1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backlinks from Yahoo answers

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by shakiba.proba, May 5, 2015.

Is it worthwhile actually trying to get backlinks from Yahoo answers? Are these links do follow or no follow or does it matter?

shakiba.proba, May 5, 2015 IP
  2. DarkMatrix

DarkMatrix Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes i have this same question

DarkMatrix, May 5, 2015 IP
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's worthwhile since promoting/advertising is against the Answers TOS.

danasurvey, May 6, 2015 IP
  4. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Links from Yahoo answers are no follow and if you are trying to get backlinks in this reputable site I would suggest not to. This website is very strict when it comes to links that coming in and out.

KylieSweet, May 6, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  5. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    if your answer get o be chosen as the best, it should be worth. getting traffic from yahoo answers can be converted.

TB Ann, May 7, 2015 IP
  6. Guide

Guide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you reached level 2 after a while, the links become active (do follow) and they will increase your PR.

Make sure to link to informational pages, not directly to pages related to direct sales.

Guide, May 18, 2015 IP
  7. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    Theyre not dofollow and wont be as far as I know.

TB Ann, May 18, 2015 IP
  8. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Getting links from yahoo answers it works getting some traffic. But sooner or later yahoo answers is going to find out and ban your account. I provided value in my answers and they still banned my account..

kb24, May 18, 2015 IP
  9. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While it may not help due to the nofollow, it does help get your link out in front of people's faces more. I use to use it when we were smaller and it worked great! What's nice is the content is in the form of a question, which a lot of novice users use when typing in google. So when the results pop up, your site should show up as well as the yahoo answers linking to your site, so you get 2 links (hopefully) on the first page going straight to your site, increasing your odds of increased traffic.

Getting a best answer will definitely help. I recommend answering a lot of questions in many different categories. I would provide quality links to those answers as well, so it doesn't look like you are pimping out your site. Trickle your site's link in on answers after you've answered a bunch of other questions, rinse and repeat. Make it difficult for them to catch you.

AzzidReign, May 24, 2015 IP
  10. LinnieMoneyMaker

LinnieMoneyMaker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The backlinks you get from Yahoo answers are really NoFollow. A number of look to obtain the primary visitors through back links useful, nevertheless resource back links to help age ranges unrelated for the query could get people deleted.

LinnieMoneyMaker, May 25, 2015 IP
  11. Kvazios

Kvazios Member

Best Answers:
    only for traffic, not for backlinks

Kvazios, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  12. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Answers will ultimately ban your account if you are promoting/advertising.

danasurvey, Jun 7, 2015 IP
  13. robby1995

robby1995 Member

Best Answers:
    i spend a few days becoming level 2 but it still wouldn't let me post links at all. so even if they are do follow i cant seem to find a way to be able to post links on there anyway. unless anyone knows what im doing wrong?

robby1995, Jun 7, 2015 IP
  14. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    there are two ways you make money by yahoo answers links

1- if the question is clear enough and answer is valuable enough, you will see your question in google search engine on a very high position
    2- from all the autoblogs who scrape content. you will get tons of backlinks from them

multiple domain backlinks = better ranking = money

i used to do a lot of yahoo answers work, and it made a lot of money for clients then, some answers with links are still there till date, when the sites themselves have vanished.

competent123, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  15. BranTheMan

BranTheMan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suppose it may be a good source for direct traffic, but don't bother if you're trying to build links to rank because they're all NoFollow. I still get on there on when I have some free time to drop some links though... It's a nifty little way for traffic, but I wouldn't treat it as any kind of major money maker.

BranTheMan, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  16. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    YA links are no follow, but are indirectly valuable for SEO or ranking regardless, for 3 reasons:

1) The direct relevant traffic to your site is interpreted by Google as a sign the site is legit, as it is getting visitors apart from the search engines. As a result, it ranks it higher and as having more natural authority. By contrast, Google treats as artificial many sites that may have hundreds of do-follow backlinks, but only a trickle of actual traffic.

2) Relevant, but no-follow backlinks are likewise expected by Google to be part of the profile of a site with natural authority, whereas sites with nothing but do-follow links are viewed as artificial, thus ranked lower.

3) Depending on the keyword or niche, the highest rankings for a term may include a YA page. Visitors who click to a YA url on page 1 of the SEs will likely follow the site link in a YA answer to your niche site.

melprise, Aug 30, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  17. bhatti22

bhatti22 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can get traffic from this site, i mean when some one see your comments then they can click to your link. Otherwise this link is no follow link.
    but still one source of getting traffic, not backinks.

bhatti22, Sep 10, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  18. sarveshseair

sarveshseair Banned

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answer is getting the traffic and no follow link . if your point is more then 2000 then you will eligible of getting link on your answers.

sarveshseair, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  19. Kate Evans

Kate Evans Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, Yahoo answers are effective for backlinks, but it should be noted that all the links are no follow, so it also helps in getting plenty of traffic from yahoo answers and I think it is really good.

Kate Evans, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  20. Ghufran72

Ghufran72 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to use guest posting for Do follow Links

Ghufran72, May 9, 2016 IP