1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.directory domain for your directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Mrtvac, Feb 11, 2015.

Hi,

Directory owners, what do you think about .directory domain? Will it catch up or? Have you or do you plan to buy .directory domain for your (established) directories?

Mrtvac, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I think it is a clever way for Registrars to milk more money out of people by selling worthless TLDs.

You'll probably find that mailing on a TLD other than .com/org/net, etc., will be useless as well since most providers are blocking these.

Mia, Feb 23, 2015 IP
  3. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Can you explain? Who is blocking them, and why would they? I'm not being argumentative, I just don't understand it.

4. Mrtvac

Mrtvac Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think is is true for most providers. We're using .media TLD for few months now and didn't have any problem with mailing, hosting and any other situations.
    Yes, we did have some minor issue with hosting as at that time our hosting company didn't update their filters/validators for domains with new TLDs so couldn't setup name servers properly but that was resolved in few minutes.

Mrtvac, Feb 24, 2015 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No, not all.. but most.

I've not seen any spam sent from .media

Most of the spam comes in on .us and other TLDs and gets' blocked. Aside from selling more domains, I've yet to see the value in any additional TLD.

Mia, Feb 24, 2015 IP
  6. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I also think it's a clever way to get more money out of people. Regardless, I see people registering these domains and setting up directories on them. Can't really say that it will take off though, I don't see that happening.

FPForum, Feb 24, 2015 IP
  7. choku

choku Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Mrtvac actually I think domains .com and .net are still the most authoritative and reliable for users.

choku, Feb 28, 2015 IP
  8. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    It can be a good choice. It really depends because you will be the one to promote and gain loyal audience to your website.

Dario McNut, Mar 11, 2015 IP