1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tim Ferriss - What are Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Kit Zakimi, Aug 25, 2015.

If we were to talk about famous bloggers, I would say Tim Ferriss is pretty high up there. What are your thoughts on him and what he has accomplished? I know my opinion, but I'd like to hear everyone elses.

Kit Zakimi, Aug 25, 2015 IP
  2. learnwebsitedesigncom

learnwebsitedesigncom Active Member

Best Answers:
    I listen to and read a lot of his stuff and I think that a lot of his ideas are great.

learnwebsitedesigncom, Aug 25, 2015 IP
  3. Leilani Sniffen

Leilani Sniffen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Gosh I read both of his books and he was the first person I know that showed that you don't have to go with the status quo.

Who would have thought about a 4 Hour Work Week? We were brought up thinking that you had to work 8 hours per day. Most people just blindly accept 8. Yet here he goes ahead and explains how he does it.

What he got me to do is to question everything!! That maybe there is a better way to do anything. We don't have to accept the norm that has been passed down for generations.

Reminds me of the story of a roast pan. Girl is watching her mother roast beef in a huge pan. She asks her mother why is she using a big pan. Mother replies that is what her mother did. Child goes and ask her grandmother the same question. She gets the same reply and told that is the way her mother did it. She goes to her great grandmother and ask her the same question. Grandmother says, "Because that was the only pan I had to cook in!"

Are we just accepting ideas and concepts and practices blindly without knowing why and that there may be a better way?

I'm here on the forum to find out how to get that 4 Hour Work Week and eventually have a 0 Hour Work Week, where my businesses have others run it so it frees up my time to do other meaningful projects that I've "back burnered."

So yeah, I dig Tim Ferris for going where no one else has gone.

Leilani

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Leilani Sniffen, Aug 25, 2015 IP
  4. WritingConsultation

WritingConsultation Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think he is truly an inspiration, a living proof that you don't have to live by the 9-5 rule, and it is possible to have balance between life and work.

WritingConsultation, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  5. Kit Zakimi

Kit Zakimi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Leilani, you sound like a person I'd want to have over for tea to discuss exactly what you typed above. I could talk about that topic for hours without tiring.

Kit Zakimi, Aug 26, 2015 IP