1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A $10K Website Proposal - Have you succeeded in charging $10K?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by RolfDrake, Aug 19, 2015.

?

How many $10K + website jobs have you signed and collected on?

1. 0

83.3%
  2. 2 or less

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 to 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 5 or more

16.7%
    I belong to a mailing list hosted by Troy Dean and i received an email yesterday that contained a link to a video and a proposal template that helps freelancers land $10K work.

My question to the forum is, how much success have you had proposing and landing jobs on the upwards end of $10K or higher?

I struggle to charge more than a couple grand for an elaborate website. Am i not charging enough?

Here's a link to the Troy Dean video and proposal template if you want it. Although, word of warning, Troy will ask for your email to get it!

Any suggestions on using Troy's technique or another for landing more cash for website work?

RolfDrake, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  2. RolfDrake

RolfDrake Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Really, no one cares about this subject?

What do you charge for an elaborate website for a business? As an example, let's say the business is a restaurant. Everyone has dealt with a restaurant website at one point. Would an upscale restaurant pay $10K for a killer website?

What would that entail?

RolfDrake, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  3. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From what I understand, you must take over their entire online marketing budget to get that sort of pay.. but, I have never come close to getting $10k for one website so I really don't know. I've watched some interviews and webinars on the topic and they all suggested you take control of their marketing, so it's not going to be $10k profit. Can you share some of the tips provided by Troy so we don't have to subscribe? ;)

cronik, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  4. footyT

footyT Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I highly doubt it. There are two types of people on average. No clue - and - a bit of a clue... People with no clue ask around for advise and end up with a rubbish wordpress website... people with a bit of a clue are generally more shrewd! I suppose if someone has created a successful physical business, they would think long and hard at spending 10k. Even if they decided to spend this amount, you would be a killer portfolio, and to make it worse... they might not even like your creative style!

footyT, Aug 21, 2015 IP
    jmeh likes this.
  5. jmeh

jmeh Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, this is exactly what we have found. Little and often. Big fish is a bonus :)

jmeh, Aug 21, 2015 IP
  6. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hoping to get paid $10K just to setup some 5 pages restaurant theme website it's not going to happen. Should the restaurant however want to provide things like home delivery and online ordering and need a fully coded interface for customers and back-end for all of this, then yes it is possible.

goscript, Aug 21, 2015 IP
  7. ddesigns

ddesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If its a big corporate then they will not mind paying $10K or higher, i have seen many companies paying $8-$12k just for logos, but for that you really really really need killer portfolio, a good team, a good marketing guy who knows how to negotiate and of course good luck to find such company who spends so much on its web presence.

ddesigns, Aug 22, 2015 IP
  8. kellz

kellz Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to find out is to ask yourself this question:

"Would I pay $10k for a website?"

You probably wouldn't. I would not pay more than $700 for a site because they can be made so easily and quickly on WordPress.

If a business is paying $10k on a site it's because they are a big pharmaceutical, government, or insurance company that will have a tremendous amount of data they need to keep track of and store securely. A regular small or medium size business, such as a restaurant, would not need that much website.

The guy selling you the program is stretching the truth. Unless he can tell you which clients are paying $10k, I would not spend my time on this program.

kellz, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  9. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly too expensive but if it is a large institution there will be a budget for that website proposal and depends on the load of work on how to maintain the website.

KylieSweet, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  10. Troy Dean

Troy Dean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Gang,

I'm the Troy Dean being referred to in this thread.

First off let me be very clear that i do not stretch the truth in anyway. Anyone with a public internet profile and long term sustainable business cannot afford to stretch the truth - it's bad for business.

@kellz - you are right when you say a website can be made quickly and easily on WordPress for $700. If you know what you're doing.

Here's a list of clients who don't know how to use WordPress and were more than happy to pay my company somewhere between $10K and $20K for their WordPress websites because the websites helped them achieve business goals or solve problems.

The ONLY factor that determines whether or not a client will invest $10K in a website is whether or not they are capable of getting a return on that investment. And if you're an accounting firm charging $20K+ per year for ONE client's taxation needs, them it's a no-brainer.

The technology, design, theme, plugins and other bits and pieces are not what determines the value of a website.

Full disclaimer: some of these websites included design and development - some were dev only.

http://proctormajor.com.au/
    http://www.studioalto.com
    http://jessicawatson.com.au
    http://www.vaada.org.au
    http://visserdesign.co/

I hope that clears things up.

Troy Dean, Jan 18, 2016 IP