1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I delete my account

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Rockandy79, Jun 5, 2015.

Hi - not happy with the unhelpful hostility in the forums so just want to delete my account.

Cannot find the option for this easily under the profile page so any guidance would be helpful - thank you.

Andy

Rockandy79, Jun 5, 2015 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You can't delete your account, if you're not happy just logout and forget the site ever existed.

malky66, Jun 5, 2015 IP
  3. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Accounts are NEVER deleted on DP. If you don't want to use the forums or your account anymore, simply don't log back in and forget that you EVER had an account here.:)
    BTW, what exactly makes you say there's "unhelpful hostility in the forums"? Just one bad experience shouldn't really deter you from posting here and participating on the world's largest webmaster forum. This is a really nice place and old members and mods here are very helpful. Hang around for sometime and you'll know.:)

Good luck.

Content Maestro, Jun 5, 2015 IP
  4. Rockandy79

Rockandy79 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    OK thank you for your quick response

5. Rockandy79

Rockandy79 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry I don't wish to tarnish everyone with the same brush. One bad experience is enough I am grown adult and don't expect to be spoken in a certain way when I have tried to be polite.

6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I assume you're referring to @deathshadow 's response in your thread, you shouldn't take his responses personally, he speaks his mind and may come across as rude and certainly doesn't mix his metaphors, that's just his way but he does know what he's talking about and has helped a lot of people here, I've personally learnt a lot from him and have massive respect for him.

malky66, Jun 5, 2015 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  7. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just as you've come across people who're not replying as you expected, despite you being polite with them, you'll also come across some nice people who're really helpful and polite.
    It's all really in the way you see or take things. Just ignore or forget what has offended or hurt you and you'll not feel bad about it.:)

EDIT:
    I've gone through the thread where you said:
    Personally, I don't really think there's anything that should make you feel bad. Don't focus on the way things have been said. Rather, pay attention to what has been said. Just because someone contradicts or criticizes or rebuts your views or points DOESN'T mean they intend any hostility. It's just the way some people say things.
    On the other hand, you can benefit a lot out of the replies your thread has got if you take them positively.

Good luck.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    Content Maestro, Jun 5, 2015 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Wow if that rant is what has made you want to delete your account, you need to get a thicker skin.

dcristo, Jun 5, 2015 IP
  9. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Look, I'm sorry if you found it offensive, but what you were asking was SO flawed and what you were doing is so flawed, it's obvious someone's been blowing smoke up your backside and as such you are in need of a bit of correction. I did so in an adult manner, but it seems that's not what you want so perhaps you would be happier someplace where nobody dares take the time to teach you how to do a blasted thing because "Oh noez, you mights upsetz sumbodies"

False smiles, platitudes, patting you on the back while firing silver bullet fixes at things is the equivalent of slapping the rose coloured glasses on your head and leading you down the garden path to failure. You need Gordon Ramsey, not Tony Robbins.

I'm willing to take the time to give you a rewrite, show you how to do it properly in a far more accessible manner, and if you INSIST on that scripttard font resize and theme changer how to do so in a manner that gracefully degrades and would likely be significantly less code. In fact I was about to do exactly such a rewrite before I saw your "wah, wah" crybaby response.

Though if ONE encounter on a forums with someone saying things you apparently don't want to hear in a frank manner is enough to send you running for the hills, are you sure the Internet is someplace you want to even be? Seriously, how have you been online more than a day without having had said reaction someplace?

Much less I've never known a properly run forums that deletes accounts... EVER. Is it so hard to just stop coming here that you need the account gone?!?

-- edit -- BTW you mentioned DSA in your other thread, can I assume you mean Disability Student Allowance? If so you need to meet at LEAST WCAG 2.0 AA to be approved, which NEITHER site you presented even comes close to -- the older disaster of a site in fact being frameset built should have been rejected instantly.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    deathshadow, Jun 5, 2015 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.