1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to create Website Template in Photoshop..??

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by j.1819, Jun 15, 2015.

1. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The examples you posted "can you build this without photoshop" - well, yes - but one would of course need to make background images for the more specific graphic elements - neither of those designs are bound to be failing in the responsive design bit either - it just involves more images to keep a consistent look when the screensize changes. There's no need to do fixed-metric designs anymore - absolutely none. The problem is that clients pose idiotic demands like "look the same across the board, all browsers, all screens" and similar stupidness - that's when you, as a webdesigner, take them behind the shed and shoot them. Seriously. The customer is almost never right.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  2. RezzRaygun

RezzRaygun Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I was doing it wrong. I'm sure that's before I even went to college, I was a teen and it was all self learning by doing, which to be fair is the best way I learn. I was using frames and putting sites on Geocities and using another known site, which i've forgot the name of, to plug in guestbooks and hit counters. I'm sure it was all absolutely horrendous! lol

RezzRaygun, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I would prefer to educate them than to put them down like Old Yeller; the ones I'd put down are the "designers" who refuse to learn about accessibility, bandwidth restrictions, and blindly go "yup yup yup" instead of actually trying to help the client not have a failure of a website that just pisses off visitors.

Pissing visitors off by being inaccessible. Pissing visitors off by taking longer to load that sites did twenty years ago on dialup thanks entirely to fat bloated graphical BS and scripttardery... pissing visitors off by making them go "where the **** is the content?"

Again, it doesn't matter how pretty it is; if it's an inaccessible mess that pisses off visitors and gets you slapped down by search, what the blazes good is it?

Hence why most of the big success stories of the Internet are VERY plain in appearance and most likely did NOT have someone spanking it on a tablet in Photoshop involved in layout creation. The only places DUMB enough for that are artsy sites promoting said "designs", small businesses duped by one of these artsy fartsy scams in their ignorance, or "brick and mortars" for whom a web presence is an afterthought.

Also why I often hold up Craigslist as the pinnacle of GOOD web design; well that and I know for a fact it makes most "designers" cringe in horror.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    deathshadow, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  4. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Oh, and just to furhter clarify what I mean by "not viable for web deployment" and/or "has no damned business on a website" -- let's use one of those "awesome" PSD designs, the one for the kiddie park.

http://www.cutcodedown.com/for_others/responsive/Broken/broken.jpg

Setting aside the lack of proper colour contrasts (there's math for that -- oes noez, nots mats!) and absurdly useless ignorant halfwit 11px font size...

Look at the special offers box -- They added content taller than the box and what happened? It blew out of the container. Fixed height fixed width image. HOW would you make that dynamically grow in height to fit more text? do the same inaccessible retard trash as below that by adding a scrollbar?

Look at the opposite side where the (ridiculously spaced) paragraphs end up overlapping the text that for some dipshit jacktard reason is built into the image! Again, fixed layout concept that have NO blasted business on a website in the first place.

If this is your idea of good design, you don't know what good design is. It's graphically very pretty -- it is also BEGGING for broken layouts and inaccessible design; to the point that whoever made that needs to STOP making websites.

... and that's BEFORE we even talk the asshattery that is the opening times and admission prices being in the image. Must be fun having to edit the image every time there's a change to hours or pricings.
    http://www.junglekidsleeds.co.uk/sg_home_media/panel2.png

That's NOT good design! It's ignorant halfwit BS sleazed togehter by some artist who doesn't know enough about HTML, CSS, accessibility norms, emissive colourspace, document structure, or any other blasted thing to be designing jack ****!

Every "artsy" design @bussw83 reeks of these sorts of issues; they aren't usable accessible functional websites, NO MATTER how pretty they are!

Stuff for search to see? Graceful degradation for non-screen or even non-image targets? I bet the dipshits making these sites don't even know what that MEANS!

5. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Certainly better than college -- Christmas on a cracker the nonsense they pack these kids heads full of there; there's a reason many people in the industry consider a college degree in IT to be worth less than a sheet of bog roll.

We all start somewhere, my own first site was put together using Nyetscape Composer -- pathetic since I'd already been coding software for almost two decades at that point so it's not like I had a legitimate excuse not to dive in and learn HTML and CSS.

