1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free domain & hosting?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by lilsimon04, Apr 9, 2015.

Is there any other websites out there that have absolutely 100% free domain name and hosting for a year for free? The only one I have came across is one.com does anyone know of any others?

lilsimon04, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  2. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not that I know of but I am curious.. What do you use it for? Normal domains and hosting are so cheap now days.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  3. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    With anything free you'd have to wonder how good the service will be. Is the possibility of your site being down frequently and/or having slow loading speeds OK? I'm not saying it's a given that you will experience poor service, it's just something to think about. Google the names of companies you find that are offering a free domain and hosting for 1 year plus the word review. For example using the host you mentioned in your opening post, one.com review, and see if other people who have tried out the free package thought it was good. Best of luck!

micksss, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  4. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I will strongly recommend to do not use free hosting. Please read reviews before you sign up. There are terrible stories about.

Yes there are also free domains (.tk).

Good luck choosing your host.

Zoti Media Group, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  5. Mir Shakil Ahmed

Mir Shakil Ahmed Member

Best Answers:
    You can use hostinger.co.uk This is very good service. 2000 MB free space. No add. You can try this.

Mir Shakil Ahmed, Apr 11, 2015 IP
  6. RDO Servers

RDO Servers Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind, you get what you pay for!

There are hosting companies that will offer hosting and other services for free to get customers in the door. However, if they cant turn a profit, they wont stay in business for long. WHen they close the doors, you may wvery well loose access to your files and domains!

RDO Servers, Apr 12, 2015 IP
  7. kamakama

kamakama Active Member

Best Answers:
    free hosting = ads + slow website
    try to get 0.99 godaddy coupon + $1 webhosting monthly

kamakama, May 9, 2015 IP
  8. GreenLionNet

GreenLionNet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many providers that offer either free domain with hosting plan or free hosting plan with domain registration but I doubt any company offers both for free.

GreenLionNet, May 9, 2015 IP
  9. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If the project is not worth investing a domain name and hosting on, then it is not a very good project and you are probably wasting time with it. I would never invest my precious time in a free hosted free domain.

Domain Lead Finder, May 13, 2015 IP
  10. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is 2015, nowadays most free hosting services are bannerless, but might have limitations in bandwidth, webspace, scripts, email accounts or something, depending on the chosen service. There are some pretty good though such as x10hosting, Freehostia, Free Web Hosting Area, and Freehosting com

Even though, I must agree that paid hosting will always be a better solution, specially if you are serious about your business.

As for the TK domains, this is the worst idea someone can come across. TK domains are triky. in the beginning they had enforced pop us, top banner frame or manually inserted advertise, but they changed the strategy since some years ago. Now TK domains do not deliver advertising, but as soon as your site starts driving traffic, they are going to steal it by redirecting you free TK to their main website.

There are other free domain alternatives, but none of them are worth the effort to register one on those.

Mystique, May 14, 2015 IP
  11. MrJkl561

MrJkl561 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try one.com

MrJkl561, May 17, 2015 IP
  12. deal my deal

deal my deal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try domainpriceestimator.com/promo.do they offer free domains after cash back

deal my deal, May 18, 2015 IP
  13. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why resort to free domain and hosting for a year, when you can pay for it at the cheapest price possible and get the best quality/service?

Anitasol, May 2, 2017 IP
  14. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I understand people wanting free hosting (for learning or other), but I do not understand people wanting a free domain name.

There is the risk that you cannot move the domain to another provider.... there is the risk that if you try to sell the site, and the domain that the new owner of the site will be stuck paying other fees, or forced to pay for unneeded hosting for 12 months or something before they can truely move the domain to a proper registrar.

I have seen it before, where people had to pay $$$ fees to get domains transferred out.

Simply buy a domain from somewhere you trust. That is your property. Namecheap has 2 factor authentication to help protect your property. Then host wherever you like.
    If you really cannot afford the little $$ for a proper domain... then 12 months after your free trial expires, you will not be able to afford the renewal fees, and you will have no control over the domain.

matt_62, May 2, 2017 IP
  15. sangsume

sangsume Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get free domain by freenom dot com.

sangsume, May 3, 2017 IP
  16. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I know that you can not get both free domain + free hosting at the same time. You can only get free sub-domain belong with your free hosting, or free domain .tk (it’s one of the most common free domain extension now)
    About free hosting, you can use any of these free hosting providers as I list below such as: 5gbfree, hostinger, 000webhost, byethost,…However in my experience byethost is a better choice comparing with other guys. They have no ad also have powerful CPU, RAM, Bandwidth, uptime,…

If you have an important online business, I would not recommend you use free hosting, in the future it may causes you many troubles about RAM, traffic, bandwidth, CPU,…if your business grow up. Instead of that, you should use paid hosting at the first time in order to ensure that your business run smoothly and stable. I have this post about best web hosting here: http://ecoupon.io/top-web-hosting-review/. I hope this helps for you when choosing a paid one.

Good luck to you.

daica85, May 5, 2017 IP
  17. FAT238

FAT238 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First, I hope you got a domain name, now, for free domains, they don't exist simply because they're just promises and even if you find ones that are free, they'll never drive traffic from search engines. For example, .tk is free, but is there any blog with good traffic using it?.
    Also, if a company provides a free domain in exchange for something, they still the owners and not you, so, they can take your site anytime they want especially when it starts getting traffic. My recomendation is to search for low cost domain instead of the free ones. You may get thousand of them, but no one will work in terms of SEO, branding and so on. Go to 1&1 and you'll get one for $1.5 I think with free privacy, I saw that promotion last week and may be good for you.

FAT238, May 12, 2017 IP
  18. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're right. Nowadays, there're many hosting providers offering you quality hosting with a small fee, just only $1/mo or $2/mo if you register 12mo plan hosting. Also if you buy those plans you will get free domain .COM, .NET or .ORG,.... So that, it's totally about $12/yr + free domain.

daica85, May 14, 2017 IP
  19. imran87h

imran87h Active Member

Best Answers:
    imran87h, May 14, 2017 IP