1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Am I to Make of This Offer? What If the Last One Sells before the Timer Reaches 0?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by abajan, Jul 16, 2015.

[​IMG]

So, I get this email promoting a great product (basically, a web store creator in a box) for the low price of just $16.97. Sweet! But I'm told that once the countdown timer reaches 000 00 00 00 the price will increase to at least $47.00. Thing is, there's only one left at the cheaper price.

Question: What happens if someone else buys that last one and I click the Buy Now button while the timer hasn't run out? Will I get a message telling me there are no more available and to try again after the timer reaches zero?

abajan, Jul 16, 2015 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Really, are you that gullible?..there's always gonna be 1 left at the offer price, but chances are the product is a pile of old crap anyway, don't waste your money on it.

malky66, Jul 16, 2015 IP
    jrbiz and ryan_uk like this.
  3. abajan

abajan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, no. I just posted this to illustrate the importance of not sending confusing messages when selling. I'm quite familiar with the Only 1 More at $16.97! sort of urgency tactic well and it's fine but not when used together with a countdown timer. It should either be one or the other.

abajan, Jul 16, 2015 IP
  4. daftdog

daftdog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes as a product creator and an affiliate I agree that having both is daft....someone who is using a Plugin or software they are not familiar with maybe to create the sales page??

daftdog, Jul 23, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... This is the lesson everyone should learn when entering Internet Marketing

Jacob.k, Jul 24, 2015 IP