1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hi what do you think about my website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by bussw83, Jun 13, 2015.

This is my page:

Please be brutally honest. Not meaning using my post as an excuse to be dicks or trolls, I just would like corrections to make it better :)

***Update*** I will go ahead and apply all your tips, I will be back as soon as I finished for another review.

Thanks to all that helped me with a good advice

:cool:

Solved! View solution.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    bussw83, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Brutally honest..ok you asked for it:
    It took nearly 20 seconds to load for me, your fake testimonials using stock images and fake names are complete bull, your use of uppercase letters in the middle of sentences and the poor overall grammar make you look completely amateur, the horizontal scrollbar on my 1366 X 768 laptop is annoying, mated to the fact you are using turdpress for such a simple website is completely ludicrous.
    I certainly wouldn't use your services based on what I've seen.

malky66, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  3. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    oh lol the testimonials are not fake I just added images because someone told me it is better. I think wordpress is a good bet for this page.

I will make the corrections then thanks :)

bussw83, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  4. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    What do you think about the video? :)

bussw83, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  5. Phil S

Phil S Member

Best Answers:
    Ouch. Can you please back away from the keyboard?

That "thing" you call a website delivers less than 5kb of plaintext and eats as much as 11 (ELEVEN) megabytes and almost 150 requests. No surprise, given that it combines the WORST from all worlds -- bootstrap, wordpess, jquery.... If you really don't even have a slight clue about what can be wrong with your website, do yourself a favor and leave the industry. By all means (you asked for it :p).

Phil S, Jun 13, 2015 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  6. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that thing you call an opinion, useless but thanks anyway.... :)

bussw83, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  7. Phil S

Phil S Member

Best Answers:
    Oh you're very welcome.Though I highly doubt it's as useless as your website in its current state, unfortunately.

Phil S, Jun 13, 2015 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  8. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn't be bothered to wait for the site to load again, so I didn't watch it.

malky66, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  9. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Lol that can be fixed, but there is no way your worthless rant could be useful.

But any way thanks for participating :cool:

bussw83, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  10. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks I ll ask someone else then :)

bussw83, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  11. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously, if you didn't want brutal honesty, you shouldn't have asked for it, did you want us all to lie to you and say it was great?
    It's a simple one page website, why on earth bloat it with turdpress, It's the sort of site that could be built in about an hour with one page using HTML.

malky66, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  12. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Lol one thing is brutal honesty and other being a troll, and I was not referring to you anyway your comment helped me a lot. My website has more than 20 pages.

I am using wordpress because I am thinking about adding an affiliate program and other things that would take much time to handle in a regular html page, I liked this theme but now I see that all that js is a problem. You can be brutally honest with a good delivery. :)

bussw83, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  13. Phil S

Phil S Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. The OP sounds so much like a teenage girl here, asking you to be completely honest but getting mad when you talk about her imperfections. That and beginning every post with "LOL".
    Crystal bae I swear to G-O-D you're totes hilarious HAHAHA XD XD XD

It's a bit too much, isn't it? May be just a tad over the line with that stripper name. Sadly it's not that far from the truth.

Do you want to hear the truth or not?
    We might be overreacting sometimes, I'm not denying it. Just the other day a new member filed a request for account removal (which was allegedly denied), just because they couldn't bear the truth.

It might sound bizarre to you, but if a member actually takes time to give you an honest answer, the chances are he's genuinely willing to help. We could have lied to you, but we didn't. We aren't that evil after all.

Phil S, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  14. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:

Lol I am cool but I can tell the difference between a honest response meant to help from trolling, I already thank you for your rant even though it was not helpful.

Most people with the need to bully someone in the name of the truth tend to be teens or very immature beings. But getting that should be too much for someone with that thirsty *ss hoe name.

If you need to troll and get personal to be "honest" with someone that needs help then you could have saved the time you took to reply.

:)

bussw83, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  15. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    lol Seriously using my post as an excuse to vent your... and then say you are helping me is really sad, well whatever thanks again, I hope you can find someone else to "help" and move on... :)

bussw83, Jun 13, 2015 IP
    It does feel a bit amateurish. Rather than the overall thing, it's more in the detail. I think the reason why the harshness on this is because this is exactly what you are selling, a landing page, assuming this is your business and not for a client.

I find the site a bit overkill for what it actually is, a one page site, and I feel it should be light weight and snappy yet it's very heavy.

I can't understand why you are using Wordpress for this. It is beyond unnecessary.

I don't like bootstrap either, I just can't see the point of using it. It's a whole lot of stuff to load up wether the site needs it or not, and on top of that you are adding javascript plugins for things that are in bootstrap. I can't see why your using bootstrap at all to be honest.

Jquery is fine, but you need to pick and choose what is necessary to enhance the user experience / engagement and weigh that with the cost in load time.

The concept here is fine, but I think you have to go back and consider what you are doing and streamline what you are doing within a scope.

RezzRaygun, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  17. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:

Hi thank you so much for your reply, I am a begginer that's why I am looking for help lol :-p

The reason why I am using wordpress is because I am planning to add an affiliate program among other things that would be too complicated to handle with a simple html page.

:( I see what you mean about bootstrap and how heavy the page is I ping it online and it took 30 seconds to load.

I think I can at least do this homepage with just html and leave the other process and pages in wordpress. If it doesn't work I will create a html version of the website.

Thanks again probably less would be more here, I will apply your corrections for sure :)

bussw83, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  18. RezzRaygun

RezzRaygun Member

Best Answers:
    Bootstrap basically is a combined set of tools for website development, but which doesn't particularly offer anything unique. I guess the usefulness of bootstrap is to be able to create a site quickly without worrying with the parts, but the compromise is a lot of unused code which is downloaded regardless when someone views the site.

Just look through the bootstrap css, how much of that code are you actually using? The sliders, lightbox, etc

It looks like your using it for the column / responsive structure? So if you remove bootstrap you will need to replace it with your own grid styles.

I have a fluid grid layout based on percentages that i've evolved myself and use it for the skeleton of a site, removing any unneeded columns. Its very lightweight and flexible and forms the basic structure of my sites.

With javascript, I do like to use Jquery for some functionality and visual / UI but these days, anything I can achieve in CSS, I will.

With using Wordpress so you can add plugins for functionality, I understand, but you may want to consider / research other, more efficient, ways of implementing the functionality. It's still a big compromise if you have no real use for Wordpress's functionality but everything is being processed through it and also other things limited by it.

Anyway, just some more thoughts. Good luck with it all, and take the positive out of all the feedback you get. The best way to learn is by doing and you've obviously put a lot of hard work into it and thought about it. You have to know your limits of course, which I feel you understand and are making the best of, but also know to expand them too.

RezzRaygun, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  19. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much you are awesome ;)

bussw83, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  20. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi. I dont like the music in the video. I think the narrator needs to be heard without any music. Maybe some sound effects would be better?

Also, the prices are too high, you need a lower price for the budget plan. Also, you should give away some free trials on DP so you can get some real reviews to put up.

Also, you claim studies proove bla bla bla... you should link to those studies or show proof.

Also, something wonky going on when I try to scroll the page. It is almost impossible to get the video to line up in my window, the page seems to just fly when i hit my mouse wheel.

I don't like the green color at the top, but thats just a personal preference because of a free script I used to have on my site.

I guess your design is doing okay, you seem to have all the info everyone needs. - maybe make that green strip at the top about half the height that it is right now.

Why didn't you put your post in the website reviews section on DP?

Karen May Jones, Jun 13, 2015 IP