1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Page Rank (PR) important or not?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Cariba Nash, Jun 11, 2015.

Hello Friends,

Almost two years ago google has updated Page ranks for website,( Last Google PageRank (PR) Update in the year December 2013 ).

Can Google consider high pr backlinks for website ranking in serp?

Anyone knows, what are the role of PR of now days is considerable or not?

Share your valuable feedback.

Cariba Nash, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  2. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really important. although I do buy high PR sites for backlinks still and they seem to give good juice from my various test. For ranking and actual site with PR though it's not important.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    Franklin Hatchett, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  3. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well its playing big role in past but now I don't think so, yes I'm agree with that we should create good back links but method is slightly change now you have to more focus on good quality content base site, related niche and natural back links

Aryans, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  4. Siservices

Siservices Active Member

Best Answers:
    This technique is now old fashioned and despite the fact that it was considered one of the result oriented factors sometime back. But for now there are other factors for which you can rank. Namely, quality content, local searches and business listings. etc.

Siservices, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  5. weakpa2

weakpa2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    PR now is nothing but only a number. You should focus now on domain and page authority instead.

weakpa2, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  6. shakiba.proba

shakiba.proba Active Member

Best Answers:
    If Google not updating PR there would not be changes in SERP too i guess, but positioning websites on Google search is still happening.
    Google only stopped to update public view of PR and it's API system so we don't know our PR's any more, but thet still ranking every single page ;)

shakiba.proba, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  7. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone in the field already know that.

Yes, But it is not that easy to obtain those important links and it must be related.

Page ranking shows how reputable the website is but as of now Google is not interested to update it.

KylieSweet, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  8. Jufcy8200

Jufcy8200 Banned

Best Answers:
    First you must know that PR is a logarithmic calculation of various factors that point toward your site, showing its reliability and relevance. The difference between a PR 4 and a PR 5 is five to ten times more than the difference between a PR 2 and PR 3. You are likely to find 100 times more pages with a PR 2 than with a PR 4 on the web. If your home page has a PR 6 you are among the top 0.1% of websites, which is a great achievement.

Jufcy8200, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  9. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    PageRank is normally updated a few times per year. However, the last update was well over a year ago, on December 6, 2013. This gives a strong indication that updates have stopped.

karen9999, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  10. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why? Google uses PR in its ranking algorithm. NO search engine uses DA and PA in their ranking algorithm.
    Nope. Google still updates PR every day and factors that into the ranking algorithm every day, just like they have since 2005. All they do not do now is export a useless historical snapshot of that internal PR to the toolbar to entertain the gullible.

Agent000, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  11. Kushal Shah

Kushal Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Kushal Shah, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  12. GinGin

GinGin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PR is important only for seo

GinGin, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  13. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is NOT important as it was... But who knows if they are not going to update it again soon! LoL :D

patco, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  14. Viviian

Viviian Peon

Best Answers:
    I think PR is important to a website, but there many other factors important such as Rank,

Viviian, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  15. fir3143

fir3143 Banned

Best Answers:
    I really dont care about PR because having a good and high quality content is the most important now. Having a returning visitors or readers is the first priority. Having a high PR site now is not really important. Hope this make sense.

fir3143, Jul 10, 2015 IP
  16. jokerccvv

jokerccvv Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes its Considerable in serp , But not so important , I mean pr is not the main player , high quality content is the one

jokerccvv, Jul 10, 2015 IP
  17. jokestyle123

jokestyle123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think page rank is still a very important metric, especially when analyzing aged domains that have picked up their PR a long time ago.

the key with metrics is to look at all of them and not get hung up on one single thing like DA, PA, TF, PR....

look at all of the metrics AND the actual backlinks of the domain to analyze the overall strength. It's just silly to try and use the same metric for all domains.

no metric is universally accurate.

jokestyle123, Jul 10, 2015 IP
  18. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    Its more of a number with academic interest these days. Few years back, PR 8-10 pages were considered gold and getting backlinks from such domains was in itself a huge thing for webmasters.

Andy-Jones, Jul 10, 2015 IP
  19. huntstopper

huntstopper Peon

Best Answers:
    I still value page ranks important even though some says it is just a number nowadays. I find it really good if a website have a high PR rank because it shows how its been doing for the past years it is online.

huntstopper, Jul 11, 2015 IP
  20. dakshinfo2

dakshinfo2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PR is not really important because last two year ago google are not updating page rank . If DA and PA is good than PR is not important for website .

dakshinfo2, Jul 13, 2015 IP