1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wich keyword is better?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by mrlevan, Jan 5, 2015.

Wich keyword is better?
    Avg. monthly searches:110 000
    Suggested bid:2.70$
    Competition:low (31%)

[​IMG]

Avg. monthly searches:450 000
    Suggested bid:0.93$
    Competition:low (0.11)

esaaa.jpg
    please answer......

mrlevan, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  2. Daniel.Thomas

Daniel.Thomas Member

Best Answers:
    well, no. 2 obviously. More serches, less competition, lower bid... -> for generating traffic at lease.
    As for conversions you really need to test them both. Probably 1 is better since the competition is higher

Good luck!

Daniel.Thomas, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  3. Jigney

Jigney Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    You should start with both the keywords. Run your campaign with both the keywords for 10 – 15 days and keep on tracking conversions with both the keywords. Through which keyword you are getting higher conversions you can continue with that keyword.

Jigney, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  4. julyhost

julyhost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No. 2 is better, in terms of lesser competition. But, you can try both of them and see what keyword works best for you.

julyhost, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  5. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't matter and would need more info to determine. This is the issue I see with new people trying to rank sites. They think they only need to target one/two keywords. What they really need to be targeting is hundreds of keywords.
    So my answer is to target both of these keywords plus others. Remember not all keywords are for/linked to your homepage. Target keywords for each piece of content you publish and to it's url. Create hundreds of pages of content/keywords/links=Authority site.

kjh-08, Mar 22, 2015 IP
  6. bilby

bilby Peon

Best Answers:
    How did you get these tables? Which tool do you use to research keywords?

bilby, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  7. LinnieMoneyMaker

LinnieMoneyMaker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both keywords are effective. I think, you should start with both keywords for your site.

LinnieMoneyMaker, May 27, 2015 IP
  8. MarkFiore_HMD

MarkFiore_HMD Peon

Best Answers:

Nailed it right on the head. There is no way from the information you gave us. All that is important is that the keyword is relevant to what you're promoting. I have campaigns that have several hundred thousand targeted keywords. Some perform better than others but the vast majority produce a positive ROI for my client and that is what is more important than anything.

MarkFiore_HMD, May 29, 2015 IP
  9. cerno

cerno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems most of the comments miss the point of the question, should he pay almost triple per click on keyword #1 rather than #2. Until he does a little testing of both keywords he won't know for sure if the price of #1 is justified by sales conversions that are three times as good. Assuming that the traffic is not 3x more likely to purchase from him he should not spend anything beyond testing on keyword #1 until he maximizes his purchase of #1 traffic to the point that he starts raising the price. A little testing fine, but why reduce your ROI spending on #1 until necessary.

cerno, May 29, 2015 IP
  10. MarkFiore_HMD

MarkFiore_HMD Peon

Best Answers:

Well again it really depends on more than just the cost. If you budget only allows you to target one keyword then keyword #2 is most likely your better choice. However, if both keywords bring a positive ROI and the budget allows you to target both keywords then it is irrelevant if either keyword is more likely to result in a purchase. I'd rather have both a 110% ROI from keyword #1 AND 140% ROI from keyword #2 than just the ROI from keyword #2. That is the problem with testing and optimizing just one keyword at a time, you are constantly losing potential profit from other keywords that have less of a margin but still a positive ROI. You should be testing hundreds, if not thousands of keywords at once.

MarkFiore_HMD, May 30, 2015 IP
  11. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Cant you use more than just the one? I mean, if your low bid isnt accepted every singe time, that doesnt mean that it wont be accepted sometimes when there are no others to fill the spot, right? Like when others' budgets max out or some other reason. You'll still have a shot to show up occasionally. Like advised above. use both/more than one.

Karen May Jones, May 30, 2015 IP
  12. cerno

cerno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't mean to insult you but this is exactly the wrong thinking I was trying to clarify for everyone else. I have a degree in Economics from UC Berkeley and 30 years of business experience and was trying to educate those reading this thread as to basic economic theory that is followed by rational business people. For those of us who wish to maximize the return on their investment in advertising there is only one right strategy. Maximize the investment in the keyword with the highest ROI. Only when the ROI in keyword #2 drops to the level of Keyword #1 would it make economic sense to invest in Keyword #1.

For example, if $1,000 invested into keyword #2 results in $14,000 of sales and $1,000 invested into keyword #1 results in $10,000 of sales, a rational businessman would invest all his advertising budget into keyword #2. At some point, maybe when he has spent $50,000 on keyword #2, he will have driven up the price of keyword #2 and reduced the ROI of keyword #2 to the point where his next $1,000 of investment will only generate $10,000 in sales. At that point keyword #1 and keyword #2 have equal returns and it would be rational to start splitting his investment across both keywords. He would do this to hopefully reduce the rate that his ROI drops as he is now driving up the price of both keywords.

People can do whatever they want, many do not act rationally, but advising them to act irrationally based on a misunderstanding of basic business practices is not helpful.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    cerno, May 30, 2015 IP
  13. MarkFiore_HMD

MarkFiore_HMD Peon

Best Answers:
    Your experience is fine. I myself have managed over 300 paid search campaigns and currently direct a team who have collectively managed thousands.

To your example. If $1,000 invested into keyword #2 results in $14,000 of sales and $1,000 invested into keyword #1 results in $10,000 of sales then of course you want to focus $2,000 on keyword #2. I don't think you need 30 years of experience to realize such an obvious point. The problem with your example is you are assuming you can spend all $2,000 on keyword #2. We don't know the keywords nor the targets thus we can't assume with 100% certainty that your scenario is possible. Without more information we have to assume a more generalized theory which is why I said "if both keywords bring a positive ROI and the budget allows".

Now let me use your example to extrapolate my point. I'm going to assume each keyword has a max spend amount of $1,000 and has the return you proposed. Clearly keyword #2's return is better at $13,000 for your $1,000 investment than keyword #1's return at $9,000 for your $1,000 investment. But again in my proposed scenario you are limited to only $1,000 per keyword due to volume restraints. Keyword #2 has the higher ROI so you could continue with a nice return of $13,000 for your $1,000. Or, you could invest $2,000 on both keywords and have a total return of $22,000.

Again, we don't know if my scenario or your scenario is mrlevan's scenario. Without that information we have to assume the general stance I proposed.

14. MarkFiore_HMD

MarkFiore_HMD Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to be clear, of course you do this. But if you aren't targeting other keywords, then once the keyword with the highest ROI is maximized, your income is caped. So if your budget allows, you need to target other keywords that have a lower ROI but are still positive because your net will be higher than if you target just a single keyword.

Karen May Jones likes this.
  15. litheria21

litheria21 Peon

Best Answers:
    you should choose a word with maximum ROI :)

litheria21, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  16. sarveshseair

sarveshseair Banned

Best Answers:
    #2 is best keyowrds

sarveshseair, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  17. webguy84

webguy84 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Based on what you shared, #2 is the best keyword as it has more traffic and it's cheaper. That said, you also need to take into consideration the relevancy of the keyword as it will affect conversion rate, therefore also the profitability of the keyword.

webguy84, Sep 18, 2015 IP
  18. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I wouldn't go off that info... More research is required before deciding what one to rank for.

Franklin Hatchett, Sep 18, 2015 IP
  19. MainVoice

MainVoice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    #2 all day every day! soo much more opportunity for conversion there not to mention the bid is lower as well so you will get a bigger bang for your buck

MainVoice, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  20. Archana Singh

Archana Singh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    #2 Keyword is Better. Start with this keyword and track all the conversion. All the Best Dear.

Archana Singh, Sep 22, 2015 IP