1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest Logo for a neurologist - 100 USD

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by prion, Dec 27, 2014.

1. friedbass

friedbass Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @prion

I am sure you know already, but, I would check how widely the mark has been used, gather what they have vested, see what they will let it go for.

I actually was contacted by a fairly large company about a logo I had done. I contacted the client and they agreed to part with it as they only used it on a Google ad sense site.

We all exchanged releases, did some revisions and boom.. everyone was happy.

friedbass, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  2. prion

prion Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @friedbass

as mentioned I contacted the other guy (but don´t have an answer yet). And in fact it would be no big deal to me if I used that logo in Austria as a neurologist while it´s used in another language´s webblog... but what I am really angry about somehow is the WAY HOW I got to know that, and the way how it´s tried to being justified by excuses... but as I mentioned before I can only judge correctly wether it would be worth it when I have received the answer of the other guy.

prion, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  3. friedbass

friedbass Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    indeed...

4. Skaritza

Skaritza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This guy...rxzor...is really starting to piss me off...this is the 1000th time he is caught cheating, and despite that, he is still talking, man, if you can't be a designer, please don't, get out of here.

Skaritza, Jan 7, 2015 IP
    katesrobyn, Todd Duquette and iulia87 like this.
  5. rxzor

rxzor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Look who's talking - you and your Romanian friend Iulian. Typical hotheads who love plagiarism. Please stay put because I will soon reveal more than 80% of your fraudulous "work". If you copy them from other logo contest websites, images that can't be found through a Google image search, it doesn't mean I can't find them.

rxzor, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  6. effectivebrain

effectivebrain Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Guys, calm down.

I'm an actual and only owner of this logo. As far as I and the law of my country (law of contract fullfillment) is concerned, there is no actual need for a "bilaterall agreement" or anything like that. The contract doesn't have to be in writing in order to be effective, sorry! So by the laws of my country (actually, I'm a lawyer by training), me amd rxzor have made a concludent contract with terms common to this kind of trade.

Rxzor: you're just a scammer if you are dealing with me and other the way you do.

effectivebrain, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  7. Iulian M.

Iulian M. Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Romanian friend? You're Romanian too, remember? I invite you to reveal my "fraudulous" designs.:cool:

Iulian M., Jan 7, 2015 IP
    iulia87 likes this.
  8. iulia87

iulia87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think that @effectivebrain or @prion should report this incident to the staff..or write an email to the moderators, because there is a really high chance that other contest holders will get scammed by this guy. And his attitude is unbelievable:confused:

iulia87, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  9. rxzor

rxzor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm sorry I brought you up into this but I'm afraid you actually don't understand the governance of contracts and intellectual property. Let me get mention this the last time. There is no such CONCLUDENT contract when it comes up to INTELLECTUAL rights. If it comes up to prove you own it, what license will you provide? What if I file a suit against you for using my work? Of course, it won't happen but what if? This has nothing to do with your country laws, but international law bound between states, unless you registered your logo out there, did you?

If I knew you all would bother a lot about this we could of filled an IP agreement.

I don't see what staff has to do with an issue that violates no rules. Stay away if you got nothing smart to say.

rxzor, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  10. FlashD

FlashD Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First of all you are also a Romanian, and the biggest cheater here.

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...-other-peoples-designs.2736444/#post-19102643

And who knows how many CH has been scammed...

Also he has another account Al3x3y

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    FlashD, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  11. Todd Duquette

Todd Duquette Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @rxzor, you serious? You can't sell the same logo to two users. Esecially if @prion wants FULL RIGHTS and a unique/exclusive logo.

Todd Duquette, Jan 7, 2015 IP
    asiayears likes this.
  12. rxzor

rxzor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I know that brain disorder is a really an issue, but I haven't though it's actually contagious.

rxzor, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  13. effectivebrain

effectivebrain Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Rxzor

I stated in the conditions of the contest that I'll be the owner of the final design I choose. Although the conditions are down now (first post), I have screenshots and witnesses to prove this. There are no requirements regarding the form.

But I don't even need this! It is a COMMON PRACTICE on this forum (common practice is an actual legal term) about the rights of the work handed to the contest holder which says that upon payment, all the rights are transfered to the contest holder.

Certainly it would be nice to have an IP agreement and I would take my words about "scammer" back if you hand it to me, but in no way do I need it in case of defending myself in a lawsuit. It would just be a bit more difficult, thats it.

guideline and Todd Duquette like this.
  14. rxzor

rxzor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

How should I know it's common practice on the forum? I end up having an IP agreement with most of my clients and as you didn't request one, I assumed you would not bother if I use it again. I must mention again that's LEGAL.

I'll retract my entry for this contest then. Never though people are so hostile around here.

rxzor, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  15. effectivebrain

effectivebrain Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Rxzor

You really thought I would pay $60 for a logo wothout demanding rights to it?

How should you know? Look around... it should be fairly obvious it's a common practice to anyone being on this forum for longer than 2 hours.

If you honestly thought I don't demand the rights and if your intentiona were clear, I don't have nothing against it.

But I would you to realize and acknowledfe that this design was made for me and I'm the owner. And that it's actually a common practice to hand rights upon payment.

Iulian M. likes this.
  16. rxzor

rxzor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's not common practice for me as I end up having a talk with each one of my clients via private messages. It might be common practice for logos under $200.

Again, sorry for dragging you into this. I just hope you understand the gravity of this situation and acknowledge the fact you didn't even bother licensing what you purchased.

rxzor, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  17. Todd Duquette

Todd Duquette Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @rxzor, if you ask @digitalpoint about how he feels, I am sure he will conclude the same thing: You don't sell the same logo design to two persons.

And if you private message individuals without stating whether or not you are selling rights, that's the same thing as scamming and being untrustworthy.

Simply put, @prion stated he wanted FULL rights and a unique logo...yet you still entered the contest with that logo. How is that unique? let us know.

Todd Duquette, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  18. guideline

guideline Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @rxzor you talk about IP as some kind of ivolving HUGE multinational-international design project, you just using that argument as merely scapegoat.
    Are you run out of ideas and that's why you smuggled your already bought logo via PM?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    guideline, Jan 7, 2015 IP
    exilegraphics, iulia87 and FlashD like this.
  19. friedbass

friedbass Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    For those that don't know - IP stands for Intellectual Property.

20. asiayears

asiayears Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Rxzor also tried to enter this design into one of my other contests.

As far as I'm concerned the guy is a cheat, ruining the credibility of outsourced design. Legal IP laws etc aside, we all know what people are looking for when they outsource designs, and subsequently what is expected from designers... Rxzor shows no respect for that...

Attached Files:

asiayears, Jan 8, 2015 IP