1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hotelscombined is a Scam

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by etc, Jul 3, 2013.

1. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Disagree, it's quite right that you have to remind them about your payout, however, they do pay, got paid twice, total $214

IG2010, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  2. tareq msn

tareq msn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear sir in Hotelscombined please send my earning for this Id's no. because I will fly and I need money
    ID: 123045
    ID: 107800
    Thank you

tareq msn, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  3. tareq msn

tareq msn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear sir in Hotelscombined thank you for sending my earning for my account but on the next day I received a message from you say that:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    subject: HotelsCombined Temporary Account Suspension - Affiliate ID 107800

Dear Shereen

We review all affiliate accounts regularly based on booking conversion data provided by our compared suppliers (booking sites). We do this to ensure that quality traffic and maximum commission earnings are maintained for all affiliate partners.

During our recent review, we have noticed an issue with the traffic being generated from your account. Specifically, we analysed over 350 leads tracked to your account since April 2014, and found that there has been some quality issues with your traffic, as there have only been 5 bookings generated from your account over that period.

We need to analyse the traffic and bookings in detail to help resolve this issue. While we do this, your affiliate account access has been temporarily disabled. Please note that all leads and commission generated through your existing affiliate links are still being tracked towards your account. Once we find that your traffic has generated confirmed booking revenue for our compared suppliers, your account access will be enabled.

Our affiliate support team is always here to help if you have any questions, or if you need any assistance. Please contact us on to discuss this matter further.

Thank you

Regards,

Agata

Affiliate Support

-------------------------------------------------
    so, I stopped all the affiliate links in my website and I will replace it with booking.com if you dont open it

tareq msn, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  4. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    They are not going to open it. This is what they do. They suspend accounts and run off of getting your free traffic. Sometimes a person disables their links and most times people just let the site sit around for a year or so.

DinoJRG, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  5. lovekills_s

lovekills_s Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alright, Now this scares me big time!

I have been working with HotelsCombined, and recently was able to divert some quality traffic through Google to them. I am a member with them since quite some time but kept them dormant sine I've had quite other breakthroughs. Offlate, I was able to send traffic through Google to them and the stats did update to showing :

Unpaid earnings: $521
    Paid earnings: $0.00
    Next payment amount: $521
    Next payment due: 25 - 30 March

That is 2 days of data.. Just came across this thread and not just this one, but a lot of others as well. Everyone is complaining that HotelsCombined.com Affiliate Program is a Scam..

Which makes me worries, I have spent a lot in generating the traffic and if I am not able to recover the amount, I will be facing a loss.

After reading to, what seems like horror stories, I am worried, if they are actually going to close the account. The leads they have got are purely from Google and that perhaps, should have converted. Well, my standalone hotel affiliate programs do convert that way.

As of now, I have stopped the traffic inflow and Unless they themselves clear this mist off, I wont be re-starting any of my campaigns.

I urge HotelsCombined.com to have a look at my account before hand and BE Transparent with the stats, before issuing a account closure on baseless reasons.

To everyone, do you guys recommend any other CPL program for hotels? Or should I just wait for their response? As per the information on the web, they are 99.9% going to close my account because of NO reason, and leave me unpaid for my efforts.

I am pretty skeptical about continuing with them until, they themselves come up and take a look and transparently inform about what they intend to do with my account & with all the $'s i made.

If you guys can read this, please revert back and I will then inform the Aff ID for you to have a look.

lovekills_s, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  6. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    Lovekills, they don't always ban you straight away. For myself, I was paid a few times. There's a guy on here who I know that's been paid 8 months in a row. You probably will get paid, but you will get banned eventually.

DinoJRG, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  7. lovekills_s

Best Answers:
    This would be my first payment with them, I hope they pay for the converted traffic atleast. I am sure, there must have been quite some bookings for them..The amount will reach $1500 within the next 10 days.. well, I hope they do pay out and maintain a reputation. If they do, I will perhaps post a proof of the payment and that would in turn debunk their conspiracy theories for a while, maybe..

lovekills_s, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  8. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha, it's not conspiracy. This is what they do. Dude, they are so bad they have employees selling blogs using their affiliates. lol

$1,500 before you've ever been paid.......I changed my mind. You are not going to get paid for sure. lol. Don't forget to come back to let us know about that:)

DinoJRG, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  9. lovekills_s

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, thought so too.. I am going to screw them big time online if they don't pay.. There are still some remains of their good reputation at some spots online.. They will be nuked! I will toss a nuclear bomb to their "remains" of reputation online..

Yes, the amount will reach $1500, its $800 right now and the more money I put in my campaigns, the more it grows..But I have stopped now until they pay up first..till then, I will keep doing my regular stuff than to promote them..

lovekills_s, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  10. signal27

signal27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hotelscombined is a scam i agree.
    they closed my account without reason
    and they didn't reply my messages.

signal27, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  11. The Peoples SEO

The Peoples SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use them, never heard of them, could careless, but why is this a problem? :D

Most people know that not all traffic converts well, I'm pretty sure 95% of the traffic sent there is probably bad traffic, but why should they care??? It's not like they are paying for the traffic being sent to their site. I don't care if a millions leads are sent, and only 5 of them convert, it's didn't cost them a cent for that traffic. "Quality traffic" cost money, if you don't like the traffic your affiliates are sending, THEN PAY FOR THE TRAFFIC YOURSELF :D

Like I said I don't know or care about that company, but if you read bad reviews about it, and still decided to promote them, you only have yourself to blame :D

The Peoples SEO, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  12. Nectarios

Nectarios Member

Best Answers:
    Hi lovekills_s
    Any news on your case? Did you get paid?

Nectarios, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  13. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If an affiliate program is changing their link then stay away? that's super bad.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  14. mark ginn

mark ginn Active Member

Best Answers:
    they did this when i signed up 4 years ago and closed my account.

think i posted on warrior about it somewhere along the line

mark ginn, Apr 7, 2015 IP
  15. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    looks like they have had some problems with quite few affiliates lately [​IMG]

IG2010, May 10, 2015 IP
  16. bimasakti

bimasakti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    reputable company is not a warranty to not doing scam OR skimming. I join your network since 2012, and earning stagnant on $20.00 no more. :cool: (Lazada was big company and reputable, but they doing skimming on their affiliate using Google Adwords served on their website :rolleyes:)
    after these mess, i move to Agoda, but since my earning increase sharply, Agoda has been starts skimming on my affiliate link and change to a new cookie by a blog that operate on Agoda IP network.. when i ask 'em, ah great they answer my complain and question with termination and deactivated my account.. absolutely they dont pay my earning *read: Agoda skimming activity

bimasakti, May 11, 2015 IP
  17. lahbabi zakariae

lahbabi zakariae Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Redress company
    I deleted my account by more than $ 1000

[​IMG]

lahbabi zakariae, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  18. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once again, payment are delayed and need to contatc them again and again

IG2010, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  19. +kool+

+kool+ Active Member

Best Answers:
    lovekills, have you been paid? I was looking around for hotel affiliate and got people recommended for this network, but after read all the review, it scared shit out of me.. also i've been sending them question before start promoting them and until now i never had any reply yet..

any other good hotel affiliate network out there?

+kool+, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  20. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I never heard of that particular site, but based on what I've read it sounds pretty fishy.

mentat47, Jul 17, 2015 IP