1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does God exist?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by scylla, May 13, 2009.

1. Equatorial

Equatorial Active Member

Best Answers:
    You call that short response "so many words?" LOL!

Anyway, I see you're still being evasive. Let me post the question again for the third time.

While you are it, please also explain the source of your fact - the one you said is not based on a study that you are now trying to use. You have been avoiding these two questions for several posts now. It's like you're scared of addressing them directly.

Equatorial, May 17, 2015 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cutting through the schizophrenia,
    Still waiting.

Obamanation, May 17, 2015 IP
  3. Equatorial

Equatorial Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know. Been waiting for more than half a day. So what is your source?

For the fourth time,
    Are you scared of answering the question?

Equatorial, May 17, 2015 IP
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Still waiting.

Obamanation, May 17, 2015 IP
  5. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. The whole question is contrived.
    You ask for a question using a term, my problem is with the term itself.
    People who say they believe, they aren't even sure what to make of it. People can't picture something they've purposedly (and painstakingly) handpicked to be unimaginable.

SocialSignals, May 20, 2015 IP
  6. Equatorial

Equatorial Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aah, to scared to answer my question, so you're trying to cloud the discussion. Nevermind, I will repeat my question for the fifth time.

It's okay to be a right wing conservative. It's your prerogative. However, it is not okay to lie, fudge facts and make things up as you go along. As long as you keep continuing with this childish behavior, I will embarrass you.

Equatorial, May 27, 2015 IP
  7. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used to be an atheist. Then I went to Hell. And I've been there more than once! And let me tell you, Hell is a real place.

No one can prove or disprove the existence of God. It all comes down to choice whether to believe or not to believe. After all, we all have free will.

But I can tell you from experience that all the horror movies that I seen during my whole life has nothing on what Hell is really like. Those movies are like Disney films compared to Hell. I would love to describe in detail the things I saw but it is way too graphic for this message board.

If there is a hell then there HAS to be a heaven. None of this stuff shouldn't make any sense to the normal human mind but in fact our brain is only aware of 2,000 bits of 400 BILLION bits of information processed EVERY SECOND!

So in that case, all these scientists and philosophers arguing that God is dead doesn't realize that they don't know much. I don't know much myself. But after what I experienced, I got FAITH and I'd rather side on the winning team.

In the end, the devil lost.

Just my two cents...

ceenote100, May 27, 2015 IP
  8. garry420

garry420 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    we believe in god as tool not as almighty..
    we believe in freedom that exists beyond god..
    we donot believe in heaven and hell.
    we believe in life

garry420, Jun 10, 2015 IP
  9. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's a big problem with expressing things which should be by definition imposible to enter into.
    Let alone the fact that it'd be imposible to escape. The thing about hell is about eternal damnation, right?

SocialSignals, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  10. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally understand your point. I used to think that if it wasn't reasonable, if it wasn't logical, then it wouldn't make any sense and I would just shrug it. I used to rely on science but there are many things that happened in my life that science can't and will never explain.

The world we live in and how we perceive it is really a mirage. Like I stated earlier, we as human beings don't know much and everything we "think" we know about the universe could be 99% wrong. I can only speak from what I experienced. I believe that God was trying to tell me something all this time and by His grace, He could have just left me there but He didn't.

ceenote100, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  11. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    The title for this thread should have been Does Christian God Exist? instead of a plain Does God Exist? for they all have been basing their arguments, (and judgements) on the two testaments of Bible all these years since the original post. No one is talking about god here, let alone trying to disprove or prove his existence.

Alevoor, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  12. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, you never. You never went to hell. You've been in a bad place. You have NOT been to hell!

Of course people can prove Gods existence. It's blatantly obvious.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Evolution never accidentally came up with the fact that a man has to impregnate a woman with his sperm in order to create life.

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Mkcoy, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  13. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those are proofs that someone wrote them, not evidence that what was written is correct. Do you have any actual objective evidence that any god has ever objectively existed? If so, post it (or links to it). People saying things isn't evidence. (Haven't you ever heard that eyewitness testimony is the worst form of testimony there is? It's proved in every law school every semester. And these are people training to be observant. Stone age sheep herders weren't. [The Romans may have been in the bronze age - most of the Israelites were still in the stone age when the Bible stories were supposed to have been taking place.])

Rukbat, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  14. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So evolution created male and female and that the male would have to put his seed (sperm) into the woman and the woman would create a baby. Same as all animals even plants.

That fact just evolved did it?

If we "evolved" from monkeys as Charles Darwin suggest, why are there still monkeys around today?

If everything evolved, what was a giraffe before it was a giraffe?

Mkcoy, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  15. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you know that Charles Darwin renounced his theories and became a Christian on his death bed. It's true, look it up if you don't believe me.

Did you know that many of the worlds top scientists end up believing in God?

Many of them start out as atheists but after studying the human cell for many years end up converting.

Who was that guy many years ago who said, if you are walking along a field and you find a pocket watch. You would pick it up, open the face and see it working, you would see all its mechanical parts working and you would know that someone intelligent created it. Obviously a pocket watch cannot just create itself.

The same goes for life. You look at it and you see its been fearfully and wonderfully made. Made with order and complexity. Are we just to assume that all the order and complexity that exists in life, is nothing but a happy accident? I don't buy it personally. :)

Mkcoy, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  16. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best video I have seen in the past weeks:

MQSS, Sep 3, 2015 IP
  17. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh come on! It's created by god, irrespective of someone agreeing to it. But how come a "FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE. MADE WITH ORDER AND COMPLEXITY" be so simplistic as a working watch on earth? Let's have some credible comparisons to take one of the longest running threads forward and give it some weight.

So far, one of the most complex thing man created is space shuttle which had its hare of failures. Flights getting drowned, atomic accidents are all examples of man's inadvertent attempts but failures to be perfect. This is what brings everyone to believe in god towards the end of her/his life.

Alevoor, Sep 12, 2015 IP
  18. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    "Made with order"... Right. Billions of years of evolution adjusted the life to this "order". Actually the Universe is a pretty hostile environment, but an average lifespan of 1 human is a small tiny piece of this order and you can't see the chaos through your eyes. Look at the world through millions of years and you'll see that the order is actually a chaos.

Sooner or later the Sun will explode, asteroid is going to wipe us out, or a super volcano of Yellow Stone will screw us up. Just think about this for a second. At the end it's gonna be science that will save the humanity, not an imaginary being. To think that we have a creator and that it has to be a god from an ancient man-made book is just plain ignorant.

MQSS, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  19. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is definitely the toughest and most sensitive question for every human being on this planet. I am planing to write a new thread for this topic and I like you to see, why I choose to believe in God and how I reflect that in my life. Now...

Let me ask you a few questions than neither the science has the answers:
    1. If we do evolve from apes, why are we can't see them today in the Zoo?
    2. Did Charles Darwin was found the missing link?
    3. Why the modern science still can't find the missing link?

mentat47, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  20. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. But we can see apes in the zoo, not sure what you mean.

2. There are plenty of links and some just weren't found yet. Think about it. The Earth is over 4 billion years old. If you have a dead dog and you bury it in your backyard, there's a chance that no one will dig him up for the next billion years. But think about billions of years for a second. Do you think that all the fossils are well preserved and are there just waiting to be found? Scavengers destroy everything from flesh to bone. Out of 100 found fossils, only 1 of them belongs to land animals.

3. There are more and more "missing links" found as the time goes by, but I doubt all of them will be because fossils are hard to find. Only about 2000 full skeletons of dinosaurs were found so far. And dinosaurs are big animals that had very few natural predators.

MQSS, Oct 16, 2015 IP