1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Achievement Firm is a scam!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pianogirl, Mar 11, 2015.

I'm finally getting around to spreading the word about this scammer (or scammers). They're active on these forums (DP, Warrior, v7n and others) and use a variety of different names, probably most of which I don't have.

After working for Achievement Firm for about a year (with no problems), I was asked to be his "accountant". I'd get 5-10% of any payments which I accepted through my PayPal. I was then instructed to pass on this money to several other people (being told to pay most via personal payment).

I accepted around $900 and sent this out (after taking my percentage). About $320 was sent as business payments while the rest was sent as personal.

Basically, what happened is that I received the work from various people who he had promised work to. He doesn't deliver the work. The money has been distributed to other people. The buyer opens a claim with PayPal (and me) and I have to refund them using money from my own pocket.

They've done this with many writers before me - I'm not the only one and probably won't be the last.

They use many names, including but probably not limited to:

Achievement Firm
    Arjun Jamwal
    Arjjun Tilak
    Arjjun Tilak Ventures
    Alexander Geer
    Simon Cohen (there is actually a HuffPo writer with this name, but they've created a Skype profile with the same name)
    Chris Fulton
    Jayalalithaa Jayaram
    Weh Media

Sani Marketing is also somehow related to this and Viral Access is very possibly too.

Skype names to avoid: wehmedia, achievementfirm, chris.tfulton, jayalalithaajayaram, simoncohenca,

Email address: , , ,

I may keep updating this thread with new information, but hopefully it'll serve as a help to anybody who might be able to get scammed. Also it'll come up in the search engines if people search their names etc.

Check out this link as well: http://trafficplanet.com/index.php?/topic/8987-warning-avoid-sani-marketing/

pianogirl, Mar 11, 2015 IP
    sarahk and Content Maestro like this.
  2. Mattingley

Mattingley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing this! I have dealt with the person in question before, luckily i've never had any problems but after reading this, i guess i'm lucky. Sorry to hear you got scammed like this!

Mattingley, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  3. pianogirl

pianogirl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear this! I was also safe for a year.

pianogirl, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, I do not hear often of someone working successfully for an organization/person for a year and then getting ripped off. May I ask how much money you made from this organization/person during the year prior to when things went bad?

jrbiz, Mar 11, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  5. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    I made a few thousand dollars. It was regular work.

However, after contacting people through the PayPal email addresses which I received the money from, I was being paid by other victims of the scam who experienced the same thing I did.

So basically all his writers eventually go through the same scam if they agree to accept payments through their own PayPal accounts.

pianogirl, Mar 12, 2015 IP
  6. pianogirl

Best Answers:
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, so it is an elaborate pyramid scheme that obviously has been going on for quite some time and has involved a lot of people. I would alert Paypal to this scheme and also any relevant legal authorities in the jurisdiction of the perpetrator (if possible.) You should also encourage all of the other victims that you have identified to do the same thing.

jrbiz, Mar 12, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  8. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    I have done exactly that, jrbiz. The hours I have spent with the authorities, and thankfully, something is being done about it now. I don't want to post publicly about it just in case.

jrbiz likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent! Let us know how it turns out when you are able to do so.

jrbiz, Mar 12, 2015 IP
  10. Aleksa Miladinovic

Aleksa Miladinovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have had the similar case as pianogirl. I have first got in touch with Kyle Greene (it is another identity, so you can add it to the list). I have been working for him and his associates including Weh Media and Jayalalithaa Jayaram, and everything was ok, I mean more then ok, great rates and large orders on daily basis. I was receiving payments regularly. However, the payments were mostly from different PayPal accounts, but I figured they asked clients to send payments directly to me to avoid fees, so I wasn't worried.

Then the same thing happened to me after 6 months, one of the buyers has sent the money, but they didn't deliver them the articles, so they opened a claim and I had to refund the money (luckily for me it was not too much - $250). At the same time I was also expecting another payment from Weh Media, however from the moment this has happened they just stopped replying on Skype or any of the emails they might have.

I suspect that I have also found another identity that has offered me a job the other day, and at first I wasn't suspecting much, but the orders are almost identical. I will look more into it and if I conclude that it is another scammer I will post it here.

Aleksa Miladinovic, Mar 17, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro and pianogirl like this.
  11. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this. Yes, I have recently heard the name Kyle Greene from somebody else too.

I thought that since there seemed to be so many of them, they were part of a business. After all, Weh Media, Achievement Firm and Jayalalithaa were all supposed to be different people, although I doubt now.

I also believe there may be a Dmitry identity in the mix somewhere.

Weh Media has deleted me from Skype now, however, Weh Media, Dmitry and Viral Access would come online at the same time EVERY time.

pianogirl, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  12. Aleksa Miladinovic

Best Answers:
    Exactly the same case, at the moment Weh Media and Kyle Greene are coming online to Skype at the same time.

13. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    Do you mind PMing me with some more info, please? Specifically about the PayPal emails you received money from if possible.

14. Aleksa Miladinovic

Best Answers:
    Sure, however I will need some time to check the records.

15. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    That's fine, thank you so much.

16. nard

nard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It’s very considerate of you to share your experiences with this firm. I’m sure that this will serve as a warning to other members who could possibly fall victim to these guys scheme. Internet scam is rampant these days and we really need to be careful in dealing with people who are promising works that might sound suspicious. To be safe, only deal with people who are backed with good credibility.

nard, Apr 1, 2015 IP
    pianogirl likes this.
  17. 5ervant

5ervant Active Member

Best Answers:
    To all the victims or from a third party to a complainant related to this kind of a scam, please visit https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/caution-about-collecting-paypal-payments-for-sending-and-blog-posting-scams.2766988/ and if you think you're related to such kind of a scam, considered filing a complain at ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx and PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS FOR GRANTED!!

Thanks for cooperating..

5ervant, Oct 29, 2015 IP