1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do so many people think Google is the only place to get traffic?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by danasurvey, Jun 19, 2015.

1. elucid7

elucid7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I doubt that there are many people who think that google is the only place to get traffic from. Those who do think that, must not know about any other source of traffic.

elucid7, Jul 16, 2015 IP
  2. moneyroad

moneyroad Member

Best Answers:
    No,mate, we are discussing about topic, we do know more traffic sources ;)

moneyroad, Jul 16, 2015 IP
  3. elucid7

elucid7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry about the misunderstanding.

elucid7, Jul 16, 2015 IP
  4. Generiks

Generiks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, Google is not the only place where you can get the traffic, there are other search engines to drive traffic that is not it?

Generiks, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  5. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All my sales come from Google - at least 98% of them. As others said Google has the volume and the targeting.

dess71, Jul 22, 2015 IP
  6. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    please tell me other large search sites that i should submit my site maps to... so far i have only done google and bing...

google gives tons more traffic... are any others even worth the time?

pmf123, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  7. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is great because of constant traffic that it send to website... but people are relying too much on Google, that's true!
    Social media can bring traffic in matter of minutes... but there everything fades away quickly. Luckily... there's too much options out there to combine and replace at least one big part of google traffic

Jacob.k, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  8. bachtiar zulkifli

bachtiar zulkifli Member

Best Answers:
    many poeple use Google Mail or abbreviation of G-Mail as mediator like Facebook, Twitter, etc. and some of them are using as Business like business Online...and everyone has known that the user of Google itself are not some of people but a lot of people where the transmission of the data are busy, every people use for different way...or another word if the signal in certain area doesn't support or the transmission of data does not work well or in the certain times there are a lot of people use in the same time and need the answer as soon as possible of course it could be a traffic, the worse is if the company or some of business online user need to reply the message or they got the orders, certainly they need to reply to tell what should to do next or how much to pay in soon, if it has traffic you can imagine how worry of them and terribel situation is...and I think Google knew it and making some development for us, for all people Google user

bachtiar zulkifli, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  9. stevenwatson011

stevenwatson011 Member

Best Answers:
    There are other ways to get traffic include social media, referral traffic and blogs.

stevenwatson011, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  10. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree Google is the preferred search engine. People just seem to forget that traffic from other sources like SMM and other search engines can still lead to conversions. :)

danasurvey, Aug 9, 2015 IP
  11. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it is a fact that majority of people use Google in everyday life.
    But people should know that even if Google gives a big share on traffic there are still plenty of platforms where you can extend your resources.

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 9, 2015 IP
  12. sbsl

sbsl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We cant even imagine that some one is doing SEO or SMO and they don't know about Facebook, google +, twitter, Bing and Yahoo. If they exist then their must be little percentage of that category or people.

sbsl, Aug 14, 2015 IP
  13. guru1surfer

guru1surfer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very true! Thanks for the to the point can't get any simpler reply :)

guru1surfer, Aug 14, 2015 IP
  14. azharSEO

azharSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes I agree with you social media platform is also best way for increase traffic but Search engine is the way Once's our website are promote on that we can get Huge Good traffic and Google is a Strong search engine.

azharSEO, Aug 18, 2015 IP
  15. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i'd like to see a social media page that does well, can someone post some examples?

pmf123, Aug 18, 2015 IP
  16. Thetony

Thetony Member

Best Answers:
    The quality of traffic from different source is different. The reason people love Google traffic (or organic traffic in general) is that you can target specific audience, whereas social media or referral traffic is not as easy.

For example, if someone is thinking about buying a computer, depending on which buying funnel stage they are in, you can target people searching for "what is the best laptop 2015" or "where can I buy HP 6031 cheap" and get them to the right page on your site.

It is possible to get massive traffic from Youtube or social media but people who visit those sites don't necessarily think about buying or doing a research on stuff, but rather they are there to get entertained. I am not saying it's impossible to get sales or conversion from those channels, but it is more difficult and less controlled.

Thetony, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  17. kyescontent

kyescontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's entirely reasonable to be concerned with Google; it IS a major traffic source. Going into an era of mobile search though, the landscape is changing fast. Good practices are still about the same in many respects though.

kyescontent, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  18. DravenTaylor

DravenTaylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thetony, you are right, but the social medias are considered a more dominant force right now. One of the two dominant Youtube partners was bought this year by Disney due to Youtube being the most dominant social network/medium in the world for 2015.

There are a lot of companies that are finding multiple methods in how to use these resources to rival Google. The site and/or person needs to see how the successful sites have used these and develop an approach that is similar. That though is like you said, requires research or hiring someone that knows what they are doing. I would avoid spending money as most of the resources that a person needs are already on the Internet.

Just keep in mind that all of these are still regional. Google is used by over 75% of the world, but there are still places that it is not the dominant force. Same applies for the social networks/mediums. Currently, there are 242 social networks in the world that are in use. Some places Twitter and Facebook are not even in the top 10 social networks. It really depends on what location, age range, and what is presented.

DravenTaylor, Aug 22, 2015 IP
  19. legionhoster

legionhoster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well it is the matter bcoz it is #1 site according to the alexa.com and you know that too. Facebook,twitter are there but still the best one? is google. hence it is the matter of thinking.

legionhoster, Aug 23, 2015 IP
  20. DravenTaylor

DravenTaylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is based on raw traffic.

For 2015 to date for raw unique visitors per month :
    1 Google (1.1 billion) - #1 Quantcast, #1 Alexa, #1 eBizMBA
    2 Youtube (1.0 billion) - #2 Quantcast, #3 Alexa, #3 eBizMBA
    3 Facebook (0.9 billion) - #3 Quantcast, #2 Alexa, #3 eBizMBA
    4 Yahoo (0.75 billion) - #7 Quantcast, #4 Alexa, #4 eBizMBA
    5 Amazon (0.5 billion) - #9 Quantcast, #12 Alexa, #9 eBizMBA

I value the unique visitors per month as that is what shows the depth of diversity in the prospective client base. Alexa is owned by Amazon and uses different algorithms than the other two. Combined they give a good mean metric that can be evaluated, but it still comes down to unique visitors.

The numbers above are the average estimates (rounded to nearest million from January to August for 2015).

DravenTaylor, Aug 23, 2015 IP