1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is a 6 year old Domain Name worth using ?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by zinghana, May 5, 2015.

Hey all,

The first domain i ever purchased was: dpswebsolutions.com now as i am in the design / development game i am considering using this finally.. but am unsure if it holds any real value / strength in terms of using for my project / business.

Domain Name: dpswebsolutions.com
    Domain age: 6 Years, 0 Months old

The DPS bit are my initials however i am looking at using it as my full time business name.. but i am having trouble coming up with a better meaning for the "DPS" part.. It's to be somewhat of a design / development type project and also contain some useful tutorials / code examples etc etc a bit like a webmaster forum but only not so as my main focus will be releasing my designs.

Really do appreciate any feedback on this matter, I am also running out of time so i need choose fast. Thanks.

Regards, Darren

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    zinghana, May 5, 2015 IP
  2. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you Darren or Zinghana?

Why do you include link to your site? are we supposed to go there and look at it? Place it in the signature then, please

As for the question - domain's age has absolutely no value. Value is added by content and promotion, so a brand name registered 2 months ago with a website full of relevant offers and an agressive promotional campaign, both online and offline - this name may cost thousands to create but bring millions in revenue.

On the opposite, 6 years old name with 0 content is worth nothing and you sinply spent 60 dollars to keep it active.

You can start using it now, of course. Fill it with content and promote it. This is when it may finally get some value.

H0stZealot, May 5, 2015 IP
    zinghana likes this.
  3. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Site is not live.. I am not marketing it !! My name is Darren.. I was not meant to post so soon.. id not asked my question very clearly.. I am not sure if for my business i am better off using a new domain name.. or making use of one ive had sitting around for 6 years now. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Darren

zinghana, May 5, 2015 IP
  4. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    well, your acccount is named Zinghana, that's why I asked.

I replied to your question - empty name is worth zero, no matter what domainers tell you. Domain worth is counted with the amount of money and effort you input into it. If you had a name for 6 years and did nothing to it - it is worth nothing.

You may start using it now at least, to make these 60 dollars spent on renewals work at long last.

H0stZealot, May 5, 2015 IP
    zinghana likes this.
  5. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers TY, Ive been out of the seo game for a while now

zinghana, May 5, 2015 IP
  6. dddougal

dddougal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A domain is worth whatever you put on it or into it....If you have never had anything on it then it may as well have been bought yesterday.

dddougal, May 5, 2015 IP
  7. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It might be worth something SEO wise if you are competing for a low competition key word (for example area+service) and the 6year old domain will certainly rank easier and higher than a new one.

Domain Lead Finder, May 6, 2015 IP