The problem is a LOT of people crapping out websites right now never seem to mature past that point. Much of that can be blamed on web-rot tutorials and bad practices being spread around like the common cold, but there's also this trend of willful ignorance and "wah, wah, I don't wanna learn" by certain so called "experienced" developers.

HTML 5 being a poster child for said ignorance, what with it being the bleeding edge of 1997 development practices and recreating everything that was wrong with HTML 3.2 that 4 STRICT was trying to get rid of.

6. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Lol oh crap you got passionate again lol, see? this is the nonesense I am talking about you, assuming things, why on earth you still thinking that the results would be a static page when I showed that it can be accesible and responsive? Psd design is not like that anymore it has evolved just like css and html. If you know what you are doing you can do great things.

And about the "scammers and so called designers" well many of them don't use psd and create pages that wont display properly, or they say they are versed in php but create pages that crashed or loose data, or create plugins and themes that would ruin your website etc. It would idiotic to say that because of that css, programming, and php should not be applied to web design.

I can point out many pages made without psd that had a lot of errors and that doesnt take accesibility into account and with all the mistakes you are referring to.

I have even seen web designers pages that are not user friendly and not responsive.

Just because you don't have the knowledge and skills to do it doesn't mean is not possible.

Senior designers, and important companies use psd designs for the reasons I stated before.

If you know what you are doing you can create great stuff not possible only with html while you save time and resources.

PSD templates still being applied successfully, with great results.

:)

bussw83, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  7. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Lol more ranting, well I can show you broken pages made without psds, so your point is useless, I have seen those mistakes and worse in regular pages too, and you can avoid them if you know what you are doing, as I said before the use of photoshop in web design has evolved. Just because you are not capable to do it, doesn't mean is not possible :)

bussw83, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  8. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, that is what I was talking about, when you code a psd is not to get a page made with only images, You slice it and combine it with css to make it fluid and responsive, you can decide the images behavoir with css acording to each resolution.

No everybody wants or need a typical website. You need to have good skills and be very creative to make it work.

My point here is that there are several ways to create a website depending on your customers needs.

bussw83, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  9. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    That's where we differ -- I've NEVER seen one that DIDN'T have those failings because the methodology is broken. Care to share one that isn't an igorant accessibility train wreck because in my experience they DON'T EXIST! You haven't linked to one yet.

As I've NEVER seen a site where the PSD was the "design" step that wasn't a mess, I have a hard time believing that it's even possible. I flat out have NEVER seen it done.

PROVE ME WRONG, I'd love to see one.

10. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    You know guys the problem here is that you are stucked in those days when web pages were functional but not creative and then graphic designers came and create beautiful pages that were not very effective because they didnt know mucho about layouts, accesibility etc. But that was many years ago it is not like that anymore.

Psd templates has evolved if you know coding and you are very creative you can do wonderful and efficient pages.

Now you can create and a psd in minutes and tweak it until your customer is happy without wasting time. Once the design is aproved you code it quickly

bussw83, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  11. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Well I have and I also make them every day, you can google it you will find many.

Just type responsive psd templates.

That is why many continue using them and the demand for them still strong :)

bussw83, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  12. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could you give me some links to those video tutorials?

richardm55, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  13. Phil S

Phil S Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest with you I've been urging to be a part of this thread since it was first started, though I had nothing of value to add to it, apart from stating how funny you are at times, @bussw83. I really like when that little red box pops up and informs me someone posted something stupid, just so I can break a laugh or two. That really hasn't changed much since, I got nothing smart or constructive to say. I'd just really like to finally see a website 'where the PSD was the "design" step that wasn't a mess', to quote @deathshadow.

At first I was surprised to he didn't leave you with ten or so a-holes gaping (pardon my French), when it suddenly came flashing to me. His avatar clearly states "I dig crazy chicks". Who would've thought he was such a sentimental person deep inside...

Please ignore this post, if possible. There's nothing interesting here, just wanted to subscribe to this gnarly discussion.

