1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion on eCommerce website…

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Lea Twain, Jun 26, 2015.

Hi,
    I have an eCommerce website. I want the expert suggestion that what should I do. Either SEO or PPC. Which one is best for my website. Plz help

Lea Twain, Jun 26, 2015 IP
  2. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PPC will get you traffic right away but costs and you must continue to pay as long as you want that steady traffic flowing.

SEO will not get you the traffic that PPC will right away, but is Free (if you know how) and the affects will last longer and as long as you continue good SEO practices, will last for the longer haul.

You can start out with PPC while at the same time SEO'ing your site and then after a little while then just stop the PPC.

ulterios, Jun 26, 2015 IP
  3. indiadesign

indiadesign Member

Best Answers:
    PPC will give you fast result, but SEO is a slow process. SEO is free and PPC is paid. The result get from SEO will help long term

My suggestion is to start with both SEO and PPC and then after a little while then just stop the PPC.

www.krishnadasan.com Web Design & SEO Company

indiadesign, Jun 28, 2015 IP
  4. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend both, PPC is good to bring instant traffic while SEO is a long term marketing strategy.

Andy-Jones, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  5. ertha013

ertha013 Member

Best Answers:
    PPC is additional for me if you're generating good revenue. SEO is however highly essential for you, since people looking for specific item can directly reach your product sale page.

My suggestion is to give some emphasis on building good site SEO structure, here is example.

You're case store providing many bags and cases for customer, your site structure could be...

YourDomain.Com (keywords = laptop case, ipad case, laptop soft case, laptop bag)

-Tier 2
    Macbook case
    --Tier 3 > Macbook Pro 17" case, Macbook Air 13" case, Macbook Pro 15"

-Tier 2
    Notebook bag
    --Tier 3 > 13/15/17" Notebook bag, Notebook bag with locks, Over-shoulder notebook bag

It all depends on your preference actually, but you need to make a table summarizing your site structure, at least targeted keyword for every single page.

After you've finishing structure your content, you should optimize basic on-page factors and start building some links within website as well as inbound links.

For your product page main keyword can be the model number, brand, color, as well as buyer keyword (ie: pink flower case for lenovo z500)

ertha013, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  6. Benpick

Benpick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Patience is the KEY. But if you really want that traffic badly then you can go for a PPC for a short period of time. But as what majority said here SEO is the best if you want long term results. You can also use the social networking sites e.g. facebook, twitter etc to immediately advertise your services/products for free. Tag your friends keep the account active daily e.g. posting updates everyday etc.

Benpick, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  7. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PPC is recommended if you need traffic to flow in a matter of hours (or days).... SEO is quite a better option as it's cheaper (if of course you do SEO!) and it could last much longer than PPC! :)

patco, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  8. AmitSolanki1188

AmitSolanki1188 Member

Best Answers:
    PPC is best for online shopping website. Try to use Price Comparison website for Advertisement and PPC like Google Shopping.

AmitSolanki1188, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  9. kahmed09

kahmed09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get onto pinterest and fancy. If your ecommerce. Depending on your product it will boost traffic and get your site indexed well to.
    Even though they are no follow links.

However pinterest is bringing out buy pins so you want to be in there when they do.

SEO would be best. Long term. Depends on your budget though and your competitors. You don't really want to be paying $5 a click and your profit if somebody buys would be $1. You might spend $500 and not get 1 sale.

kahmed09, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  10. fawwad

fawwad Active Member

Best Answers:
    For long terms site results i would suggest SEO.

Thanks

fawwad, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  11. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both have there own value, If you want instant result and have good budget then go with PPC or have some time then start SEO it will take some time but get good free organic traffic.. My suggestion is you should start work on both.

Aryans, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  12. Thetony

Thetony Member

Best Answers:
    Like @Aryans said, both is the best approach.
    SEO is a must for any website. No matter it's an e-commerce, simple company site, blog etc because people will use search engines to find what they are looking for many years to come.
    Paid is good to test different marketing strategies and marketing messages. It gives answers to your questions right away and you might be able to find something that you can implement on your site to further improve conversion.

Thetony, Aug 12, 2015 IP