1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Verifying paypal with Debit card. What is "card statement"

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by templatese, Apr 21, 2008.

I opened a paypal account and added a Debit card to verify it.
    Then, I received this message:

"Check your card statement in 2-3 days and find the 4-digit PayPal code for the charge.
    Return to PayPal and enter the 4-digit code to confirm your credit card."

What's that?
    how to get the card statement?

templatese, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  2. mobilebuzz

mobilebuzz Banned

Best Answers:
    hey mate
    statement means the bank statement your bank account statement
    when you get that there will be a 4 digit code printed after the transaction done by paypal
    you just need to enter that code to verify your account
    btw which banks debit card have u used?
    you can even check that code online by logging into your bank account
    i hope this will help you

mobilebuzz, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  3. templatese

templatese Banned

Best Answers:
    Okay, I see. Thank you very much! :)

templatese, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  4. WM7

WM7 Peon

Best Answers:
    templatese, from which country you are from? i am facing a same problem so asked!

WM7, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  5. goforhunt

goforhunt Banned

Best Answers:
    Sometimes, if you have online banking for your credit card, you can get the code in 24hrs, its something like

4578EXPUSE = $1.95

and 4578 is ur 4 digit code in the example case.

gud luck

goforhunt, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  6. google.com

google.com Banned

Best Answers:
    see the statement in your online statement if will arrive infew minutes

google.com, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  7. achusonline

achusonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah checking the statement online is the best method, I received it as soon as the transaction was complete.

achusonline, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  8. roadrippersid

roadrippersid Peon

Best Answers:
    i am facing the same prob too and still in ma bank account its nt come so i went and talked to bank excutive he dint understand a word told by me how dumb can any one be ??? now wat to do??

roadrippersid, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  9. gsv13

gsv13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which debit card ru using??

gsv13, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  10. mobilebuzz

mobilebuzz Banned

Best Answers:
    which bank card are you using?

mobilebuzz, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  11. smile_pleazz

smile_pleazz Peon

Best Answers:
    hiii...i m facing the same problem, the debit card i m using is from "Punjab National Bank" and is master card. I met an official from the bank and he had no idea about the card statement. I did the verification on the 10th of june and there are 2 entries in my pass book, that are as follows:
    Date -------- Particulars -------------------------------- DR amount
    10-06-09 ---- To POSP/00000001/12609/5126520 -------- 47.49
    10-06-09 ---- To POSP/00000001/330528/512652 -------- 92.61

thats it. where is the code?? how do i get it??
    plzzz help me...

smile_pleazz, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  12. beemboy

beemboy Peon

Best Answers:
    u phone up customer care of ur credit card provider and ask him to see the statement and say the 4 digit code next to where u have been charged paypal
    or ask him to mail a statement and ull find it out

beemboy, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  13. kamteste

kamteste Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi I Used PNB Debit Card to link it to Paypal. the account was debited with Rs 136 from two transactions , but i didn't find the paypal code or expuse code there. then i went to the bank manager , he is nice gentlemen and i told him the story of my paypal card registration. he showed me the complete details of the transaction made by paypal. but i didn't saw any expuse number there. then i called up the PNB customer care and asked for the expuse number but he told me that the amount that ur see in in your statement was done by the Third party not paypal. i.e paypal deducted money from thirdparty and then that third party deducted money from my account. so the paypal expuse number is with the third party. when i asked him about the contact details of that third party he told me that the amount was debited under some MTU settlement. and for security reasons they can't provide the thirdparty contact. Now guys that's the full story and the reason why we don't see the Expuse Number in the statement.

kamteste, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  14. skater4life095

skater4life095 Peon

Best Answers:
    i am having a similiar problem i have a american express prepaid card that i put 100 dollars on and paypal sent me the 1.95 charge and i can see the charge on the view my balance option for this card and the description is PAYPAL INC MARK - PURCHASE WITH AVS, and the reference number i tried the ending 4 digits and the starting 4 digits neither worked, help please???

skater4life095, Jun 30, 2011 IP
  15. Blitzzzzzzz

Blitzzzzzzz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sir where to get the debit or credit card statement ? I dont even know the bank account online . What other way i can get it ? Thanks

Blitzzzzzzz, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  16. Fakher

Fakher Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey guys, if you are facing these kind of issues like above, best way is just call your bank help line, and they shall be able to tell you the code and amount that was charged by PayPal for verification of your debit/credit card.

Fakher, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  17. power_point

power_point Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    will paypal send the 4 digit code to emails that have been linked to my visa?

power_point, Dec 11, 2014 IP
  18. consul

consul Active Member

Best Answers:
    The answer is NO. The only way to do it is you either check you statement online (if you have enrolled your debit card/credit card for online facility of the bank) or you can call their customer service and ask for the 4-digit Paypal Code.

If you cannot have the 4-digit code, I suggest you find an alternative card. Also link a bank account to your Paypal. That's another option to withdraw later if allowed in your country.

I wish you well.

consul, Dec 11, 2014 IP
  19. Proaffili

Proaffili Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look guys, I also use debit cards with PayPal and was in similar situation twice in the past. All I did was return to the bank that issued me the debit card and the teller checked on their system and give the code to me - it's that simple. Now I do online banking so I'm able to check it for myself whenever the need arise.

As long as the debit card was issued by the bank, they are supposed to have access to the records of transactions done through the card. You need to return to the bank and request their assistance once more as no one else can help you.

One more thing: That statement has nothing to do with your bank account. It is a statement for the transactions done with cash from your debit card and not from your bank account.

The bank I deal with here in Trinidad and Tobago don't send you debit card statements and I think most don't. This is why it's necessary to go to them to get that PayPal code.

Proaffili, Dec 29, 2016 IP
  20. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all PNB debit cards are not available for verifying the PayPal account. The amount deducted from your account will get credited within one months. Because it not charged by PayPal directly. You can use ICICI, AXIS bank debit cards to verify your account. I had used my AXIS bank titanium debit card to verify my PayPal account. When PayPal charge your card you can get the details through your Net banking account. Hope it will help you.

iwebsocial, Dec 31, 2016 IP