1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feature Changes To Domains/Sites Marketplace...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Feb 16, 2015.

There are going to be some major changes to the Domain and Site marketplace...
    • Tabbed interface (domain info, bid history and discussion are 3 different tabs for each sale)
    • Instant Pay is going to be required.
    • Buyers can't buy something for the Buy It Now price without paying for it first (can't put in a bid and then not pay)
    • You can see sellers country and transaction history at a glance (including how many disputes have happened against them).
    • The bid history tab will show every bidders feedback history (including transactions they paid for and the total value of those transactions).
    • Thumbnails for the site.
    • Listing domains/sites will NOT require you to be Established/Premium.
    More data is coming in automatically...
    • Google Analytics API can be used still (and highly recommended for all sellers), but it's bringing in more data now... Things like Bounce Rate, Session Duration, Pages Per Session, Top Countries, Top Traffic Sources, etc.
    • Revenue charts will combine AdSense data and Google Analytics eCommerce data into a single stacked chart showing month to month revenue for the site being sold.
    More types of data...
    • Can quickly see things like webserver used, top pages (more trafficked pages) on the site
    To see an example of how the new layout looks when a seller has linked Analytics and AdSense data, you can see an example here: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/sofasetsdesign-com.258072/domain

At some point, the old domain data/bidding info, etc. that is at the top of the threads will simply go away and be replaced completely with the tabs.

It's still a work in progress, which is why you still have access to the old views/methods, so if you have suggestions or find issues, now is the time.

digitalpoint, Feb 16, 2015 IP
    Mkcoy, Fiverscripts, Nusaint and 3 others like this.
  2. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    THANK YOU !

I am excited !

sundaybrew, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nusaint and sundaybrew like this.
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The ability to create new domain/site threads is now gone (it's no longer "creating a thread"). It's done here now: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/domain/sell (there is a button that takes you there where the old "Post New Thread" button was in those sections).

The exception is that for the "Buying" threads... still done the old way (I thought about doing away with the Buying threads completely since they cause a lot of support issues). For now, they are still available, but restricted to just premium members and we'll see how it goes with them. Personally I'd like to see them go away.

So domain/site sales are available to all members now (you don't need to be established), and domain/site buying threads are restricted to premium for now.

5. Nusaint

Nusaint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Very well done Shawn. Very well done. So I'm guessing the discussion tab is where sales copy will go?

Regards

Nusaint, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yep... For now. We'll see how it goes as far as spammy stuff and might move the first post to the domain info page.

It's all a work in progress.

7. Nusaint

Nusaint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    OK. I will monitor this and see how it goes. I have some pointers that I think might go a long way with UX but knowing you, you probably have it covered. I like this. Good job.

Nusaint, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Starting to see the microdata stuff directly in Google results now... the ones with star ratings are the user's who have seller feedback ratings on their account.

[​IMG]

digitalpoint, Feb 17, 2015 IP
    Nusaint and Smyrl like this.
  9. superfrankie

superfrankie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So for people living in countries where PayPal doesn't exist, its a good-bye time to DP..

superfrankie, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Might integrate other payment methods in the future if any support chained payments. Looking at adding Stripe in the future. But yes... Without a method to handle payments, it's not going to be possible to sell stuff.

digitalpoint, Feb 18, 2015 IP
    Nusaint likes this.
  11. TopForum.Ir

TopForum.Ir Active Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn, changes effected bump option? I can't find that...

TopForum.Ir, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's the "Relist" button.

digitalpoint, Mar 28, 2015 IP