1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get in touch with person who owns domain

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PresPlayServices, Aug 7, 2015.

I have registered a few domains in my time and I get these emails from random people about web design. How are they able to obtain my information and contact me?

The reason I am asking is, There is a new business being built in town and they already purchased their domain. I would like to contact them in an attempt to design their website.

Ive tried obtaining a listing by going through godaddy but nothing. Tried the registered domain lookup site and still nothing.

How do web designers see who just purchased new domains??

PresPlayServices, Aug 7, 2015 IP
  2. TBroker

TBroker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, you can use many services like whois.sc and they will list all of the information about your domain, even if you have a domain privacy many of them aggregate all newly registered domains and use them for "mass mailing" purposes.

TBroker, Aug 7, 2015 IP
  3. PresPlayServices

PresPlayServices Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried the Whois.com and always ran into general about the domain name, no contact info though
    Any other useful portals would be great.

4. PresPlayServices

PresPlayServices Peon

Best Answers:
    is there a way I can send an email to the domain name without knowing the prefix? like @website.com vs

5. Vincentas

Vincentas Active Member

Best Answers:
    The easiest way but not always effective is to check his personal information on https://who.is/. If the person has not hidden his information - you will be able to find his email address he has registered. So good luck!

Vincentas, Aug 16, 2015 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah I get these emails too. They grab your contact details from the whois records of the domain name you registered.

dcristo, Aug 16, 2015 IP
  7. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend this, as a certain amount of failed deliveries could get you blocked/blacklisted by their server.

Original Hosting, Aug 17, 2015 IP
  8. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are sites that show you recently purchased domains. What I've done in the past is go through the recent domains for sites that looked like they were for small businesses and did a whois lookup to get their email. I contacted them each, with a unique message (you can sometimes tell what a site is about by their domain) and got some responses for web design work.

cronik, Aug 17, 2015 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    1. Go to the site and ask to speak to the building site manager and ask him/her how to contact the client
    2. Go the companies office website and look up the business name
    3. Google the domain name and the business name and see if you can find any posts on social media talking about the new business. From there you may be able to track down the owner.

sarahk, Aug 17, 2015 IP
  10. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    If there is a new business then go to the place of their business or ask around in Yellow pages. Otherwise try Whois to see if the details are listed there.
    I suspect if they have the domain, they must have someone already on it, but does not hurt to have a look.

Mehdi.b, Aug 17, 2015 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    He's already done a whois and how do you "ask around in Yellow Pages"? In NZ it's only a glorified directory. There's no forum or social element to it is there?

sarahk, Aug 17, 2015 IP
  12. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Something I used to do before was to literally ask around the yellow page, this means find the place of business or previous owners of the place and literally ask around. But my whole point is: is it worth it to put so much time and effort on a hunch or a lead like this? I have done stuff like this in times of desperation, but they do not generate good results at the end.

Mehdi.b, Aug 17, 2015 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    OK, not a phrase I'd heard before.

sarahk, Aug 17, 2015 IP
  14. PresPlayServices

PresPlayServices Peon

Best Answers:
    This was a time for desperate measure since I needed to make some money. The site for this new store was not live, so I figured, why not push it. I've been to the site, and seems like the owner is never there. No big deal, left my card at the door and with one of the construction workers. Tried a who is lookup and social media, and still nothing. Asked the business next door, left a card, and nothing either. Their domain is not up. Was just curious. On to the next. @cronik , since you mentioned it, what are some good sites that show recently purchased domain names, to then obviously follow up with on whois?

PresPlayServices, Aug 17, 2015 IP
  15. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what I used before, but here's a good one: registered.today - and yes, I kindly asked if someone else was already in charge of making their website. Basically, I attempted to be their second choice if it didn't work out, and if they didn't have anyone to make their site I would hopefully be their first choice. Each email I sent was original though, I don't like spamming and I never wrote them again or added their names to any list.

cronik, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  16. octalsystems

octalsystems Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your only option is to use the contact info from whois and send an email to them ,may be they are using protected whois service but your email they will receive i am sure, and it is up to them to reply or not

octalsystems, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  17. Brahska

Brahska Peon

Best Answers:
    Bummer! Can't find a contact info on the whois for the domain I would like. Has it for sale for $250 but was hoping an offer would entice him/her for immediate lower price sale.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Brahska, Aug 24, 2015 IP
  18. legionhoster

legionhoster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well there are many people out there who provide Doxing services and by using those services you can even find thier home address and full names.

legionhoster, Aug 24, 2015 IP