1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Submission Directories

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by alicemarvin23, Apr 2, 2015.

Hi,

I'm looking for best article submission directories for my articles but have some questions in my mind on this concern.
    Are article directories are still beneficial from getting traffic on website traffic and ranking high in Google?
    Will it be good If I use my published post on article directory?
    What are the best article directories for submission?
    Its kind a viral my content through quality article directories.

Waiting for helpful response.
    Thanks

Solved! View solution.
    alicemarvin23, Apr 2, 2015 IP
  2. WLEadmin

WLEadmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Given how hard Google has slapped article directories, you'll probably be better off with guest posting or syndicating. Putting the same work on a dozen directories will almost certainly earn the "duplicate" down-rating and trigger the "spam guest post for links" down-rating.

The alternatives are either to use the post once as a guest post on a high-profile site or to post an extract (press release style) on directories and social media, with a link back to the full version on your site.

Disclaimer: I'm not an SEO expert. :)

WLEadmin, Apr 2, 2015 IP
    Alex Toll and Content Maestro like this.
    Article submission is a thing of the past and is as good as dead now. Most of the content on article submission directories is substandard and they're used by many people to spam their products and services. However, some of my clients say that they still find them useful for link-building or backlinking and get a good amount of traffic from them.
    Anyway, here's a list of 50 do-follow article submission directories that have a high traffic and PR, though I'm not really sure if PR will do any good nowhttp://www.latesttutorial.com/top-50-dofollow-high-pr-article-submission-sites-for-seo-backlinks/. A lot of them are free, but please cross-check before you upload anything.

A much better alternative would be to use the content you have on your own website or blog. You can also create short posts out of it and publish them through your social media accounts. As for the problem of duplicate content, a way around it, as already suggested, is content syndication sites. Google knows that you publish the content on YOUR OWN site first and then share it through the syndication sites. So, you won't get penalized for duplication. Make a point of posting a link that directs back to your original website when you submit your content on these syndication sites. You can also contact bloggers and site owners who run websites or networks related to your niche and see if they're interested in hosting your content as guest posts on their blogs or websites. One important advantage is this drives more organic/natural traffic towards you.

Couldn't really get this.:confused: Can you explain it please?

Content Maestro, Apr 3, 2015 IP
    jrbiz and Alex Toll like this.
  4. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just going to agree with the rest of the guys above and add: anything that has a mass submission pattern, like directories, is not going to work anymore. Google will slap your wrist so hard that you won't see any organic traffic at all.

Alex Toll, Apr 3, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  5. alicemarvin23

alicemarvin23 Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the exact response and I never ever tried syndication sites. And can we say that article submission also called viral content?
    I m adding 3 posts in week in my blog and also do social media marketing and social book marketing for my website and blog. But there is no increase in website back links and traffic.

alicemarvin23, Apr 4, 2015 IP
  6. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nope. If you mean submitting content to article directories will make it go viral, it's certainly NO.
    It's not only how frequently you post but also what you post.
    Is your blog or website very new? I mean have you just launched it? If yes, it'll take some time to get established. Definitely, using social media is very effective but building up a sizable following takes a little time. You need to be a little patient.

Content Maestro, Apr 4, 2015 IP
  7. alicemarvin23

alicemarvin23 Member

Best Answers:

No, its not new. Here is link and let me know how I can make it more better. blog.bullseyeengagement.com

8. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, a lot of suggestions can be given for improving the blog. It's very relative because when you say 'I wanna better my blog or website', there are many things that come into play.
    Post a thread about it in the Reviews section here – https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/websites.23/. Also, make a point of specifying in detail what exactly it is you're looking for when you say you wanna improve your site and what you're doing to promote it. This way, you'll get a more tailored advice.
    Anyway, I'll take a closer look at the blog later and get back if I've anything to suggest.

Content Maestro, Apr 4, 2015 IP
  9. alicemarvin23

alicemarvin23 Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your kind response

10. EverestOnlineMarketing

EverestOnlineMarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then give content syndication sites a try, as well as guest blogging. These could help increase traffic.

You can also make content more engaging and interesting. Give people a reason to share your blog entries in social media.

EverestOnlineMarketing, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  11. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I used to write for a client who purely relied on article directories for backlinks. When Panda was unleashed, his site was hit with a huge penalty, and we had to go through the arduous task of removing every link or making it no-follow. I'd steer well clear of them unless you're only looking for no-follow links. A well thought out guest posting strategy, that includes multiple links per post (to other sites, not just yours) would be much more beneficial, especially if you write content that is useful for the readers.

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  12. Splash Copywriters

Splash Copywriters Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd give article submission sites a big swerve. As James says, concentrate on creating quality content and quality links. That's the only way to 'guarantee' traffic.

Splash Copywriters, Sep 1, 2015 IP