1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone is using name cheap hosting?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by stam1, Dec 10, 2014.

I just registered some new domains and thought to try Namecheap for sharedhosting option .
    Anyone have any experience and can share some wisdom?
    Thanks in advance.

stam1, Dec 10, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I try to avoid companies that are huge like that. Having to migrate 100+ people from hostgator for instance took me a long time lol...

For what its worth. I use these folks https://www.iwfhosting.net/ In well over a year I have only spoken to 1-2 people depending on the department. I prefer stuff gets fixed in real time.

No affiliate link. Just doing the right thing.

hope that helps a bit.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 10, 2014 IP
  3. stam1

stam1 Peon

Best Answers:
    well i was thinking about hostgator since i have a few domains there but after recent changes in ownership I don't think i'm going to go on with them .
    I am afraid though from going to "small" hosting companies that might "disappear" one day...

stam1, Dec 11, 2014 IP
  4. nerdipod

nerdipod Member

Best Answers:
    The possession of fully redundant data centers. If you are considering doing business with a smaller hosting vendor, ensure that they have adequate power and connectivity capabilities.

nerdipod, Dec 11, 2014 IP
  5. paullopez

paullopez Active Member

Best Answers:
    You better check hosting offer section of DP. Create a short list of hosting companies that you like, check since how long they are in the business and whether their representatives are active on DP or not. Contact each of them directly and figure out which one can fulfill your requirements in the best manner. Though this way you will find your next host easily, but keep in mind, maintain your own backups separately because internet is internet anything can happen, hosting providers are not perfect.

Having own backups will give you an advantage to move on easily if you find the service level poor. In addition, always check TOS and Money back guarantee policies of hosts. Remember, the most important thing is how they are willing to help you, not how good package or deal they are offering.

You already got some good recommendations in this thread, but what makes best for others may or may not work for you. So it’s upto you to decide hosting company and you should choose it wisely.

paullopez, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The change of ownership of HG was not really recent, happened a few years ago and the mother company (EIG) has bought many many other companies since then, ruining the majority of them, just like they did with HG.

I do see your point about Big and Small hosts, however I think you are seeing the hosting world just in black and white. In reality there are a lot of mid-level hosts who can provide you with a quality service without the high risks of going bankrupt overnight. But this is what the research is for, right? In my eyes there are a few very big disadvantages of going with a major host, but the most important in my eyes would be the personal treatment. A big host, willingly or not, loses sight of their most important asset (the customer) and instead focus on another one (making money). With the tons of clients they get everyday services start to lack, customer support becomes slower, issues tend to get overlooked. In any ways, whatever approach you feel is right for you just make sure you don't rush into it. Make your list of requirements and related questions, shortlist some hosts and visit their chat/phone before signing up so you can test and feel what service should you expect once a customer. Even the most experienced webmaster would need support at some point so you better make sure they are knowledgeable.

As for your initial question about NameCheap, personally won't be a first choice for me as their main scope is domain services, offering hosting on the side. This is an indication that most of their attention would always be aimed toward domains. Having that in mind I mostly hear great things about their support so that is one plus for them (provided most hosting companies lack mainly in that aspect).

Hope you found a great home for your website(s) and you can always check back here if you have more questions ;)

Rado_ch, Jan 13, 2015 IP
  7. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap hosting costs $1 for a month ? No harm in giving it a try.

it career, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  8. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think you wont be sorry to try them, i was happy with their services (i was reseller)

postcd, Jan 24, 2015 IP
  9. mojonotion

mojonotion Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can try 000webhost for free hosting but if you want premium type hosting services then Mojo Notion LLC will be best for you. Actually both worked for me

mojonotion, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  10. Cecil Mah

Cecil Mah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah I think cost for $1 is quiet good for a month.

Cecil Mah, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  11. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have always had the approach of having domains and hosting with different companies, and this has served me well. The HG domain platform, is (or was) one of the worst that I have ever used, so it is worth your time to consolidate them into the namecheap system. As for hosting, I cannot comment on them.

As for the comment regarding small hosts, I would never buy a domain from a small host (nor would I want a domain with HG, or bluehost, or other), but hosting is different. As long as you have domains elsewhere, reliable backups, and go with a legitimate registered company, you will greatly reduce your chances of having a serious problem as you will be able to move quickly and easily.
    Backups are just as important whether you are with a small provider, or providers such as namecheap, goddady, or HG.

matt_62, Feb 16, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.