1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiple click from same IP

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by DmitryS, Jun 4, 2014.

I checked my stats (https://advertising.digitalpoint.com/advertiser?action=clicks) and found that I got about 15 click from same IP (46.50.152.12) at same time and all clicks are charged.

DmitryS, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  2. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, I have same issue, same link, same IP same forum, same time... I am sure there should be some mechanism which is protecting this... I understand same user clicks multiple keywords in different forums but not 10+ more times in less than minute. Do you have such kind of protection?
    It happened to me in past several times but only randomly...

webmoney, Nov 8, 2014 IP
  3. zygote

zygote Member

Best Answers:
    Same happened to us. We got 9 clicks from the same ip in the same thread and the same minute and got charged for all. Isn't DP doing something to prevent charging for click abuse?

zygote, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What is the IP?

digitalpoint, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  5. zygote

zygote Member

Best Answers:
    187.158.111.185 (MX)

We did some research on the ip which is apparently in spam lists and a bot or blacklisted ip.

There are also many occurences of 2x and 3x clicks same minute or back to back on our reports. There should be some kind of
    preventing double charges if the ad is clicked more than once a minute. Thank you Digitalpoint for replying. We love you guys even
    though we buy more here than post we love the forums and appreciate you looking into this. :)

zygote, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There is a lot of stuff we do to prevent duplicate clicks and click fraud, but it's not always 100% unfortunately depending on how the user is doing it. In that particular case the system wasn't able to detect it automatically. Either way, the funds have been credited back.

digitalpoint, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  7. zygote

zygote Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you! :D

zygote, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  8. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see that it improved a lot in last weeks... can not see duplicate clicks any more.

webmoney, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  9. angelica c

angelica c Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Congratulations!
    I hope this is not only for you, but include all advertisers! We also look into advertise on this forum in the near future, but many clicks alone will not bring us any luck...

I worry much about this.
    Also, in the other thread there are only unhappy users. Maybe they all have the wrong idea about the cost of advertising!? It could very well be... Maybe the happy users are just silent? Why post something that is not a problem!? I think it's quite possible.

So, only unhappy users is not a reason for me/us alone not to try DP as an advertisement platform.

angelica c, Feb 20, 2015 IP