1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there a limit to List additions

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Andy Seabrook, Nov 25, 2014.

I have a lot of non followers on Twitter so I decided I would unfollow a lot of older accounts that are not following me. Thing is with many of them I wasnt sure exactly which ones tweets were relevant to me, I still wanted to see tweets from many, so I thought I would put all in a list and remove them from the list if I needed to. This would allow me to unfollow a bunch of tweeps without loosing their future tweets and without taking a century to get the job done. As would be the case if checking each tweep individually.

After adding about 46 - 50 pepel to a new watch list, I am suddenly unable to add tweeps to any of my lists, as if my account were suspended or something. The message pops up saying

"your account may not be able to perform this action. Please refresh the page and try again"

But the account is not suspended I can still follow other users!

Andy Seabrook, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  2. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    You account must be restricted, you can ask twitter to consider your account or juts create a new account.

Dario McNut, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  3. Andy Seabrook

Andy Seabrook Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes of course making a new account is always an option in situations like this, but of course if the use of the tool has more importance than just casual, that's potentially a huge investment in time just thrown away. I dont know how Twitter stacks up in terms of focus on support regarding users issues but expecting it to be along the lines of Facebook's "Who gives a s***, we have a billion other users that will stay with us" attitude, I am not going to waste my time on that option either unless there seems no other recourse. Instead I decided to just let the dust settle a bit and see what would happen - well something did happen next day, whatever kind of restriction it was disappeared. Too many list additions in to short a space of time I guess. Word of warning if using tweebe.at a list manager - guessing that was the culprit!

Andy Seabrook, Nov 26, 2014 IP
  4. alexandra020496

alexandra020496 Peon

Best Answers:
    HI i there, I have a question about a restricted account on Twitter, how can I restore it?
    My account has been restricted, however there was no abusive activity from it. However, it has been restricted for several months so far and I don't know how to reverse the process. Can anyone tell me please what can I do about it?
    Twitter Help Center does not contain any information on how to restore the account, neither does Twitter Support give sufficient guidance through direct messaging.

alexandra020496, Feb 13, 2018 IP