1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good network for website with younger viewers?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by JA Kosse, Apr 15, 2015.

Hello! I'm hoping to get a little help in selecting an ad network to serve on my website.

About my website: it's a virtual pet game. The players are 13 - 25 as a general age range. It receives about 250,000 pageviews a day. I am not sure where to find any other info (like unique visitors) but I have Google Analytics so if you can point me to where to look I can get the info.

My challenges: Because my website has a lot of younger users and people who are skeptical of ads, but willing to access my game w/o adblock if we take precautions, I have the following needs:
    - NO auto-play sound
    - NO inappropriate content for minors (sex/dating/gambling etc)
    - NO viruses distributed through the network

So that said, does anyone know what a good network would be for me to choose? I'm hoping to make about $6,000 a month if that's possible. I got a quote from MadAdsMedia that said roughly $5800 a month.

Thank you for reading and for the help!

JA Kosse, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  2. ufshane

ufshane Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    For that kind of revenue, google adsense is your best bet... while we meet your requirements, until we test your traffic we cannot give you a figure.

ufshane, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  3. JA Kosse

JA Kosse Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to sign up for Google Adsense and it's giving me problems. It breaks when I try adding a login :(

JA Kosse, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  4. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    facebook can be a great option. I have tried targeting young and female audiences back then for our lingerie products and facebook ads can be very effective.

TB Ann, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  5. ashumastermind

ashumastermind Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to me Fagebook is best option if we do paid marketing.
    We can select the age of 18 to 25.

ashumastermind, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  6. JA Kosse

JA Kosse Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I managed to get Adsense working, and my RPM has been way lower than what was predicted by the other site (and various calculators). It drops every single day. It's honestly kind of confusing, because the impressions are roughly the same each day, but the RPM keeps dropping. At this rate it looks like I'll make less than $1000. It kind of makes me wonder if advertising is even worth it for a browser based game? Has anyone else experienced something like that, where their RPM drops each day?

JA Kosse, Apr 19, 2015 IP
  7. Ant0ni

Ant0ni Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may try mainstream networks, aka Adsense or MediaNet. You may also try Fidelity Media, EPOM. I have experience with all of them, Fidelity has especially good support team for publishers.

Ant0ni, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  8. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then you need to adjust ad placement. AdSense is going to pay you based off click performance etc. So you are going to need to find ad placements which provide enough view ability to drive results for those placements. If your ads are in places where people are not looking, or out of the way, it isn't going to help you pull your rates up, it will only make it worse.

I would make a suggestion of also lowering your expectations or increasing your volume. One of the 2 must be done if you expect to reach your goals. Also, give it some time. Don't jump to quick.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    wrekoniz3, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  10. xendurinan

xendurinan Banned

Best Answers:
    As an alternative of Adsense you can use PropellerAds. You can make a good amount of money from Propeller but I cant guarantee that you are going to make $6000 per month. You will get best CPM rate from PropellerAds but your earning is not only depend on CPM. You can get more information from their site.

xendurinan, Apr 30, 2015 IP
  11. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Propeller is not an adsense alternative. Propeller is for Low Quality Sites. Their advertisers target low quality sites, thats what they focus on, google is the opposite. So no Propeller is not a good alternative.

wrekoniz3, Apr 30, 2015 IP
  12. serviceman22

serviceman22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What I would do with a site like that is this. I would use 1 decently placed ad block (adsense puts there best paying ads first) A well place link unit or two and then use CPA networks with their game downloads. Remember, these people have smart phones, these people like to download crap onto their phones. There are plenty of CPA networks out there where you can make 50 cents to 2 dollars per install. I prefer peerfly.com for stuff like that. Without being able to see the site there isn't much I could tell you. It is most likely that your ads are in poor placement. I would be careful with game sites and adsense though. I have heard of publishers getting there accounts disabled due to "invalid" clicks. From my experience you can make just as much of a decent cpm or cpa network off most sites and use adsense sparingly if at all. Sometimes you can make more of cpa networks. All depends on the site, demographic and if you have a mailing list or not.

250,000 page views daily. I could make a mint of that site. ;)

serviceman22, May 1, 2015 IP
    CoreyPeerFly likes this.
  13. David.Propeller

David.Propeller Member

Best Answers:
    :)
    Our mobile interstitial ads are filled with world's famous brands like UC Browser, Clash Of Kings, Uber and others.
    http://media.propellerads.com/introducing-mobile-interstitial-ads/

David.Propeller, May 4, 2015 IP