1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Pagerank is dead | Please stop PR marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by thenet, Feb 5, 2015.

Why people still look for Google page rank marketing ..
    Google PR is dead . is not it ?
    maybe is this reason we don't have any good alternative for Google page rank ..
    What is your idea , What is good alternative for Google page rank ?

thenet, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  2. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ya, it's dead, but still many so called "IM gurus" do not realize it/not aware at all...
    PR itself has never been a good measure in my opinion.
    It is better to have a look at domain age, incoming links and their source, content profile, related: sites, and many others...

All those buy/sell threads for links (which are now very limited), mentioning any PR in regard of pricing for an ad have nothing to do with reality, simply because they show way older PR than it is present actually. Not that it has not been updated, but is not being exported anymore.

A bit off-topic, anyone any idea why link market here is so dead? Is it because it is limited to premium members only, or is everyone so scared that google will catch him>?

abraxas, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is dead because Google killed it, and rightfully so. Thankfully, now the websites that earn good, voluntary backlinks to their high-quality content will be able to climb in the rankings.

Jim4767, Feb 5, 2015 IP
    Arick unirow and sarahk like this.
  4. thenet

thenet Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes i agree with your , google help the internet with shut off google page rank ,

thenet, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  5. abraxas

Best Answers:
    Are you really sure? People on one, few, several, or many forums /places for ad buying/selling might have got scared, but this does not stop the market.
    The so called "voluntary backlinking to high-quality content " is way too rare, mainly in the past. Also what ranking would be there if every voluntary link is as google suggest - with nofollow tag??? There will be no any rankings depending on links themselves lol
    What google actually do is trying to limit that market in order to force more people to use their own ads, which although do not yield natural rankings are still paid and still a way of advertising, getting on top of SEPR. So in a way they manipulate their own results with their paid ads.

I call it taking an advantage of their monopoly!

p.s. and even if the link market here on DP is almost dead - no niche stays unfilled in the free/semi-free markets :)

abraxas, Feb 6, 2015 IP
    unity100 likes this.
  6. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The page rank system is not dead. But... buying each link that based on PR is useless for SEO on Google. And also buying a domain name that based on PR is useless.

himanuzo, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  7. rajniseo

rajniseo Member

Best Answers:
    We can not say completely that its dead. Have you seen any official update from Google team regarding PR? If yes please share here. I agree that Google has not changed PR for last 1 year but it does not mean, its dead.

rajniseo, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  8. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google killed nothing, it just scared some of the vultures that were in it for the quick buck. And the reason the link market here (and many other places) is so small is because the majority of the services offered ARE crap and will produce zero value.

News from Google are ALWAYS open to interpretation. They probably have special staff that teaches their representatives to talk without saying much (probably the same team that trains politicians). Still, here is a snippet from John Mueller's participation in a WebMasters thread a while back:

https://www.seroundtable.com/google-pagerank-dead-again-19482.html

Rado_ch, Feb 17, 2015 IP
    abraxas likes this.
  9. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is trying to get rid of all the back hat tools. I am sure all the spammers fun and source of making money has completely lost. So now those guys would even sell PR8 for $20 or PR7 for $10, lol :)

China_girl, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  10. Morezz

Morezz Banned

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you.Google has stopped Pagerank but people still buy a PR Domain if it has good DA,PA,TF,CF

Morezz, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  11. abraxas

Best Answers:

Well said, cannot agree any f*****g further! Y!

@China_girl, PR has been a ridiculous measure for ads long time ago. There are many other and way too important things to look into when buying any ads - be it or not within "google rules". And after all is it google that rules your site/business or they do?
    ...As someone said once upon a time, smth like - it's their SE, they will do whatever they want with; same is valid for everyone...

They do manipulate the "system" well enough by themselves, so we do manipulate it too.
    Or what? We should get down on our knees and pay like hell for adwords? How natural that traffic is??? Same as paid ads, with the only difference that the money go into the pocket of a site owner, whose exact site I liked, hence advertising on it directly - be it do or nofollow or... whatever I wish kind of an advt.!

Cheers

abraxas, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  12. ravau

ravau Member

Best Answers:
    PR is dead for long time.. butI think they may have in the bachround, not visible, some new "factor" similar to PR but including "trust" whatever it means.. so new PR would be some kind of respectation of trust and other factors known from dead PR

ravau, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  13. Morezz

Morezz Banned

Best Answers:
    I would not say PR is dead but rather say that it was never important factor for site rankings instead DA,PA,TF,CF matters ahead of PR

Morezz, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  14. wedreamseo

wedreamseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR was the most reliable metric for a couple of reasons:

1) Moz's DA can too easily be artificially inflated by large numbers of worthless spam, Moz Rank only reliable at the 5+ level

2) Majestic's TF is way too unreliable, whether they have no clue or their system to calculate it is buggy, who shall say

3) Ahrefs Domain Rank, only becomes somewhat reliable at the higher level of 50+

In other words there's not a single decent alternative to PR

wedreamseo, Feb 22, 2015 IP
  15. Wooexpert

Wooexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think now a days PA & DA matter, PA & DA clearly show us how website has value.

Wooexpert, Feb 24, 2015 IP
  16. Eitan Kuniz

Eitan Kuniz Member

Best Answers:
    Now it makes my work a lot easier when I know that I dont need to worry about PR anymore...

Eitan Kuniz, Mar 9, 2015 IP
  17. itechlhr

itechlhr Member

Best Answers:
    I also read on lots of article about this and i think its true we need to focused on traffic through Social

itechlhr, Mar 9, 2015 IP
  18. ICA James

ICA James Member

Best Answers:
    What Google has done by stopping pagerank update is appreciated. Many Bloggers earn huge amount of money as Guest post by showing the page rank of their websites. I think now this would stop a little bit and new bloggers will definitely go for quality content not for the quantity. Thanks for your post

ICA James, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  19. Ash Stronge

Ash Stronge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,

Does that mean that new websites with pages of PR0 (on moz toolbar) will never increase. I've wondered what is the point in keeping it there if it will never be updated.

Ash Stronge, Mar 14, 2015 IP
  20. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll try to explain it simply.

The PR0 (1-10) you see is Toolbar PR.

Actual PR is the valuation of your website taken after the Google algorithm takes all factors in account and compares it with other websites.

Toolbar PR will probably never be updated. That doesn't mean that the Actual PR is dead though. The G algorithm still checks and ranks websites its just that we would not be able to see these numbers like before (plenty of reasons for that).

Rado_ch, Mar 14, 2015 IP