1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ is finished. There's no money here.

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by DinoJRG, Mar 11, 2015.

I wanted to see if CJ is worth it.

I threw in a product on my niche site and the results are pathetically $0 sales and $0 earnings. 1,200 clicks and absolutely nothing. The quality of the traffic is so related that it's like horse farm owners clicking on horseshoes for sale ads(that was just an example).

The problem is you have to try to find "fair" affiliates yourself. I have a feeling that commission is just not paid out by scam affiliates and CJ doesn't care. An affiliate system is not too great if you are throwing 1,000s of visitors to morons who are just taking your traffic and selling crap on their site without paying commission.

Forget about this "Find a good affiliate thing". It's illegal to without sales commission and cj shouldn't allow them to enroll as opposed to telling you it's your problem if you choose affiliates who steal.

I switched to amazon and pulled commission on day two.

I'm not working with a company that supports scamming and nobody else should too.

DinoJRG, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  2. internext

internext Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. CJ has never performed well for me. Thanks for your post

internext, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  3. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    Our experience with CJ is similar. Although we were able to generate some revenue, this was years ago. During the last 12 months - nothing.

O-D-T, Mar 14, 2015 IP
  4. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are worthless. I took their ads when i didnt get any cents after promoting a new product.

I also have issues with them as they dont send payment via paypal which is why the reason i stop promoting them since 2011. Wheni request a new check becuase i didnt recieve any, they ask for $50 for it. Heck.

etc, Mar 14, 2015 IP
  5. Pa8ricia

Pa8ricia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    CJ is nothing more than wastage of time and effort. Nothing positive to say about that.

Pa8ricia, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  6. DocuMaker

DocuMaker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone using CJ had better take a fresh look at their terms of service. The company charges for non-activity (ie non-sales). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

DocuMaker, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  7. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What items are you guys selling? I've had great success selling high end products from CJ. Although I've slowed down with CJ I've never had any issues.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  8. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can't seem to find this in the TOSs. what section is it in?

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  9. diagonal

diagonal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If CJ is finished as you talked... so what another best affiliate website that should I use?

diagonal, Apr 8, 2015 IP
  10. DocuMaker

DocuMaker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't load the website at the moment :confused:... But it might be in the FAQ as well.

DocuMaker, Apr 8, 2015 IP
  11. Mr Mac

Mr Mac Member

Best Answers:
    I've had a very good experience working with CJ.

Mr Mac, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  12. sandeep06265

sandeep06265 Member

Best Answers:
    CJ performs only good with specialized Niche marketing blogs.....Blogs whihc have randoms stuff can never gain advantage of CJ

sandeep06265, Apr 19, 2015 IP
  13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I am trying Amazon as well. Not sure what's happening to cj, but I am tired of promoting product after product that do not yield any ROI.

qwikad.com, Apr 25, 2015 IP
  14. steveb

steveb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CJ is the largest and most successful affiliate network for a reason. Because it works. They wouldn't be in business if all of their publishers were getting screwed.

I have been making money with CJ for years.

steveb, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  15. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of business that do well while screwing every customer they have.

DinoJRG, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  16. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    So, anyway, I tried some Amazon's products and I don't even see any clicks coming my way, let alone sales. At least with the CJ products I had clicks and occasional conversions, with the way the Amazon's products are doing I think I am going to let this idea slide. My traffic is good, so I am thinking that the internet is so over saturated with their products that nobody is interested in another Amazon's banner ad and if they do care, they can just go straight to Amazon to get the stuff they want.

qwikad.com, May 4, 2015 IP
  17. steveb

steveb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You do realize that makes no sense?? If they screwed every publisher by not paying them, they wouldn't have any any publishers in their network. No publishers means no advertisers, which means no money for them. If what you say is true about CJ, they would've been out of business a long time ago.

steveb, May 4, 2015 IP
  18. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    Steve man, It's very common that a business will have and obtain so many publishers that they just take everyones' traffic then once the publisher gives up after a few weeks and leaves there is a new lineup of publishers who started.
    It's pretty common in business. Car insurances that never pay out, wholesalers selling crap, etc, etc.

It makes perfect sense and is OFTEN. For example, Hotelscombined, a hotel reservation affiliate online. Only problem is 1 out of 500 people get paid. The other 499 get banned from the affiliate when their account is between $90-$100. They've been doing it for years yet no matter how many people get ripped off there is a fresh amount of new guys who try them out.

DinoJRG, May 4, 2015 IP
  19. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They aren't a scam... I think their algorithm for tracking is flawed. Gone are the days where a customer clicks a link then just buys. We live in a new digital day and age where people research research research then shop shop shop then eventually return to buy. A lot of browsers and mobile devices are quick to clear cookies when they are closed. I'm willing to bet your site is converting....but not right away and you are just getting screwed indirectly.

NetStar, May 4, 2015 IP
  20. steveb

steveb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It really sounds like you don't know what you are talking about.

It's very foolish to think that publishers are being replaced by new ones and then getting ripped off. It doesn't work that way. They have thousands of the same publishers there who have been making lots of money for years. Ask around.

Also, they have many fortune 500 companies that advertise there. Do you think they are stupid? Publishers don't get paid on traffic. They get paid through leads or sales. It's a CPA network. That right there, tells me you have no experience!

CJ isn't some new low-end affiliate network that would risk their reputation or business over a few hundred $. CJ is a multi-billion $ business. They were founded in 1998. Do you really think they lasted this long by ripping people off?? If you do, you are very naive.

Don't blame others for your failures. Do what you do better and learn from your experiences, but don't generalize and make things up.

steveb, May 4, 2015 IP