1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take to be indexed in DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by InHouseWebSolutions, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe his sites get listed quickly. Sites getting listed fast is not unheard of ya know (even you just said "a few days") and good sites in the correct niches make it in without even being submitted! You are an editor and don't use the unreviewed queue to find most of your sites, you have to find them someplace right? I bet a lot of the sites you find and list in the ODP have never been submitted.

So, erm, what rubbish was he talking?

Oh yeah, that's right, you are just here to make personal attacks and to not actually further any discussions. Forgot about that, carry on troll!

Qryztufre, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  2. raesgar

raesgar Peon

Best Answers:
    I was waiting around 2 years before inclusion....so you can imagine. The site is https://www.wishingwell.es and is totally normal...

raesgar, Jun 20, 2015 IP
  3. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do not see any evidence that your site is listed in DMOZ. I cant see it in there.

snooks, Jun 20, 2015 IP
    Mia likes this.
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I honestly do not believe that DMOZ is being actively updated any longer.

Mia, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  5. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Believe what you wish to believe but i can guarantee you that thousands upon thousands of sites are added / edited per month. The problem is that because your site isnt one of them, you make the claims as quoted. Imagine how many sites are on the net? How many MILLIONS? Well it does take a bit of time to get around to them all, even if they are listable.

snooks, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I have 18 web sites listed in DMOZ. 1 dating back to it's inception. I assure, it's not actively updated like it used to be ;-)

Mia, Jun 26, 2015 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    BTW, this made for Adsense website has moved: http://www.dmoz.org/Arts/Performing_Arts/Dance/Magazines_and_E-zines/

http://www.ballet-dance.com/

"critical dance - An inclusive site for dancers and dance fans dedicated to all types of performance dance, but especially ballet and modern. Features a moderated discussion forum, news, interviews and reviews."

The lack of proper case in listing title's is concerning.

Not quite sure what is going on here, but it looks like this listing is in the wrong language location:
    http://www.dansblad.nl/

I'm sure with "millions" of web sites, it's rather difficult to keep up with all of this, what with over 90k editors and all feverishly working day and night to ensure DMOZ remains relevant.

Mia, Jun 26, 2015 IP
  8. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What makes you think we have 90K Editors? The stats indicate that at one stage or another there has been 90K people that have been Editors with the project, but certainly there has never been even close to that many at any one time.

We dont work "fevourishly". We do editing as a hobby and we volunteer whatever amount of time we wish to volunteer. Every bit helps, but as in all volunteer organisations, we could use more help.

Lastly, Thank you for bringing up those site issues Mia :) Im assuming that you spent the extra 3-4 seconds and flagged them as an issue when you saw them? The lack of capitals is because the site is not named using capitals, it's named using lower case and as such, that is how it is titled. I must admit that the site is pretty low quality, it has probably evolved since it was first listed and is now mainly ads. It also has a redirect and needs a full review for listability.

We greatly appreciate when the web surfers flag problem sites for us. :)

snooks, Jul 3, 2015 IP