1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First ebook draft done. Now I need help launching and selling

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Hudsonkraft, May 20, 2015.

I've finally finished the draft of my book. My plan is to launch it as an ebook at first and then maybe self publish at a later point.

I already have an audience and decent amount of followers +14k on my facebook page and +3500 email.

I need help and advice on how to launch this book. I'm crossing every bridge as I come to it and now I'm so close to this being ready. Is there some sequence that I should not overlook? or something I must not forget to do? I don't even know what platform I'm going with or even price. Should I do pre orders? and what about discounts?

I'm looking for any advice right now from people who have successfully sold ebooks to their followers.

And my blog is Vandogtraveller.com

Hudsonkraft, May 20, 2015 IP
  2. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    giving away review copies and maybe cover image?

TB Ann, May 21, 2015 IP
  3. Hudsonkraft

Hudsonkraft Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah good idea about review copies. You mean to the top people in my niche?

Hudsonkraft, May 21, 2015 IP
  4. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make it a sort of contest. eg. Top 3 comments will get a free ebook or something similar.
    Now, regarding the actual selling, I think you should probably consult forums around Goodreads or something similiar. There you'll probably find a lot more of a fertile ground (and maybe even new followers) in order to sell your book.

If you really trust your piece, than try to work out an apointment with a publishing company in your area. (I understand you don't want extra cost, but if you are really interested in pursuing this career, a hardbook copy launches you in another arena. i.e.
    You aren't just a guy with a pc typing at random.

I hope it all goes well with you.

SocialSignals, May 21, 2015 IP
  5. Hudsonkraft

Hudsonkraft Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. That's a good idea, although I really don't like the words 'free ebook' but yeah I can definitely use this. I just feel like there could be some secret and proven launch sequence that I don't know about.

And yeah I fully believe in this book. It has been a crazy amount of work and I'm so excited to just show it to people. I know it's mad but this is 5 times more word count than my Engineering degree dissertation (which I got top marks for) and over 8 times more illustrations and way way more love and effort put in. Even if this doesn't sell much, I'm fairly satisfied.

The only problem with publishing hard copies is that there are a lot of illustrations. I'm talking about 300. So for now ebook is going to the be best bet and I'll take it from there.

Hudsonkraft, May 21, 2015 IP
  6. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh, I see now.
    Your correct in that images will be a hassle, so ebook it is. But, may I ask, what kind of book would require so many illustrations?
    Nevertheless.
    About picking someone... since you have fans, try not to personalize your choice, hence, state it before the Contest.

A good way to promote yourself, since this is the stage you are at, is to post some banners on fb (covers, posting etc.), than, after a day or two a video on fb with a friend [Preferably an author (so you can write something down) or female] who will speak of the book for you. (You can't do that yourself lol.)

I suggest you ask in a few more places online and alos: Search by mimicking.
    I.e. Try entering into the search bar strategies that you are thinking. Than, go to those pages, and see the common denominator. Should be easy to get the hang of it.
    Best of wishes for you my friend.

SocialSignals, May 21, 2015 IP