1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. DBS

DBS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My revenue has dropped from $170 to $16 in 24 hours, so Im sure you can understand why I would email/post multiple times if I do not get a response.
    There is a technical fault on your side and all I can do is notify PopAds support and hope they fix it.

DBS, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  2. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At this point, in your case, I did not manage to find any issues. Are you absolutely sure your traffic did not change? In last 24 hours we did not do any changes in codes or databases on our end. Except the 30 minutes incident today, everything seems to be working perfectly fine.

I will run some more tests tomorrow, but so far it does not look like any issue on our end.

tomksoft, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  3. DBS

DBS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    STATS MY END FOR 30% OF MY SITES (all of my sites have PopAds code on EVERY page)
    Summary StatCounter.jpg
    POPADS TRAFFIC STATS
    PopAds - traf.jpg
    As you can see, my traffic has not changed. My code has not changed. What other explanation for this drop is there?

DBS, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  4. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Just to update everyone - the issue of @DBS got fixed itself.
    As we have not heard of any similar reports from other publishers(same scale/timeframe) and there were no changes on our end at the time it started or at the time it fixed itself, it does not seem like something on our end. Of course, we will continue investigation once the problem reoccures.

Also, yesterday's 30 minute drop in traffic was caused by issues with the primary CDN. Our adcode has automatically switched to the backup CDN, however in some cases/browser that is not fully possible(hence there was only 50% drop instead of 100%).
    We are actually in process to switching the primary CDN to Akamai, so once that is done, it should be much more stable and faster :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    tomksoft, Jul 31, 2015 IP
  5. Rage

Rage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is it currently stable to use popads right now?

Rage, Jul 31, 2015 IP
  6. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yo dude I cannot fathom how you think Digitalpoint is a full support forum and baffled. You can get places with support tickets such as "Can you please escalate this to Tom" rather than making yourself look like an idiot on a forum that is not in anyway meant for support. Anyway just my two bits.

lukey372, Jul 31, 2015 IP
  7. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Seems like recent(last 2 days) drop of traffic was a result of Microsoft releasing new browser(Microsoft Edge) bundled with Windows 10.
    As it's user agent says that it is Chrome, one of our filters was trying to verify the browser as Chrome, which obviously failed. In such case, our system believes that the referrer is spoofed and the impression is blocked.
    This has been just fixed.

This also explains why we couldn't easily detect the problem - seems like the first batches of upgrades were done in US and UK and that is where traffic drop was significant. Rest of the world remained fairly stable.

tomksoft, Aug 1, 2015 IP
  8. Rage

Rage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    can someone tell me how much CPM is for Mexican and Philippine traffic in popads?

Rage, Aug 1, 2015 IP
  9. DBS

DBS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yo dude! Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering how this whole internets thing worked.
    Hopefully your 'two bits' will help idiots around the world, for generations to come, reach your level of awesomeness! Good on ya dude ;-)

DBS, Aug 1, 2015 IP
  10. cleverk

cleverk Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Tomksoft; i started to advertising on popads today. I want to known if in some way can you (or popads) provide the network sites that delivery most traffic in a specific country, Brazil in my case. For a particular reason, i need to implement something on my site, so i have to known from what url's the traffic is coming; i think that popads don't provide the url itselfs, only the ID right, but if i could have at least the ID's it would help me; in the inventory of panel i can't find such info, so i don't known if you provide this, but don't hurt to ask haha. Thanks

cleverk, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  11. xAlexKimx

xAlexKimx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Tomsoft,

This whole week my impressions and rates dropped at least 30%. I've have sent a ticket via email, please review.

Thank you

xAlexKimx, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  12. masinerija

masinerija Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem, my rates dropped drastically, from aprox. 1.5 - 1.7 CPM to 1.2 - 1.3 CPM
    Maybe they can't control it, but it's worth the question, i gues :p

masinerija, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  13. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Such issues should be resolved via support ticket, not in forum. We have no networkwide drop.

Unfortunately, we cannot do much. There were few factors in recent times that resulted in lowered rates:
    - It is summer, some of advertisers are on holidays or reduced budgets (that is pretty normal),
    - We had significant traffic volume increase recently(around 20%). As we are bidding network, rapid traffic volumes will result in lowering rates.

tomksoft, Aug 11, 2015 IP
  14. masinerija

masinerija Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's about all the info that i need. Hope you still do good work and i'll stay with u till the end. Kind regards.

masinerija, Aug 11, 2015 IP
  15. w4rkr4f7

w4rkr4f7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have changed again script file code but you still have NOT fixed _pop.push(['defaultPerDay', 1]); ,pop is opening at every page refresh.....

w4rkr4f7, Aug 22, 2015 IP
  16. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    We have changed the code recently in order to apply an emergency hotfix for tab hijacking.
    Fixing the defaultPerDay will most likely be a more complex change(it is currently stored in cookies, which I guess is the reason why it does not work well and we want to migrate it to HTML5 storage). This will be added in next major release of the adcode.

tomksoft, Aug 22, 2015 IP
  17. w4rkr4f7

w4rkr4f7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Is so hard to modify your script to create a cookie called "defaults" ,I was forced to use a custom script to create that cookie to not annoy my forum visitors

w4rkr4f7, Aug 22, 2015 IP
  18. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wich works better if i will promote CPA/PPI?
    popup, popunder, tabup or tabunder?

geekos, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  19. Henry04

Henry04 Member

Best Answers:
    @geeko This depends on your traffic, what kind of content do you have. And where are your visitors from?

Henry04, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  20. amine 1987

amine 1987 Active Member

Best Answers:
    amine 1987, Sep 5, 2015 IP