1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Penguin Latest Dec 2014 Updates & Recoveries

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by RULE, Dec 14, 2014.

HI SEO Experts!

I have seen many sites have recovered after 1 yr long gap. The recent Google penguin updates Dec 2nd to Dec 5 2014, have shown initially recovery.

Now i would like to clear some of my doubts. So i would like the experts to come in with there inputs.

Is this the reason for recovery?
    1) You have submitted the bad links via disavow tool? And also removed some of the links manually?

or

2) No changes have been done to the sites, Abandoned the site or left as it was. But when the penguin update came all sites recovered automatically ? If yes then plz give examples of the sites like name of the site. Becz I feel google might just have lifted the penalty for all of the sites which have been already affected by penguin last year ? or have removed the filter itself. If this is true then the disavow tool is of no use, becz its just google removed the algorithm penalty(filter)??

RULE, Dec 14, 2014 IP
  2. Vesperado

Vesperado Peon

Best Answers:
    I have some sites that I definitely think were a direct result of removing bad links manually and keeping all documentation in a spreadsheet and then doing a disavow. i did have one site that had rankings drop and then without doing anything at all came back. with that being said, i do think that the best route is to not just disavow, but to also try and remove the links.

Vesperado, Dec 14, 2014 IP
    praetserge and RULE like this.
  3. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its still effective to remove bad links from your profile links because Google Penguin is still had an ongoing update until now and some fluctuations are still happening. At the same time build interesting and engaging content to build up quality links within your site.

KylieSweet, Dec 14, 2014 IP
    RULE likes this.
  4. niharikadutt

niharikadutt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My website is also recovered after removing bad links.

niharikadutt, Dec 14, 2014 IP
    RULE likes this.
  5. RULE

RULE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes but i have opened this discussion becz i want to know wether google has really worked on the penguin update?
    I mean suppose you have some sites where you have not cleanedup any backlinks but still they got recovered this time, then we have to conclude that its just that google has just lifted the penalty?

The main objective for Google Penguin is to target link spam, which is correct and that should be done.

But the current update i am quite confused. Becz
    1) Google says the Penguin update is a rolling update or a continuous update ? what does this mean practically?
    2) Does the disavow tool work?
    3) Or is it that they have removed the Google penguin algorithm filter itself and may be they are using a new filter which might be lighter? Becz google is behind spam sites, but in that process they have affected good sites also, which is the reason they might have worked on a lighter algo filter?

That said, what i believe is that if there are any bad links, manual removal is the best method.

I would like experts to suggest any website that has been affected by the latest Google penguin update Dec 5 2014 ? Becz so far i have see recoveries.

RULE, Dec 14, 2014 IP
  6. Amit1981

Amit1981 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Disavow tool really works as I had recovered two website after being penalized by Google.
    Make sure to collect backlinks ONLY from Google Webmaster Tools, as these links are consider most by Google.
    thanks

Amit1981, Dec 16, 2014 IP
    RULE likes this.
  7. js088

js088 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One of my sites did recover from Penguin and one got hit. I had tried to remove some lousy backlinks manually and through the disavow route in the former. I had done no such thing in the latter. So that could be it :(

js088, Dec 18, 2014 IP
  8. sginteractive

sginteractive Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did nothing , but after that my 5 sites in good ranking, can anyone tell me more about this update?

sginteractive, Dec 20, 2014 IP
    RULE likes this.
  9. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My site was negatively SEO'ed in April and I thought google was smart enough to see it but in October I got penalised by penguin 3, so I was thinking of what steps to take and in December google did another update and I virtually got all my rankings back.
    I'm still building some strong links to the website and planning to clean up the spam to my website.
    Overall, i think google is smart enough to see it when you spam or when you get spammed and I think it's a good idea to clean up your link profile even if you got spammed by somebody else.

praetserge, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  10. Internetjunky

Internetjunky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Quality links are so much better than quantity now. The links pointing to your site have to be relevant to the content of your site.

Internetjunky, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  11. RULE

RULE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is what i am concerned. There are many sites which did nothing and automatically got ranking back!
    You mean to say your 5 sites were hit by Penguin last year and this year all those 5 sites recovered without doing anything??

RULE, Dec 25, 2014 IP