting, forum profile creation, link submission websites/directories, I found some interview opportunities and got backlinks organically from some business blogs, PDF submission pages, image directories, video directories, Press Releases, Quora, Reddit, niche social media sites etc and after hundreds of backlinks absolutely nothing happened to our ranking. Onsite SEO had visible results but backlinking did nothing to our ranking. With simple onsite SEO work we would easily Google rankings but as soon as onsite work is done and backlinking started it didn't move a bit regardless of hundreds of backlinks.

I can confirm here that the backlinking is dead. If anyone claims to rank a page by traditions backlinking they for sure have a secret that they are not sharing with others or they think they can rank because SEO blogs they are reading say so.

Let me summarize:

First of all %95 of the backlink channels now are NOFOLLOW and the %4 of the remaining %5 DOFOLLOW sites are paid and you need to pay them to be able to get backlinks. The remaining %1 is very hard to find.

If you spy into successful and well-ranking competition backlinks you will immediately see all these paid channels where you pay them a monthly fee and they mention your company URL couple of times a month in their articles, also these successfully ranking companies are very likely using PR companies to get mentions in websites like Mashable, BusinessInsider etc.

If you are looking to get very high-quality backlinks then you are looking at publications like TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Mashable, Businessinsider or big Blogs where you either need to have a magical product and killer reporter pitching skills to get a mention, pay some very expensive PR firm to put you in there or know an editor in these publications who is willing to help your company. If you are like me it is impossible for you to get a mention in these channels especially if you are trying to promote a mobile app development company (nothing sexy here).

I also spent weeks contacting reporters and let me tell you this, ROI on this work will not be pretty unless you land a link on Forbs somehow and its worth your weeks of work. I personally got only 2 replys from non-ranking local blogs after weeks of pitching which definitely does not worth all that time I spend pitching people.

So in short almost everyone out there is tired of spam so the whole web is NOFOLLOW now, and the few DOFOOLOW sites are owned by business-minded smart people who capitalize on these sites and only get you in their blog/site if you advertise with them and/or subscribe to one of the many monthly marketing packages they offer. When I read people claiming to rank websites with NOFOLLOW links, directory postings, forum commenting etc it just makes me think they either did SEO on 2008 or they are just reading some Quora posts and claiming to know SEO.

Every single SEO blog out there is talking about the same backlinking stuff, sharing the same backlinking channels and strategy, let me tell you this, more than 2 months into backlinking, following every strategy mentioned on SEO blogs and hundreds of backlinks in I got absolutely no results (Not a single row increase on Google results).

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Kogi Mobile, Jan 26, 2016 IP
    briguy likes this.
  9. Bishwajit Nath

Bishwajit Nath Member

Best Answers:
    Profile backlink is not such powerful to get quality backlink and boost to ranking. But if you increase your personality and branding from social profile like facebook, twitter, tumblr, warrior forum etc then it will help to increase traffic and business promotion.

Best Lucks!!

Bishwajit Nath, Jan 28, 2016 IP
  10. maxauthority

maxauthority Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Thread starter is ask challenging questions because as Google evolves, more websites respond to it.

The answers aren’t as clear as before.

Pre-Google Penguin, any do follow link is good.

The name of the game, then, was volume, which means the more anchored keyword and the tags you get from the internet, the higher you rank.

This is not the case now.

Google Penguin has put in filters and its complexity and sophistication has increased.

You are heading for a disaster if you play the volume game to generate backlinks.

Besides, many websites are now using the no-follow tag for outgoing links.

As a general SEO practice, profile backlinks are not worth your time.

A profile with a no-follow characteristic is still useful if it is on a website connected to your niche.

Look at them more as gateways for direct niche traffic rather than just SEO tools.

Their value doesn’t come from link creation, but the impact you make on websites where target members meet. The two are different.

maxauthority, Feb 7, 2016 IP
  11. electroze

electroze Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think profile links and directories are VERY low quality links. Way better is to get links from actual established websites about dogs or blogs about dogs. You can do this by asking directly or via the link share forum on Digitalpoint, for example. Some value in Facebook pages about dogs, Pinterest pages with dog images that link back to your site. You can also make multiple websites about dogs yourself and host on different IPs, different domain names of course.

electroze, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  12. Katherine Nova

Katherine Nova Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Profile backlinks are useful but you have to make your profiles strong. Make you profile with high PR websites and then increase number of your followers then you will definitely have profit of this. To increase number of followers you will have to be active on your profile and make posts regularly.

Katherine Nova, Feb 12, 2016 IP
  13. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Profile links are awesome if the profile person is popular and appreciated one. If you make links on new profiles, then better don't do it.

Mr_Kumar, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  14. jassihoo

jassihoo Peon

Best Answers:
    i was using profile backlinks to promote my websites. thanks for the post. i will discard this then. BTW, what's the best forum of SEO, any suggestion?

jassihoo, May 15, 2016 IP
  15. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    yes till worthy if you create in high pa/da sites.

seoaceindia, May 15, 2016 IP
  16. jassihoo

jassihoo Peon

Best Answers:
    what is it?

jassihoo, May 16, 2016 IP
  17. jassihoo

jassihoo Peon

Best Answers:
    but it's hard to participate naturally in most forums, because, do know nothing about their knowledge.:oops::eek:

jassihoo, May 16, 2016 IP
  18. Sachinsood90

Sachinsood90 Member

Best Answers:
    As my personal opinion each and every link is important for SEO prospects, If you create profile link before create a backlink check website DA, PA and site traffic it's help you site is good to create backlink or not.

Sachinsood90, May 16, 2016 IP
  19. rubelbd4

rubelbd4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very good question. I face same problem. I am tired to read seo update & backlink strategy. I apply & wait for result. So I understand what actually work. I think forum profile is good but not build much link one day.

rubelbd4, May 17, 2016 IP
  20. KutaLands

KutaLands Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    how to get backlink user profile edu and gov?

KutaLands, Nov 30, 2016 IP