1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Godaddy stop supporting customer via email, are they closing down soon?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by vididong.com, May 13, 2015.

Hi,
    I am using Godaddy to manage my domains and hosting, however they stopped supporting customer via email -> why they lower down their support or planning to closing down?

Any comment?

vididong.com, May 13, 2015 IP
  2. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is a mammoth in modern life. They are huge, stinky, unstoppable and dumb. They prefer phone support as it gives "the sense of being cared for" to their clients. Not to mention inability to attach screenshots to phone calls; having to wait for 30 minutes while you are being dialed; having no more than 1 call per a support rep, opposed to 4-5 tickets/chats you can deal at once; having to spell your domain by the letter; verification issues (you can't attach yourr ID's to the call) - and, the last but not the least - customers often shout at customer support with anger.

When somebody curses you in text it is harsh but not too impressive - but when they shout at you on the phone - it is very damaging and frustrating.

Godaddy ticket support was lame and people sometimes had to wait for days for a reply, but instead of improving it - Godaddy dropped it for good.

What is the correct choice? get the hell out of there while you still can. There are tons of worthy domain registrars (Namecheap.com, Internet.bs, etc.) and there are tons of reliable hosting providers (including Marketplace here on this forum). Why using Godaddy at all? Drop it.

H0stZealot, May 13, 2015 IP
  3. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    GoDaddy hosting makes my brain hurt. They can't even host their own site the panel takes for ever to load for me. I did not know they had support at all (j/k) but to be fair to them I never needed support.

As for closing down soon, I do not think this will ever happen. I have no idea how they have so much domains or retain so many customers but they must be doing something right to have 50+ million domains regged with them.

Domain Lead Finder, May 13, 2015 IP
  4. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    The answer to 50+ million customers is a big fat chunk of money paid to Google each month to remain the #1 position in SERPs for "domain" and other connected keywords. And word of mouth from existing customers, who "luckily did not need their customer support ever but are happy with Godaddy as a provider"

Quality of a provider is measured upon how fast/good they treat inevitable issues. And Godaddy really loses with that.

H0stZealot, May 13, 2015 IP
  5. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is happening with Godaddy is the obvious consequence of having a new owner. Godaddy was a Bob Parson's initiative that grew up insanely and then was sold a few years ago.

New owners kept Bob's style for sometime, but they are actually moving on to their own settings, changing things as they used to be. Support might exist, but no in the way you knew it.

It's now about browsing the whole site and get familiar with all of its features but, who has the time? Godaddy was never user-friendly and now seems to be even worst. I was there recently and simply got lost!

Mystique, May 13, 2015 IP
  6. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's no way they are closing down ;) There are so many other reliable hosting providers out there and for your domain registrations look out for domain transfer coupons from Namecheap.com or Name.com. If you're unhappy it's not that hard to move. Best of luck!

micksss, May 13, 2015 IP
  7. gabe1239

gabe1239 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try the chat support, I have had many confusions about domaining I'm barely 2 months into the business, but contacted them at least 14 times through the chat support (I only used that so far) and it has been great! At least so far, it takes at most like 10 minutes and I always get the answer or a clarification.

gabe1239, May 15, 2015 IP
  8. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    hopefully you will never have to send them a screenshot

H0stZealot, May 15, 2015 IP
  9. Colby-GoDaddy

Colby-GoDaddy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nope! We are not going anywhere :) We do offer phone support and live chat support as well. IF you're a member of our GoDaddy Pro program we also offer email support for hosting issues there.

For others I hope you give us another look, our UX and UI have been improving the past couple years, along with major product improvements too. Our Managed WordPress hosting and cPanel hosting offers have had great reviews lately. Check it all out!

Colby-GoDaddy, May 19, 2015 IP
  10. smellocity

smellocity Active Member

Best Answers:
    you shouldnt need support! Check out this godaddy how to guide if you are trying to use their services.

smellocity, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  11. da vid hong

da vid hong Banned

Best Answers:
    now, goddady have trouble

da vid hong, Dec 2, 2016 IP
  12. appsmart

appsmart Member

Best Answers:
    What is happening with Godaddy is the obvious consequence of having a new owner. Godaddy was a Bob Parson's initiative that grew up insanely and then was sold a few years ago.

appsmart, Dec 3, 2016 IP
  13. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Support with email takes a few days for reply and most of the time resolution is provided within 1-2 email/message exchanges. However there are other better domain registrars than godaddy and I never thought of buying a hosting with them due to their layout of website.

degreubiwa, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  14. Manoj_Online

Manoj_Online Active Member

Best Answers:
    Chat support is available. I used the service two days back too.

Manoj_Online, Dec 17, 2016 IP
  15. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's take days to resolve an issue via email. Specially its crucial to do refund requests as soon as possible. I think that's why they gave up email support. Try their chat support and it takes only few minutes to resolve the issues. Only issue is chat support is not 24/7 service.

dumindushalika, Dec 20, 2016 IP