1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A new job search engine

Discussion in 'Websites' started by qwikad.com, Oct 19, 2014.

Right now I am targeting the US, but it can find job openings anywhere in the world. Based on a careerjet's API.

Like it? Hate it? Did it bring up jobs for your particular area?

http://fastjobster.com

Your input will be appreciated.

qwikad.com, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  2. rameyshaun

rameyshaun Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey qwikad, heres my review;

Domain : nice n catchy domain you have, all the best for your site (10/10)
    Content : Nice niche and easy-to-use UI , love the font and the way search displays plus its a unique, good luck (10/10)
    Design : You have catchy design, its simple , loads fast and most importantly user friendly !! so thumbs up (10/10)
    Overall : I Like it as far as my review is concern, its a win-win for u :) good luck with your project n earn hard ;) (10/10)

Regards,
    Shaun

rameyshaun, Oct 19, 2014 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I really appreciate it. It's very encouraging to read a review like this.

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Looks good, it's fast and even brought up Auckland jobs

be careful with bullet points both in the listing and in the search results
    upload_2014-10-20_9-53-53.png

Might be more user friendly if the email label is omitted if there isn't valid data and if urls are clickable.

upload_2014-10-20_9-55-5.png

sarahk, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  5. qwikad.com

Best Answers:

Thank you for the suggestion. Will have to look into whether or not I can omit the email labels if there is no valid data.

Do you think setting a different charset may take care of those bullets? Right now it's UTF-8. Not sure which one could take care of it.

6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You might just have to add a str_replace to the grooming section of your code each time you find one of those problems. UTF-8 would be the norm.

sarahk, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  7. CYCchips

CYCchips Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I like it 1st impressed me
    White background feel good
    like it
    really machin Favicon
    overall 8 out of 10 ;)

CYCchips, Oct 21, 2014 IP
  8. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I have completely re-vamped the site. The one before looked more like a white page with a search engine on it.

http://FastJobster.com

Lately, I've been pondering the whole idea of a site's trustworthiness. Let's say you happen to stop by this site, would you stick around? Does it look like a good, solid job search engine to you that you would want to use?

Thanks!

qwikad.com, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  9. FCM

FCM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello

I've been in this industry for a little while since (2008) I can tell you that you are on the
    right track, but I can also tell you that you are going to need more than job search to
    become successful in this industry (unless you attracts millions) you need to add
    resume searching (at least get resume uploads for now) . Design is okay not the best but
    not the worse i've seen either.

FCM, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  10. KatnisEverdeen

KatnisEverdeen Peon

Best Answers:
    I liked the look of the site as soon as it loaded up. I then entered my city and 220 jobs in my area popped up. So yes, I think that the site is good and works well. Very easy to use. I would recommend it if someone I knew was looking for a job. Good work. Keep it up

KatnisEverdeen, Jan 12, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  11. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Not sure about adding a resume submission option, but I was thinking about adding an option for employers to add featured jobs (featured jobs will be displayed at the top of the regular listings). That way I can add another revenue stream. I doubt anyone will be interested in paid resume submission.

qwikad.com, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  12. FCM

FCM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jobs alone are not going to make you successful. You definitely need job submission, but you also need other things that are going to separate you from the rest. There are thousands of job boards out there. I know I helped build a lot of them. I'm telling you this just as advice ( I would normally charge you $100.00 an hour for this info ). Resume submission isn't that hard to do and you are crazy for not collecting it if people want to submit it - you could charge $1.00 a resume or monthly fees to access the database. Seriously think about this. Whats going to make you different from Indeed, SimplyHired, JuJu, Jobs2Careers (distribution) and the vast others? You have to answer that question. Either you have to tailor towards job seekers (little to no money) or you have to tailor towards employers (has the money) finding the middle ground between both is ideal - but always go after where the money is so you can fund where the money is not. You're in this to make money right? Not just a pet project?

FYI Look at these website:
    http://www.jobboardsecrets.com
    http://jobboarders.com

FCM, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  13. Nista123

Nista123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very good work.
    Keep it up!

Nista123, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  14. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I went ahead and redid my site again. I really like how it looks / functions now: http://FastJobster.com

Since you mentioned (and I can't promise I'll purchase anything), do you know of a good, easy to install / integrate with the current job search site script that accepts Paypal payments for resume / job submissions?

I do have one, but it has a dozen of other functions which make the script heavy. I'll use it if nothing else that I like comes across.

Thanks!

qwikad.com, Jan 18, 2015 IP
  15. John Osel O. Diaz

John Osel O. Diaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The site is pretty good and descent. It's great that you have a lot of jobs available for the public (6 million jobs that's a lot). One thing though, your logo. The jobster word looks like lobster. Maybe elongate the letter "L". But all in all the site is really good.

John Osel O. Diaz, Jan 18, 2015 IP
  16. FCM

FCM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should look at some free solutions - such a simply-partner.com or jobboard.io - grab them XML feed and embed it into your search results set up a subdomain like "EMPLOYERS" or something to get it they handle the payments etc. ) i recommend jobboard.io

FCM, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  17. wordslinger

wordslinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    The concept/idea is quietly brilliant. The design of the site is simple but nice and the domain is wisely chosen. When I was looking for jobs in my city, I got 97 results and I guess this is a big number that the site is working totally fine. The categories make the job easy to be found out.

Good luck with your site.

wordslinger, Jan 30, 2015 IP