Phil S, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  14. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi sure,

This two are great for beginners

And this one is from udemy wonderful tutorial is not free but with promo code I just paid like $20

https://www.udemy.com/learn-how-to-make-money-with-photoshop/#/

Those two are awesome but there are many more tutorials in Youtube and Udemy

I will make a post.

bussw83, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  15. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:

Lol really? I guess that you have a great time reading your own nonesense and bull then. And about my user name: Buss=business, im not surprised you see something sexual with it, when your user name "just fishing" screams: I am dirty stuckup sadistic shit eating cock sucking butt fucking penis smelling crotch grabbing ball licking semen drinking dog raping nazi loving child touching, mindless dickless testicle choking urine gargling jerk offing horse faced sheep fondling toilet kissing self centered feces puking dildo shoving snot spitting crap gathering big nosed monkey slapping bastard screwing bean shitting fart knocking sap busting splooge tasting bear blowing head cum duster swallowing thirsty looose a$$ bitch.

So now that you see I was not wrong you got back to your trolling ways???

Lol I was trying to be civilized since this is not my thread, don't start with your crap you know I will humble you ;)

bussw83, Jun 19, 2015 IP
    RezzRaygun likes this.
  16. Phil S

Phil S Member

Best Answers:
    Oh you'd be surprised.

...or it might just mean I enjoy an occasional fishing session every now and then.

You like "buss", I like bass (/ˈbæs/), we might as well have a thing or two in common. And by the way, I don't think I made any sexual allusion in that post above (intentionally). Also, I suggest you look up for the word buss in a dictionary.

Oh my, was that really necessary? I'm a bit scared now...

You haven't even provided an example to prove your point. I don't think you're wrong, you're right in your own world. It's called delusion.
    "Humble" me all you want. I won't mind.

Phil S, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  17. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    If that was your idea of humbling, you need to read Dead Poets Society. (the movie waters it down and drags on aimlessly)
    Or as General George S. Patton Jr. put it:
    Your giant string of profanities lacking the style and elegance of a proper trouncing, and easily dismissed. Of course, if you can convey the same message without ACTUAL profanities yet still get the same reaction as if you had used a string of four letter words, then you are truly on to something special. It's akin to the propaganda art of name calling; using words that don't immediately sound like name calling "dreamer, unreal, idealist". Sadly I've always had difficulty mastering that one; particularly when confronted with card stacking, glittering generalities, and willful ignorance masquerading as "plain folks"

Sadly, verbal jousting has become a lost art apart from the occasional movie script; real life has become devoid of such entertainments as the thin skinned namby pamby metrosexuals waste their time worrying about anyone possibly getting "offended". What little does occur is more the use of insults WITHOUT actual meaning or supporting arguments -- sadly this means that the occasional insult can make people assume that's all a statement is ignoring what it is actually saying. Aka the difference between a simple "You're an idiot" and the proper "I think you're an idiot, and this is WHY I think you're an idiot!" - one is a easily dismissed barb, the other one is stabbing the knife between the ribs and twisting.

Potential Buyer: "Oh you've really rehearsed your banter!"
    Seller: "No this is something different; spontaneous. It's called wit."

George Bernard Shaw: "Here are two tickets to the opening night of my play, bring a friend -- if you have one."
    Winston Churchil: "Cannot make first night, but will attend second -- if you have one."

Oscar Wilde: "Oh, I wish I had said that."
    James McNeill Whistler: "You will, Oscar, you will."

Despite the rather vocal voicing on both sides, conflicts of opinion like this is how we all learn and get better at doing things; the people who only take offense and nothing else from it are pretty much doomed to ignorance regardless of how it's said.

... Still, as @Phil S reiterated, would LOVE to see a "professionally" built page built from a PSD that isn't an accessibility disaster. NEVER seen one.

Phil S likes this.
  18. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    lol I am def not surprised...whatever works for you...Thanks I would suggest you an intervention for those things only you see...don't be is just a forum...of course you don't the examples reading before ranting is not one of your assets neither do google things... thanks for what you are calling knowledge... is actually called nonesense :)

bussw83, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  19. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Lol Well that is the only way you seem to understand, don't try to act like you are educated all your rants are saved here, if you would love to see it so much then just google just like you do with your copy paste replies :)

bussw83, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  20. Phil S

Phil S Member

Best Answers:
    If I asked you to make some sense, would it be too much to ask?

Phil S, Jun 19, 2015 IP
    deathshadow likes this.