1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Xen Foro Ad Management

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by Revelations-Decoder, Jan 26, 2015.

Could people please show me their preferred methods of Ad management for Xen Foro forums please?

This is for adding ads (what type and where) on the forum and to include Google Adsense and how to best combine Adsense and other ads without breaking any of the rules set out by the likes of Google.

Any advice and pointers to ways of adding ads to Xen Foro forums would be gratefully appreciated and if you know of ways to add ads so they work "responsively" then even better!

Revelations-Decoder, Jan 26, 2015 IP
  2. Creaky

Creaky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Using [bd] Rotating ads addon at the moment. The adsense code is responsive but I use a couple of other ads that arent.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-rotating-ads.292/

If you dont want to use an addon just edit the templates and add your code there, the templates all start with ad_

Creaky, Feb 3, 2015 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It depends on how advanced you want to get really... We use this, and there is a XenForo addon that interfaces other sites with it if you want to be able to sell ad space automatically based on the area of the site, geographical location of the end user, etc.

https://advertising.digitalpoint.com/

Might be worth having a look at both the advertiser and publisher interface to see if it's what you would need or might just be overkill for what you are trying to do.

digitalpoint, Feb 7, 2015 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.
  5. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Nigel Lew and @Creaky thanks for the replies. @digitalpoint you are likely right on the "overkill" remark as I looked at that but decided I would need a lot bigger and busier forum to warrant it but the fact if defaults to Google ads does make it appealing though tbh...

I think I may have to look it over again Shawn as being able to sell ad space and have things revert to Adsense if no relevant ads are present is a real handy set up well worth exploring!

Revelations-Decoder, Feb 10, 2015 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  6. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    I just had a play about with things in my admin trying to get Digital Point Ad Positioning working on my forum after concluding my forum just wasn't busy enough for the other plugin yet this other one may do the job but I can't find the area the plugin tells me to look for to verify the permissions to use the plugin. Has me baffled presently! Anyone any ideas how to get it working properly?

Revelations-Decoder, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  7. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ehh, my server is down for a quick bit of maintenance but anytime you install something you have go check the permissions sets. Its somewhere in the admin. New stuff typically show up at the bottom. I even had that issue with a chat mod. Just had to go click a few things so folks could see it.

You are looking for this page basically https://xenforo.com/community/threa...p-permission-settings-in-a-single-page.47235/

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not sure what you mean by permissions to use the addon... You don't need special permissions to use it beyond the ability to install it under the Admin area.

digitalpoint, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  9. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    I seem to be having some problem with not knowing what to do with the Adsense crawler code as I tried to folow some directions to f=o do something in Adsense but it didn't have the paths mentioned and when I tried to just save the page with one ad in top box I got a php error that I don't have permission yet I should have full permission to do what I like in my Xen Foro admin panel.

Revelations-Decoder, Feb 21, 2015 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Can you post a screenshot of the error? There shouldn't be anything like that coming from addon.

digitalpoint, Feb 21, 2015 IP
  11. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    The error is just a page I get taken to that says I don't have php access permission like >

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /forum/admin.php on this server.

where I am on a page with the last part of the URL being >
    forum/admin.php?options/save/digitalpointPositionAds

But it is likely something I am doing wrong or some settings somewhere I am not sure how to set right that is causing it rather than the plugin it's self I think Shawn. It's just me being a clutz not getting something I should in Google Adsense from what I can figure out so far.

Revelations-Decoder, Feb 21, 2015 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That looks like a web server config issue not something from the application (XenForo).

digitalpoint, Feb 21, 2015 IP