1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bing ads working really well for us

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by xcesslogic, Nov 3, 2014.

Would like to share this to anyone who might be interested.

Since last 3 months we are trying both Google adwords and Bing ads to promote our websites.
    Here are the results so far

Google adwords :
    Money spent in 3 months : 450$
    Impressions : 46000+
    Clicks achieved : 350

Bing Ads
    Money spent in 3 months : 105$
    Impressions : 27000+
    Clicks achieved : 300

We have concluded that Bing ads are bringing more relevant and targeted clicks to us in less cost. Impressions are low but much more targeted

Looking forward for other people thoughts!

xcesslogic, Nov 3, 2014 IP
  2. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It all comes to ROI. I don't see you taking this in consideration. Yes, you might get cheaper clicks, but unless they convert I don't see why it would make it worth.

What are your conversion rates?

goscript, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  3. xcesslogic

xcesslogic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Goscript. You are right. For us we just want users to come to our site. We are not selling anything. So for us more clicks in less cost is what matters. Apologies, I should have added this to my previous message itself.

xcesslogic, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I concur, Bing (at the moment) seems more efficient and less expensive at driving targeted traffic to my sites.

Don't have any firm stats whether or not it's producing higher ROI compared to AdWords, since I am not selling anything per se either, but overall I am happy with what I get from it.

qwikad.com, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  5. ghmanz

ghmanz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have had a decent ROI with bing ads. I have also had a case of 100+ fraudulent clicks in 1 day all from the same website promoting my content and Bing ads support said it was normal.

ghmanz, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Did you select Bing & Yahoo search engines only in your campaigns? If you selected the search partners as well, that will give you all kinds of invalid clicks. I use the search engines only and I have not noticed any fraudulent activity yet (been with Bing Ads for over 2 years).

qwikad.com, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  7. ghmanz

ghmanz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Exactly the lesson I learned. I switched to search engines only and have been getting less traffic, but more quality traffic.

ghmanz, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  8. Jason Webb

Jason Webb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bing Ads have been working well for me as long as you don't get caught by their "quality rating" system, which isn't always easy to understand.

If you are given a low quality score for a particular keyword, then your ad won't often appear, even if you bid a high amount.

From what I do understand, the quality score takes into account the relationship between ad text, keywords, and landing page text (as well as user experience on the landing page).

Therefore, it's better to make sure that the keywords you use are pretty nicely targeted, rather than just going for pure quantity of keywords. In theory, this should also help conversion rates anyway, so everyone's a winner!

Regards

Jason

Jason Webb, Nov 29, 2014 IP
    Kay Rae likes this.
  9. Kay Rae

Kay Rae Member

Best Answers:
    For some reason using Bing my ROI is extremely lower than Google Adwords. One thing is that Bing cost pennies compared to Google which is a plus for low quality niches. Search engine traffic is better than having site traffic for me cause it seems like all I was getting were non-action CTR.

Kay Rae, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  10. jetwings

jetwings Active Member

Best Answers:
    As per my experience, Bing gives lot of impressions, but not of as quality as Google. (Search ads)
    Conversions on Bing are bad.
    I believe this is mainly because Bing gets the traffic from Yahoo and other less prominent search engines... like webcrawler, rockettab, aol.. what not, most of the names I've never heard.
    RoI is better on Google any day.
    And, obviously Google is strict in terms of policy.. they can suspend your campaigns even for minor policy violations...

jetwings, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  11. Active

Active Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't waste time & money in promoting my business through vouchers.

Active, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  12. PartnerwithJackie

PartnerwithJackie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'll give a test with both. So many factors to include. I would like to know someone's stats for both.

PartnerwithJackie, Dec 9, 2014 IP
  13. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't receive the same kind of results, but that's just me.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  14. expertofexperts

expertofexperts Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also purchased many bing activated ads accounts and promoted my campaign and yes Bing gave far better results. I have got good turnout in much lesser price than investing on large network of G which most of the times have made me in loss...

expertofexperts, Dec 25, 2014 IP
  15. Adiziz

Adiziz Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I had tried bingads just last week. Was testing out and promoting some IM stuffs. The bids were pretty much lesser than Adwords by 50%. It happens just 1 day, with a budget of $5.00. I had like 30 clicks, with 1 sale.

Adiziz, Mar 8, 2015 IP