1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First Steps To Finding Customers

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Gavin77, Jan 12, 2015.

1. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to business finding the right person is important.
    Exactly, (Content) this is how we reach our targeted audience to be able to have engagement and establish in the related field.

KylieSweet, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  2. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I may be confused about this, but this is what I understand -
    Target audience is something which comprises the people you're writing a piece of content for.
    Customers (on the other hand) are people you do business with.
    The questions you've asked pertain more to the first type rather than the second. Yes, the two overlap or are the same e.g. when you're writing a copy the purpose of which is to attract more prospects to your business and convert them, in which case these questions can be asked for engaging the target audience AS WELL AS finding more customers. However, I don't think they can be applied in all cases where you're hunting for more potential business.
    This thread is mainly about how to find more clients for your copywriting business, NOT about how to write an engaging copy for your target audience.

Am I misunderstanding or missing anything? :rolleyes:

Content Maestro, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  3. Prince Nayan

Prince Nayan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many website about it and u can search google typing the keyword.

Prince Nayan, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  4. KylieSweet

Best Answers:
    Yeah i know! Don't mind to remind me :)

How can you find more clients for the copy writing business if you do not have nothing to offer like latest and interesting content about your business?

Is there anything funny in our conversation?

KylieSweet, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  5. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Thanks.:)
    You don't seem to get that writing engaging content for your target audience and finding customers for your business are two completely different things, though, they can overlap in some cases as I mentioned already. There are many ways to find customers for your business other than writing copy or content, such as through social media, networking, referrals, cold-calling, emailing etc. These methods do need some 'content', but it's very different from writing latest and interesting content about your business.
    I couldn't see anything, but if you can find it out, please let me know.:)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Content Maestro, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  6. KylieSweet

Best Answers:
    How can you find more clients for the copy writing business if you do not have nothing to offer like latest and interesting content about your business?
    Two different things? Are you serious?
    So how can you find customers if you don't have something to offer? Answer me?
    So let me clear it out to you:
    This method is a way to find your users and providing them what they need and expectation through content as well as definitely finding potential customers. Is this different things to you?

How can you interact with them through "social media, networking, referrals, cold-calling, emailing etc." if you don't have content?
    Then suddenly you stated "These methods do need some 'content', but it's very different from writing latest and interesting content about your business." Need some content but still different from writing latest and interesting content about your business??
    So how can you write content if it is not latest and interesting about you business?

Is there anything funny in our conversation?
    So here it is.
    Did you see the icon?

KylieSweet, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  7. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Latest and interesting content about your business is just one of the things you offer to your customers. I already mentioned that there are other ways apart from writing copy to hunt for more prospects.
    LOL. Can't figure out what makes you think I'm joking, but I never said you can find customers when you have nothing to offer. The discussion going on between us is about the difference between writing engaging content and finding customers for your business and not about what you should or should not offer them. So, please try to stay to the point.:)
    Seems like this is going back and forth endlessly. D:< Do I need to tell you again that these two do overlap in some cases (as I already said about 2-3 times), but essentially, they are two completely different things?
    If you read my sentence CAREFULLY, you will see that I deliberately included the word content in quotes when I used it for the first time in that sentence. I think it's enough for you to understand that this is any general content I'm talking about here. Of course, nothing can do without 'content'. Something has to be there. It's dazzlingly obvious.:) Can you imagine sending blank emails to potential clients? [​IMG] But when you say latest and interesting content about your business, it's content that specifically pertains to your copy or advertisement.
    This shouldn't and doesn't need any further elaboration.

LOL. Very funny indeed.:D

On a side note, I see the whole difference has arisen out of what's being conceptualized as 'content' and 'finding customers for your business'. It may mean different things to different people.
    Anyway, this discussion is not really going anywhere and I don't intend to contend further with you. I just hope to get my point across as I'm trying to see and understand yours. I'm glad I had the opportunity to know your perspectives about the said things and share mine as well.:)

Good luck to you with everything. Cheers. :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    Content Maestro, Feb 9, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  8. KylieSweet

Best Answers:
    Likewise :)

KylieSweet, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  9. Gavin77

Gavin77 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, thanks for all your help on here. I have moved more from copywriting and more into content writing and marketing. However copywriting is still a big part of what I will be doing.

I made a website if you guys want to check it out and give some feedback : gcsmarketingsolutions.com

I have a another freelancer I might be collaborating with, thus using the 'we' a lot. And FYI, yes that background is a solar panel haha

Also feel free if anyone wants to talk copywriting or marketing outside of these forums, my email is:

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    Gavin77, May 20, 2015 IP
  10. ADNattan

ADNattan Active Member

Best Answers:
    "Allow us to do the busy work"

Well, that's underselling the benefits of copywriting/sales-focused content.

That reads to me as "You could probably do this yourself. Call us if you can't be mithered."

ADNattan, May 31, 2015 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  11. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    One friend of mine is a copywriter and his way was much simppler - he signed up at godsofcontent.biz (because theu provide a free training course) and several other agencies, worked for them for several months, gained experience and several regular customers favored him. Then hey trust e quitted working for agencies, concentrated on these several customers and works for them for the last few years. They trust him, he knows what they need, they recommend him to their friends, his portfolio grows, his income is enough to pay for a living and have vacations several times a year.
    He thinks of starting his ownagency and currently builds the team of dedicated writers... I think this is a good way for a copywriter.

H0stZealot, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  12. Gavin77

Gavin77 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good point, thanks, I'll change that. How does it look overall? I know it might seem a bit unfocused. I basically want to just help companies take advantage of twitter, facebook, linkedin, and their website in order to bring in new business by writing good copy.

Gavin77, Jun 1, 2015 IP
    ADNattan likes this.
  13. reynescabruner

reynescabruner Member

Best Answers:
    Try your ideas though. It may sound a good anyway. I'm just not sure if it's really effective, but who knows? Good luck!

reynescabruner, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  14. livandos

livandos Member

Best Answers:
    you wish and first present main deal.
    more speaks, more clients.
    after offer deal, step second. IMho

livandos, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  15. thewriteone2345

thewriteone2345 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For tips for you bro. Hope it will help you.
    1. Advertising. The key to advertising successfully is to generate promising leads in exchange for the money you spend.
    2. Networking and referrals. Landing referrals from networking or past business associations isn't just a cheap way to pick up new business.
    3. Teaming up. Another way to leverage available resources is through what's known as a "host-beneficiary" arrangement.
    4. Strategic Alliances. You might take that partnership a step further and form what's known in the industry as a "strategic alliance." While a host beneficiary relationship is generally a one-time or short-term commitment, strategic alliances can sometimes last for many years.

thewriteone2345, Jul 8, 2015 IP
  16. PatrickReeves

PatrickReeves Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you find a client you would like to write for, go ahead and write up a piece on their company. Or maybe check out their website and find errors in their content already up. Offer a free consultation and what you can provide for them and why it would benefit them. Explain just how important great content is.

The old create a problem and give a solution model still works to this day. Just be prepared for lots of rejection. You may get a 5% return on your inquiries, its just part of the game.

You could also go on sites like oDesk and do some cheap work just to get a few samples to show. At least then your getting paid something for creating a portfolio.

PatrickReeves, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  17. Splash Copywriters

Splash Copywriters Peon

Best Answers:
    That's the great thing about copywriting - every business needs copy.

Find a website or advert that's rubbish, rewrite it and give it to them for free. Best way to create a client I think.

Splash Copywriters, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  18. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of ways of getting established as a writer. I've been doing it for years. PM me and I can help.

thefandango, Sep 4, 2015 IP