1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do people buy "FAKE" traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Nicholas Pope, Apr 29, 2015.

I seriously want to know this, I mean what is the point? why would you want millions of bots just coming to your website? to do what? If they have any ads running they do know they'll more than likely get banned from their advertising publisher don't they? Especially Adsense. And I do not think Google, Yahoo or even Bing for that matter are that stupid, surly they would know that the popularity of a website has been manipulated by "bots". So really, what is the point? C'mon guys have some class do some some hard work and fight for those "REAL" visitors even if it is just a few at the start, keep working and they'll keep coming, all that money your paying for fake visitors you could be putting toward great advertising campaigns.

Cheers for reading my little rant guys, I was just over in the buy sell trade area and that's all i could see was "buy 100% real usa visitors $1 for 1k" and it just got to me, haha. Surly the purchasers know that the're not actually real?

Nicholas Pope, Apr 29, 2015 IP
    briguy likes this.
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think it's just an easy way for some people to make money off of unsuspected / beginner internet marketers.

On the other hand some buy bot traffic to benefit themselves. For instance, if you have a counter on your site or blog and you want it to show 10K in visits, why not to spend $5 on fiverr to get 10k in bot hits? Makes your site / blog look weightier.

qwikad.com, Apr 29, 2015 IP
    briguy and Nicholas Pope like this.
  3. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some people in the business are in a hurry (mostly new in business field) to become well-known in the industry via paid visitors (which usually bot hits) they are willing to pay for those tons of fake visitors just to show that their brand is popular but in the end they were no engagement and the worst no conversions and sales. Remember that it will take time to be established in the respective field but worth it in the long run.

KylieSweet, Apr 29, 2015 IP
    briguy likes this.
  4. Nicholas Pope

Nicholas Pope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is quite a good answer actually and makes a lot of sense that some of these guys are just out to make some money off the beginners that don't actually know the traffic isn't real, I mean, because when I started out I definitely spend money on goods and services that I shouldn't have or that were useless. Also to raise stat counters although I would think those could be manipulated these days but I guess that's possible answer.
    Yes I agree, I do think that most of us are in a hurry to establish our brand and want 1000's of visitors immediately, but we all need to take a step back and look at every service we buy now, I mean we are an internet marketer buying off another internet marketer so best thing to do is find out how they are doing the service you want then just do it yourself (referring to any service). And yes, establishing our brand and business will take time but do it properly and it will all be worth it.

Nicholas Pope, Apr 29, 2015 IP
    briguy likes this.
  5. Kingfish85

Kingfish85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most people that buy this junk think that it's real users. 99% of the time it's bots. The same goes for Twitter followers & Facebook likes. I know that I have never bought something from a company because of their Facebook likes or Twitter followers. Seems to be more of a placebo effect for the person buying this junk.

Kingfish85, Apr 30, 2015 IP
    Nicholas Pope likes this.
  6. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To improve Alexa Rating, DA & PA.

Mkcoy, Apr 30, 2015 IP
  7. pianogirl

pianogirl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because people like me fall for it.

pianogirl, Apr 30, 2015 IP
  8. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    we human take so many years of study to make us perfect, but when it comes to business especially online everyone just want to earn from 1st day without learning the business or business process, so they doing silly things, they thought fake traffic help their website to grow, which is not good, genuine work help a lot ... everything business, life, relation take some time to settle, give some time to website to make some money from it.

indiasbull, May 1, 2015 IP
  9. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure which site you are referring too but there are GPT sites like clixsense where they pay members something like 1/10 of a cent to be redirected to a site for 15 second (not sure of actual payout or time)...so maybe these guys are advertising on these kinda of sites (on more than one) to get that amount of USA traffic

If I wanted to do that I woudl set up a statcounter(dot)com "counter" to start at any number you like..

briguy, May 2, 2015 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, May 2, 2015 IP
  11. Nonilol

Nonilol Member

Best Answers:
    ^This.

Also, buying some traffic will rank you higher in google. At least if you buy quality traffic.

Nonilol, May 4, 2015 IP
  12. Sioux

Sioux Peon

Best Answers:
    They want to improve their alex ranking

Sioux, May 4, 2015 IP
  13. dddougal

dddougal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because people are stupid....In general

dddougal, May 5, 2015 IP
    pigpromoter and Nicholas Pope like this.
  14. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah, usually to trick some sort of analytics or other tracking service. The user may then try to sell the domain or use the traffic to convince someone that their "product" works really well. Let's say an SEO that wants to get or keep a lucrative contract.

There are traffic services that are real people, on real computers, that visit your site. Usually these are some form of crowdsourced traffic exchange. Some are automated, others are manually visited. The manual traffic exchanges can actually lead to conversions, although not as well as search engine traffic, etc.

usasportstraining, May 5, 2015 IP
  15. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In order to appear "normal" to others, some people will copy the actions of a crowd even when they know that action to be completely stupid.

Mkcoy, May 5, 2015 IP
  16. RogerDale

RogerDale Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Because they are too lazy and tend to forget that "Rome was not build in a day"...

RogerDale, May 6, 2015 IP
  17. Rocko Berry

Rocko Berry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Take to the fake traffic in website because simple things that earn money! Second things, If more than traffic on her/his website so that more than reputation in market.So that more reputation persons in market and this benefit of in the market and earn money.

If guys/girls are more than reputation in the market so that attract to the client his guys/girls work in the market.So that take the work and more than earn money in any market.And your website have more than traffic so that more PR of your website and more than reputation of your site.

So that any beniffits of traffic on his/her site.

Rocko Berry, May 7, 2015 IP
  18. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not many people know about PR and fake bot traffic. They actually believe you can buy 1000-s of targeted visitors/day for 10$. When I consider adding a domain to my portfolio the first thing I do is check the quality of the traffic sources by asking the seller to specifically detail how his traffic is generated and even ask for him to give me access to his google analytics account for that domain name. It is surprising how popular the bot traffic still is, but then again not everybody is a traffic expert and to them visitors are visitors.

Domain Lead Finder, May 8, 2015 IP
  19. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Imagine how many people are buying sites "with traffic" - now knowing the traffic is from bots. There's a ton of people who do this to flip sites and make a larger profit.

cronik, May 8, 2015 IP
  20. beninbro

beninbro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Instant gratification, my friend. We live in a world where just about anything that you want is available -- at your finger tips, in an instant. So naturally, this mindset carries over into how we do business, as well. It aint pretty but it is what it is, I reckon. The good news is that as service providers...if we can deliver what we say we can, when we say we can deliver it and at reasonable prices - then we're in the driver's seat.

beninbro, May 14, 2015 IP