1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need a list of directories

Discussion in 'Directories' started by journeyoftheanimals, Mar 6, 2015.

A few years ago someone I think on this site posted a huge list of directories. I believe it was 60+ pages in Microsoft word. I had been going through it and submitting to directory after directory (Only the free ones) and found out something disturbing the other day. I had submitted to hundreds....more then likely over 1,000 and I saw this page the other day that showed me stats about my URL and I had more like 60 entries in directories. That sure seemed like a lot of wasted work. But I still wanted to start up again. I am so bummed because I can not find my list anywhere. I have had that list through like 3 computer changes and perhaps it has gotten lost or misplaced over the years. I was wondering if someone can point me towards a downloadable list that maybe they have used with good results? I know there are pages out there with lists online but I find it much easier to stay organized if I can download it.

Then two more quick questions while we are on the subject. Can anyone suggest a good program that will automate the process a little? Not looking for something to do all the work because I would not trust it. But something that will keep track of who I have submitted to and fill in at least a few of the blanks for me.

I also remember reading that you should not use the same description for each directory and should change it often when submitting. But when you are submitting to hundreds or thousands of directories there is only so many ways you can describe your site. Do I really need to worry about it that much?

Thank you very much in advance for you help and advice.

journeyoftheanimals, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  2. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't really trust about same description bring harm to your site, as you said if you trying to list your site in hundred or thousand that will really hard to describe your website. The Best is rotate the Description. ^.^

try vmoptions or directorycritic or http://www.myseotools.co.uk/directory-list.php for directory list.

suwandichen13, Mar 7, 2015 IP
  3. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried directory critic? It can provide you a bunch of directory list. Make sure to add it it in the right category.

Dario McNut, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hate to inform you, that you're wasting your time submitting to these general directories. You should be thankful only about 60 listings are showing up. Cut your losses and move on.

In no way will hundreds or thousands of useless/old school directory links look natural to Google. This will only show that you are new to SEO and Marketing. Not to mention getting penalized by Google by building low quality links to increase your rankings. Not sure if you are aware, but Googles algorithm is getting better by the day and these old techniques do not work.

kjh-08, Apr 5, 2015 IP
  5. ArhamSoft

ArhamSoft Member

Best Answers:
    You can get sites of Directories from vmoptions.com

ArhamSoft, Jan 28, 2016 IP