1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where can I find content writers for my website?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by duzap, Jan 5, 2015.

Hello,

I have started a website which has the same idea as ViralNova / BuzzFeed / Upworthy etc...

Now I am looking for people who will write original articles for me and I will pay them per article.

Where is the best place to look for content writers?

Solved! View solution.
    duzap, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  2. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It depends how much you want to spend. If it's not much, you can try out the content creation section here, or look at sites like Elance and Freelancer. If you have a larger budget, try searching for copywriting companies in Google. On the whole, you tend to get what you pay for, so if you want to compete with the sites you mentioned, you'd be better hiring a professional writer.

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  3. UncommonTrend

UncommonTrend Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I personally prefer oDesk; post your job listing and budget, secure payment, and many of the workers wish to pursue a long-lasting business relationship.

UncommonTrend, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  4. duzap

duzap Active Member

Best Answers:
    How can I post a job if I am not a company? I am just an individual that is looking for content writers.

My budget is not big. I am willing to pay $10 per article, that's the maximum right now. If it will bring me great revenues then of course I would increase that amount.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
    duzap, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  5. CYCchips

CYCchips Active Member

Best Answers:
    i saw few posts their few content writes here in DP you can go through posts and sells items then you can find few,,

CYCchips, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  6. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need to run a company. Plenty of people are in the same situation as you and hire writers.

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  7. UncommonTrend

UncommonTrend Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can post jobs on oDesk as an individual.

UncommonTrend, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  8. ladymacbeth9

ladymacbeth9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Needanarticle.com is a nice writing site.

ladymacbeth9, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  9. Adrian235

Adrian235 Member

Best Answers:
    You can easily get better articles at prices that are much lower than that. I actually have some connections that take care of writing for $5 per 500 words including posting on the site you have. If you are interested, please get in touch and I would talk with you about it. At the same time, Elance is a lot better than Odesk when it comes to finding high quality content. I know because I hire from both.

Adrian235, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  10. incashdairy.cy

incashdairy.cy Peon

Best Answers:
    These topic helps me very much. Since my mother tongue is not English, I have trouble to write original articles myself, now i get good ways of getting original content to run my English websites.

incashdairy.cy, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  11. WLEadmin

WLEadmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you need, your budget and how you want to work.

As people have already suggested, you can find writers on forums like DP, though you'll have to check their work yourself and make sure you don't get screwed on pay/content. It's often best to read through the writing forums here and look for folks who are coherent and competent - and who, ideally, have a signature that says they're looking for work - then contact them and ask.

Whatever you do, don't post asking for writers. I know it sounds dumb, but if you do this, you will be inundated with a hundred offers of "best qaulity contents" from crappy writers who see "$10 per article" and figure they can screw you by churning out rubbish, grabbing the money and disappearing. Put in the effort and look for writers, then contact them yourself. (Yes, I'm a cynic!)

The bidding sites (Elance, oDesk, Freelancer) are good as well, but again you have to watch your back. There are far too many scammers and scumbags around, so make sure you don't throw money around up-front, and - generally speaking - don't pick the cheapest bidder. Pick someone who writes well, makes sense, and has a price point that both matches their quality level and fits your budget.

Don't forget the content mills and marketplaces. iWriter is cheap (with appropriate quality levels), Constant Content is expensive, PenStars is in between. Quality is what you'd expect - iWriter is the dregs, unless you limit yourself to the top end writers (but remember that they can pay to achieve top rankings easier, so it's not indicative); CC is the best but costs a bomb; PenStars has a very wide range, unless you pick the Premium stuff, and is very new so has limited stock. There are plenty of others, as well, if you hunt around a bit. Make sure you can preview the work or see a sample or something, before spending.

Personally, I'd go for either the marketplaces or the bidding sites. If you want a batch of work, the bidding sites are good. If you want individual articles without the ongoing budget strain, contract hassle and possibility of the writer flaking out and disappearing, the marketplaces are a great place to pick up additional content ad hoc, without any commitment. And check for plagiarism. :)

And finally, don't compromise on quality. It's really tempting to go for cheap stuff that fills space, but good content really does pay for itself in the longer term - more and more, in fact, as Google continues to prioritise authority and relevance (etc.).

My 2c. :)

WLEadmin, Jan 6, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  12. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    We just launched DotWriter , a platform for content sellers and buyers. You may want to give it a test as we already have a good number of writers.
    Pricing starts from 1 cent/word and goes up to 3 cents/word depending on the writer level. Also, you can choose from already available articles. All articles are unique, copyscape passed and checked by an editor to ensure quality.

