1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's your thoughts on Tumblr and Pinterest?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Matthew D, Feb 6, 2015.

Right now Tumblr is the fastest growing Social Network currently. It's basically neck and neck between that and Pinterest. With Advertising starting with Pinterest soon however I expect that skyrocket and become one of the best Social Networking sites via the internet.

Thoughts?

Matthew D, Feb 6, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think all social networking is a great source of potential, high quality traffic. I tend to get most of my social media traffic from Facebook, but all traffic is a goods thing. :)

danasurvey, Feb 8, 2015 IP
    briguy likes this.
  3. HostHub.io

HostHub.io Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook will reign for some time on, but you're right Tumblr and mostly Pinterest start to become more important, too. Their purpose is different also. Pinterest and Tumblr being associated with pictures mostly.

HostHub.io, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  4. preciousns

preciousns Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I use pinterest all the time, and find it a very great source of traffic. I have more of a following on tumblr, but I've found it easier to market my website and products on pinterest. Like danasurvey said, all social media is a great source of traffic.

preciousns, Feb 12, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Depends on your niche. My 17yo "reblogs" on tumblr but never adds anything new - and refuses to use pinterest because it's lame. I'm the absolute opposite. You go where the money is.

sarahk, Feb 12, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  6. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are comparing them as a point of SEO, then I would say that both are important sites because they are high traffic generating sites.

King-Servers, Feb 12, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    don't you have to consider whether your prospective customers are using them though?

If you're selling hair chalk you'll go to where the kids are
    If you're selling menopause supplements you'll go to where the 50yo women are

It might be both, but unless we know the OP's niche we can't say for certain.

sarahk, Feb 12, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  8. thewriteone2345

thewriteone2345 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook is still number one for me. But as they say, nothing stays at the top. But all forms of social media are great source of traffic.

I also agree with this, depends on what you intend to use the social media site for.

thewriteone2345, Feb 12, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  9. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it can be said any better. :)

danasurvey, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  10. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    From my personal experience, tumblr focus on a very young audience. And when i say young i mean teens. You can easily see that from the posts there, there are mostly funny/awkward/cool things that trend. Also I've seen a lot of people having different sexual preferences posting there.
    On the other hand pinterest is used by more mature people, mostly looking for beautiful but in a good taste way. Something classy, mannered.

So it's mostly about your audience. Which one do you target most with your content? And that should be your pick.
    btw , i am doing much better with pinterest and i am growing every single day with no effort. The only "secret" that i have is that all the pins are from my website and i follow back all those who follow me.
    Hope this helps, cheers

King Manu, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  11. pactive

pactive Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Like Danasurvey, most of my sites get a lot of traffic from facebook, but Tumblr/Pinterest are great for sharing images and getting traffic that way. I have never had anything "blow up" on Tumblr/Pinterest, but I am still waiting ;)

pactive, Feb 17, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  12. alicemarvin23

alicemarvin23 Member

Best Answers:
    Both are great platforms but I now a days Pinterest is much more powerful as compare to Tumblr. After Facebook and Twitter, Pinterest is ranked as the 3rd most popular social networking site. Pinterest became the fourth largest traffic source in the world

alicemarvin23, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  13. Eitan Kuniz

Eitan Kuniz Member

Best Answers:
    I think that Tumblr and Pinterest are websites with high PR and they can be very useful.

Eitan Kuniz, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  14. lemontwist

lemontwist Member

Best Answers:
    From the previous posts you have already surmised that a lot depends on who/what you are using the sites for. Lots of variables! For me, Pinterest has been fantastic! I have not only gotten jobs from it, but it has helped fill up classes I have periodically through the year. Facebook has been the best, followed by Linkedin, then Pinterest. Twitter, not so much and Tumblr I rarely use.

lemontwist, Mar 25, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  15. Cherell M

Cherell M Member

Best Answers:
    Tumblr is a great place to make money if you use it right and understand the demographic of Tumblr users. Most people on Tumblr are between 20-34. There's also lots of high schoolers. Many of them are artists and/or introverts who would rather spend their time reblogging pictures of the outdoors instead of actually going outside to experience the outdoors. So if you're trying to sell a product on how to make money online, they're likely to eat it up, if the price is reasonable.

Oh yeah, they also like cats, pizza, and Dr. Who so if you can somehow incorporate those 3 things, you're a winner! LOL!

Pinterest on the other hand is also a really good place to make money from your products. The average Pinterest user is a mom searching for inspiration for DIY projects, interior design, fashion, and things to BUY. It's a really great traffic source full of buyers and lots of them are interested in working from home - so if you're selling a product in that niche, you'll be good. I'd say to just make sure your image is appealing and "pinnable".

Needless to say, Facebook will always reign supreme.

Cherell M, Mar 26, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  16. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    I see pinterest growing and tumblr seeing how visually attractive they are. But that's right facebook still stand out for it offers almost everything a social media needs. Twitter also because most famous personalities or people tweets almost a lot.

masterbusiness, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  17. debbiec12323

debbiec12323 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both, Tumblr and Pinterest are very visual social networks, so if the product/service you intend to sell or if your audience is in any of these sites, create an account and share right away. I'm certain they're going to have an even higher reach in the next months.

debbiec12323, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  18. GreenLionNet

GreenLionNet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Tumblr is more of a micro blogging site while pinterest is where you pin images, however both are good websites for generating traffic.

GreenLionNet, Apr 28, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  19. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use tumblr all the time but just by sharing content. I don't know how you guys make money from it?
    I hope you can give us some tips..

Patricia Ann Lee, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  20. spacehades

spacehades Active Member

Best Answers:
    In terms of getting traffic, facebook is stil the best for me even they reduce the post reach every now and then.

spacehades, May 8, 2015 IP