1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. sheree99

sheree99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tiny increase so far - maybe next week!

sheree99, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  2. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats a good news to proxy owners :D

geekos, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  3. omsn

omsn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    who can give me a VPS host that accept proxy

omsn, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  4. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use MegaWorldhosting (.com) myself and have for the last 3 years and I'm well pleased with them. There's also BlueVM that I've used in the past, they have a 'low memory' modded version of LXAdmin/Kloxo to make best use of available resources too. LowEndBox is another place to look but may be worth asking potential hosts first 'cuz not all accept proxies nowadays. WebHostingTalk is useful as well for offers, but again, worth asking first. If you just want to get started there's a free proxy host called (funnily enough) FreeProxyHosting (.net), you get the home page ads, they get proxied page ads, but it's free so costs you no money at all, I've used them and they work well too.

UncleP, Oct 4, 2014 IP
  5. lightstarm2k

lightstarm2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all, I've been doing stuff offline a while. Is proxy business nowadays still get good amount of visitors? Now I wanna start a network again.
    I want to promote them via email blast, is it OK with adsense account?

lightstarm2k, Oct 8, 2014 IP
  6. omsn

omsn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hello guys

is putting cpmfun on proxied page have no effect on adsense ?

omsn, Oct 12, 2014 IP
  7. bobpit

bobpit Member

Best Answers:
    omsn

BlueVM is very economical and allows public proxy servers.

lightstarm2k

See my post here:
    The Proxy Discussion Thread: forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/the-proxy-discussion-thread.399487/page-1020#post-19010155

bobpit, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  8. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes ,still making money from proxies.. made good $$ using popads on proxified page :)

geekos, Nov 25, 2014 IP
    D3rek likes this.
  9. bobpit

bobpit Member

Best Answers:
    I made two email blasts. First one brought extra 600 visitors on the first day. Another 600 on the next 3-4 days total.

After two weeks I made a second blast, it had half of the initial effect.

I barely made up the 10 usd I spent. I do not regret though. Traffic is slowly building there.

My other proxy is doing extremely good. The traffic and earnings have tripled the last few months. Many visitors are google-organic. This is due to good SEO.

It might be a good idea to just create proxies, raise them to a good standing (traffic, earnings) and then just sell them.

bobpit, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  10. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey all,

Looking to buy proxy promo services. Hit me up with your price.

- luke

lukey372, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  11. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    how proxies can help in seo?

Naina S, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  12. bobpit

bobpit Member

Best Answers:
    Naina S

It is the other way around. SEO helps in proxy promotion, like any other website.

lukey372

Are you asking for SEO too? Then I can help.

bobpit, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  13. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    any black friday domain deals? planning to buy new domains :)

geekos, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  14. bobpit

bobpit Member

Best Answers:
    geekos

Yes, I am selling two SSL domains. Sent you a PM with details.

bobpit, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  15. nwk

nwk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is pretty much alive. I'm the owner of the browser addons - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/proxy-list-free-proxies-f/omihnninlhneakfglooiofgdbpmnhjgn & https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/proxylist/. I get considerable traffic from the addons and never had to promote for a steady income of ~$500/month from adsense and ~$400/mo from premium proxy services. I'm thinking of starting an affiliate site for my premium proxy service as there is a lot of conversions these days and it's cheap. For a $5 purchase, proxy owners can get 20% and the same for each recurring payment. I think it sounds like a good plan but let me know what you guys think of this affiliate program. I know that monetizing your proxified page is the biggest problem in proxy business and this might just be the right thing to do.

That shouldn't be a problem unless you put adsense on your proxified page which will definitely get your ass kicked :).

Which popup ads are you using? I've tried several ad networks in the proxified pages but i don't any network is worth it. With like 10K views per day, I get like $0.4. Do you know any better ad network?

What's the usual pricing for selling proxy sites. I'm thinking of selling my proxy sites as I need huge money in the next couple of months for my higher studies. I have around 10 proxy sites which earn around $400-$500 per month with adsense. How much do you think I can get by selling these? Thanks in advance btw :).

I can submit your proxy site to ~183 working proxy list sites. I have a list of more than 400 proxy sites but only around 180 to 200 sites are working properly. Proxy.org have some issues with their submission system and therefore, I can't submit to proxy.org. I'll charge $5 per proxy site for submission into those ~180 sites. Let me know if you are interested.

I think the poster meant the other way round but proxies can help in promotion of your non-proxy sites. With backlinks and traffic diversion, it's sometimes very handy to kick off a new site if you have a huge number of visitors to your proxy sites. Easy to boost your page rank and search engine rankings too with backlinks although you gotta be careful enough to not get blacklisted by google.

nwk, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  16. bobpit

bobpit Member

Best Answers:
    nwk

Congratulation for the addons, they look great.

Not sure what this service is that you want to make affiliates.

According to a source in proxies, they sell up to 10 times the revenue they make per month. So theoretically you can sell them for $4000-$5000.

My 2 domains make around 50 euros per month, so I am asking for 500 euros. The only offer I had was 150 euros, I declined. Why setlle for 150? I can just hold them on for 3 more months. Makes sense?

bobpit, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  17. nwk

nwk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, 10x sounds ok but 3x is not worth it. About the service, it's a premium proxy service with private HTTP proxy servers. The proxy servers can be used directly through the addons. The signup page (https://proxylists.me/signup) will provide a few more details of what the service is about.

nwk, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  18. lightstarm2k

lightstarm2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    10x is little too high, it will depend on how stable the traffic and the age of the sites. I think 5x is already hard to get.
    If anyone wanna invest 10x, they would not go for proxy.

lightstarm2k, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  19. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey all,

Still looking to buy premium spots on toplists.
    I have 10 websites and a budget of about 100-200.

Regards,
    Luke

lukey372, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  20. bobpit

bobpit Member

Best Answers:
    I sold my two proxies for 330 euros. Actually right now we are in the middle of the process with escrow.com.

I made a review of all my costs. Promotions cost me 35 usd. Education/forums cost me 35 usd. Domains, ssl, hosting for 2 years cost me 170 usd, though they were idle for 1 year and I only used the proxies for 1 year. So I could have cut this cost in half. Total cost 240 usd (195 euros). Adsense revenue is 220 euros. Sale price (minus escrow/bank expenses) is about 305 euros. Total revenue 525 euros. Total profit 525-195 = 330 euros.

I estimate that with no more promotions, my expenses in the future would be 100 usd (80 euros) per year.
    I estimate that they could make 500 euros per year revenue in the future. So from now on I could have made 420 euros profit per year. This is not bad pocket/passive money.

Why did I sell the "business"? Because for me it was not "passive" money. I spent many sleepless nights on a very steep learning curve learning and administrating a unix server. I did learn a lot but still, when the site response was slow or gave errors, I had to struggle to determine if the hosting provider was the source of the problem, traffic overload, a DOS attack etc. Too much stress. I have other projects waiting, much more exciting, much more profitable.

I want to thank tom11011 (I had bought his ebook on proxies) for helping me so much. He was essentially my personal supporter and troubleshooter. We must have exchanged 200 emails in the last 2 years. From marketing proxies to troubleshooting unix issues. THANK you Tom.

bobpit, Dec 9, 2014 IP
    Nusaint likes this.