1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3-star quality on Textbroker - is it worth spending money on?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Shwepps, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So which pattern does TB follow exactly - American, British or both?:confused: And how is a writer supposed to know about it? I mean I could write a piece with all commas complying with British English and the editor will reject it simply because that doesn't befit the American standards, or vice versa. surprised.gif Strange, huh!

Content Maestro, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  2. DocuMaker

DocuMaker Active Member

Best Answers:
    So wait a minute, Crimebuster. You aren't saying your UK articles are being critiqued by American editors -- are you?!?

DocuMaker, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  3. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No idea, I've never used TextBroker.

On Constant Content, though, their editors use US English, and whilst they will accept articles in British English, they expect you to use US punctuation. This isn't made clear at all, and I had lots of rejections at first for commas. Now I've switched to using US punctuation (even with British English!), they accept my work straight away. Like I said, it's messed up.

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  4. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not all of them. When I write for private British clients, I use British text and punctuation. But when I've used content mills in the past, they've accepted (often begrudgingly) UK English, but they expect you still to use US punctuation.

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  5. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Freaky, isn't it?:rolleyes: I guess they have another good reason to dock writers' earnings/points.:)

Content Maestro, Apr 9, 2015 IP