Best,
    Peter

goscript, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  13. hostingv

hostingv Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, you could try freelancer.com. you will find good content writer. Here, just post your job, content writer willbid. You can check the previous work done by them and review about the work they have delivered till now. I hope this would be help to you.

hostingv, Jan 6, 2015 IP
    Apart from what has been suggested so far about freelance websites, webmaster forums, content mills and other similar types of online job boards, I would like to point you to some other places where good writers can be found as well.
    1) Online communities/networks and social media:
    Freelance writers form various groups on global online communities like Google+. Professional networks like LinkedIn will also help you a lot to find good writers. You can check out fan pages on Facebook and daily tweets some high-profile bloggers post on Twitter easily through Google. If you use several search engines simultaneously, you'll find a lot of quality writers through these sites. The advantage of hiring writers from such places is that most of them have a powerful social media presence and online following which naturally results in attracting a bigger audience to your website. However, you need to do some background and reference checking before actually hiring a writer because NOT everyone on social media and/or online communities is what they appear to be. It's easily possible to fake an identity. So, doing your due diligence is the best way to stay safe from getting scammed.
    2) Guest bloggers:
    Contacting guest bloggers can be a potentially very good idea if you have a limited budget. Many expert bloggers are ready to guest blog for you sometimes even without charging anything because they need a platform to promote themselves (which they readily get). This approach can fetch good-quality content at virtually no or a very low cost in some instances. High-profile guest bloggers already possess an expertise that can add diversity to the content you put up on your site (which results in more readers ultimately) and their audience-attracting capabilities automatically generate more traffic for your business. What you need to do here is lay down precise guidelines and set standards so that guest bloggers you employ know what you're exactly expecting. The clearer you're in your instructions, the better bloggers can deliver.
    3) Professional content writing companies:
    With professional companies providing content writing services, one of the main advantages is that their turnaround time is usually short. It depends for the most part on the nature of your content but by and large, they are able to deliver it faster than others. Another benefit is they attend to the complete process of content creation. Right from researching your niche and target audience to paraphrasing your content in an engaging format, their writers do the whole job. You don't have to worry about editing the content yourself and communicating frequently or even now and then with their writers. They help you to figure out what you're looking for or the type of content that would suit your website the most by probing your business model or plan. This approach is a bit costlier compared to those stated previously but you can be assured that you'll get mostly, or rather only top-notch content because these companies hire and engage *only* professional and reputable writers. Some extra investment is what you need here precisely but it can work wonders in the long run (esp. if you employ the right company). As has been already said, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. :)
    4) Industry-specific or niche-specific forums:
    There are many forums or discussion boards that are dedicated exclusively to a specific niche or industry. Needless to say, the participants there are mostly experts dealing with the subject in question. You can check out their posting to get an idea of how competitive and expert a particular poster/participant is. After you identify a handful of really good and capable experts, you can approach them directly to write for you (provided of course the rules of that particular forum allow so). Otherwise, you can participate in the discussions as a typical poster and contact the expert writers privately - a facility which almost all forums provide nowadays.

Some other ways through which you can reach good writers:
    1. Many writers have a personal website, blog or an individual profile page showcasing their portfolio that is not connected with any social media platform or online community/group. Such writers can be found directly by searching through Google. Make sure, however, that you use right and varied combinations of keywords while searching. The more keywords you use, the more and better options you'll have.
    2. Set up a separate 'Write-for-us' page on your website. There are many freelance or self-employed writers who contact site owners directly and one of the quickest ways they reach them is through search engines. If your 'Write-for-us' page gets indexed quickly and appears at a higher position in SERPs, it will increase your visibility and a greater number of writers will contact you. This will save your time to a great extent which you would otherwise spend in finding writers through their postings, websites or profile pages.
    3. One of the trends that has evolved of late esp. among expert writers and bloggers is they comment on niche-specific blogs and post their opinions regularly through social media accounts. Regularly keep track of frequent commentators on these platforms. In time, you will get an in-depth insight into the quality of their comments/views and you'll find it easy to set apart the really good or expert writers/bloggers from others. If you run your own blog or a small blogging section on your website that's open for people to comment, tracking down commentators becomes comparatively much easier.
    4. I'm not so sure about cold calling and emailing but sometimes it does help. Grab a copy of local yellow pages listings and try contacting some advertised content creation businesses coldly. Alternatively, you can also publish an ad detailing your requirement in local newspapers and magazines or classified ads websites like Craigslist.
    My 2c too. Hope it helps.

Content Maestro, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  15. Googl

Googl Active Member

Best Answers:
    $10 per article sounds link a Fiverr option. You can try out a few writers on Fiverr to find the right one then pay more if you like their content.

Googl, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  16. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Jan 18, 2015 IP
  17. Dan W Brown

Dan W Brown Banned

Best Answers:
    Other than the marketplace here in DigitalPoint, freelance websites where you can hire someone to write for you like oDesk, Elance, Freelancer and People per Hour, don't forget that you can also look for companies who offer content writing services. You can also try getting content writers at Fiverr.

Dan W Brown, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  18. hoovers

hoovers Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe oDesk?

hoovers, May 15, 2015 IP
  19. Cristina R

Cristina R Peon

Best Answers:

Hey, As you are looking for the place where you can find content writers. In my opinion, You can check Text-Writers which is one of the best place where you can get content writers easily and at reasonable rates. Here, businesses can sign up to hire professional content writers to write content for their website, blog or to buy articles. You can order custom content or buy pre-written content.

Cristina R, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  20. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Problogger is actually the best one of the best ones. Most of the people who apply from there are native U.S. writers.

jv1999, Jun 27, 2016 IP