1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Incentivized Site?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by HF Evan, Feb 1, 2015.

Hi all,

I am in the process of creating a site (forum) which will reward users points for making posts & completing tasks. These points will then be redeemable for things like Gift Cards, as well as other prizes.

As I understand from AdSense ToS posts (although a few years old), they prohibit any site being added which incentivizes users to "complete offers & make searches". Users on this site would be completing tasks & making forum posts in return for a reward, which I think may fall under this category.

Does anybody know if Google AdSense still prohibit these kind of sites from being added? If so, could anyone recommend a network that does allow these kind of sites to partake?

Thanks

HF Evan, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  2. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No. It does not violate their TOS. You are encouraging users to be active on your site. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

ablaye, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  3. HF Evan

HF Evan Member

Best Answers:
    I saw a quote on a blog (dated back in 2011 though) with a quote from the ToS of AdSense, something along the lines of:

"Not allowed:
    - Incentivize users to perform actions on your site, not limited to making searches, completing tasks, and reading emails".

Is this not the case? Do you by any chance know of somewhere I can review the ToS simply without having to go through a million pages at Google to find everything?

HF Evan, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  4. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I may be wrong but it would probably be not allowed, quote from the terms:
    https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/48182

malky66, Feb 2, 2015 IP